What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Cop Land

Good movie, for what it is. Sly Stallone intentionally gained something like 35 pounds of fat for the role.

and he still looks better than I ever have or will

It has a great cast and DeNiro's hair was all kinds of awesome

Road Games

I love that movie to death! Probably my favorite neo-Hitchcock (for lack of a better term).

Jamie Lee Curtis made a ton of movies at that time (Prom Night!! The Fog!!! Terror Train!!) but this is easily the best of the lot

• Like 1

William Shatner's Gonzo Ballet

Tonight, El Topo. Never seen it. Hear it's pretty amazing.

It is. If you're a fan of popcorn blockbusters, it's not for you.

You'll definitely see that it inspired David Lynch and Dennis Hopper, just to name the 2 most obvious artists it influenced

Bette Davis...

Jezebel

- Classic Hollywood antebellum old south romantic romp with Henry Fonda. The ending cuts you off a bit mind.

The Nanny

- Hammer horror, but not the Hammer gothic genre but a continuation of the Aldrich style which gave Davis a bit of an Indian Summer. Superb. You see the twist coming but you are never 100% certain. She slightly underplays her performance here.

• Like 1

This weekend i saw a movie that blew my mind. The purge...never heard about the film before ...but i was watching tv , bored ...changing chanels , saw the tittle of the movie and thought there coud be something good there. I was right , loved the movie ...i spent the next hours thinking about that imaginary future.To the ones that never saw it , the story happens in America where the gouverment creates a law that in one day , for 12 hours anyone can do any kind of crimes, withouth being punished . The idea behind it is to allow people to release their violence and hate on that day , in result in the rest of the year the crime would go down ...also the most targeted during the purge were the poor . It was freaky to see how a society can come to accept something like that ...is freaky but not impossible . I started to think to myself " girl, this might not be so crazy or far away".

I mean , history shows us that , the nazis came along with all these ideas and many people in their country believed it was a "purge" of their home ...it was all for a good and bigger cause . Major econimc crises in society has such a tendency to bring to light extreme measures and ideas ....wich was also the basis of the story . In the movie America had been through many economic crises , wich lead to increase of violence and such ...and then the gouverment comes up with that incredible idea . FREAKY! FREAKY !

Now i googled more stuff about th movie and saw , there is a sequel "purge the anarchy " need to watch that now . Gonna give me even more shivers bet

• Like 1

Might watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I am starting to like Jennifer Lawrence. Two reasons, one is how she turned a potentially annoying character in Silver Linings Playbook into a highlight of the movie and how well she handled the nude photos. Still, her performance in the first film was lacking. Then again, her role doesn't require much from her.

Crystal Lake Memories, a SIX HOUR documentary about the Friday the 13th franchise. #bliss

My only disappointment is that Kevin Bacon didn't appear.

I didn't know that they reached out to the original Mrs Vorhees for Freddy vs Jason...who knew she was even still alive at that point??!! And I think she still is!!

There's a Nightmare on Elm St similar to this but I don't really care for that franchise....

Edited by Sixes

Might watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I am starting to like Jennifer Lawrence. Two reasons, one is how she turned a potentially annoying character in Silver Linings Playbook into a highlight of the movie and how well she handled the nude photos. Still, her performance in the first film was lacking. Then again, her role doesn't require much from her.

I'm definitely a Jennifer Lawrence fan.... for pretty much a lot of the same reasons you are. Plus, I wouldn't kick her out of bed, either. :P