What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Unbroken. Interesting since it's based on a true story, but we've seen all the stuff in so many movies it doesn't quite hit like it should. But the extras with the old man telling his story is great. I probably enjoyed that better than the actual movie.

Monster Dog with a young Alice Cooper. It was so bad. lol

Also watched Phantoms with a young Ben Affleck. It's based on the Dean Koontz book of the same name.

Ben affleck is da bomb in phantoms.

I just love that movie. Dean Koontz is one of my favorite writers and this movie actually does his book justice. Yeah, Ben was cool.

Just watched Mad Max Fury Road. God! it was just terrible. Mel Gibson was a so much better Max and the 3 movies he did had amazing storylines.

What the hell was this movie about? Crazy freak trying to get his baby mamas back? Oh what a suck! I actually felt Max was a secondary character to Charlene's character.

I guess it's lucky I saw all 3 Max movies so I knew his background, because you would never have known it by this movie.

The Road to Livingston.

It's a documentary following the sister of a man who is on Death Row in Texas for a crime it's looking unlikely he didn't commit.

If you are from the UK and want to write to inmates there, I can put you in touch with the people to know. PM me.

Morgan: A Suitable Case for Treatment (Karel Reisz, 1966) deals with themes of insanity, jealousy, romance and class division, whilst simultaneously skipping between madcap comedy and tragic love story. It details the descent into madness of the already psychologically unstable Morgan (David Warner), as he is forced to deal with the break-up of his marriage to Leonie (Vanessa Redgrave) and her plans to marry her lover Charles Napier (Robert Stephens). His inability to deal with the reality of his situation forces him into a world of fantasy, whereupon he sees things and people as wild animals in the jungle, viewing himself always as a gorilla. This particular obsession with gorillas increase along with his plight, with the lines of reality and fantasy becoming blurred as he inexplicably mimics the creatures in public to the bemusement of those around him, culminating in an extraordinary finale.

810QfyDC2uL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by kogun

I didn't think Pixels was terrible. It was an interesting concept that could have been executed a lot better. Probably more enjoyable than Adam Sandler's last few movies, besides That's My Boy.

Pixels was just ok, I agree it could have been executed in a MUCH better way. Thats my boy was an amazing movie, I really don't get why people don't like it.

Unbroken. Interesting since it's based on a true story, but we've seen all the stuff in so many movies it doesn't quite hit like it should. But the extras with the old man telling his story is great. I probably enjoyed that better than the actual movie.

The film was fucking good, imho

It could be turned out even more cheesier, though they don't tell the whole story there

and the japanese sergeant looked like he came from fucking Batlle Royale, lol his face was so punchable

also what extras? do you mean on dvd/blu-ray?

I would like to watch it

Edited by Strange Broue

Cloud Atlas. I like the idea about one person does the right thing and it effects the future. The movie isn't really a good adaptation of the book and sort of misses out a lot. But there's still a link between each period of history even if it's almost impossible to see on first viewing. The only other book I can compare it to is 2666 by Roberto Bolano.

Edited by wasted