Should Axl Show Up at a Country Music Event

yourcrazy

I doubt this would ever happen, but I'm just throwing this out there for discussion. The current state of the Rock Music world basically sucks. However, Country Music is Thriving. The current trend is for Rock musicians to cross over and perform alongside or as a country act. The result is that country music has somehow morphed into what pop/rock was 15 yrs ago. Last night on the CMA Music Fest we saw Lenny Kravitz, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, Kelly Clarkson all perform and even saw Carrie Underwood perform Paradise City. We also have crossovers like Aaron Lewis from Staind, Darius Rucker and many more going country. It seems like the only way to have commercial success now is to be a country artist or to be a fake studio created kid band.

Again, I don't think GNR should do a Country Album, but it may have been cool for Axl to sing alongside Carrie Underwood. It would definately give him some positive exposure and help promote a new album.

I doubt this would ever happen, but I'm just throwing this out there for discussion. The current state of the Rock Music world basically sucks. However, Country Music is Thriving. The current trend is for Rock musicians to cross over and perform alongside or as a country act. The result is that country music has somehow morphed into what pop/rock was 15 yrs ago. Last night on the CMA Music Fest we saw Lenny Kravitz, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, Kelly Clarkson all perform and even saw Carrie Underwood perform Paradise City. We also have crossovers like Aaron Lewis from Staind, Darius Rucker and many more going country. It seems like the only way to have commercial success now is to be a country artist or to be a fake studio created kid band.

Again, I don't think GNR should do a Country Album, but it may have been cool for Axl to sing alongside Carrie Underwood. It would definately give him some positive exposure and help promote a new album.

What a strange idea,

but I could see it, maybe not hard core country

I dont think Carrie would work

I think he could do something with Martina McBride, she has some sass,

or Shania Twain except she polluted herself by singing with Lionel Richie.

I always thought Joss Stone could sing a Guns tune

Shooter Jennings was considered for VR, and Kushner's written some country rock songs, so it would've been interesting.

Shooter declined, and I think it was really out of respect to Axl why he declined, plus I don't think he wanted to do the GNR songs night after night. But I think it could've brought Izzy back and made a great album. Maybe he'll do that third album with them, but if they're working with Glenn Hughes, it makes sense he would be the one to do it.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/shooter-jennings-offered-velvet-revolver-job-twice/

“They’ve asked me twice, dude,” Jennings told CR’s Henry Yates. “I’ve done a couple of shows with those guys, and they asked me a couple of years ago and they asked me again last year to be the singer. And it pained my heart not to say yes, because those guys are the best players in the world. They’re literally one of the best bands I’ve ever heard and to be able to sing with them has been amazing. But I had a talk with them about it, and I would absolutely still, to this day, get in a room and jam with them, but first of all, I knew I was gonna be doing another record and that what I wanted to do was really special to me, and I didn’t feel I could stifle that.”
“I didn’t feel like my next step should to be to go from feeling like my back was broken by Nashville to stepping into the shoes of Scott Weiland and singing that stuff,” he continued. “I kinda said, if you wanna get together and do some stuff, that’d be fine, but I don’t know about me going out and singing those songs, and being the replacement for Scott Weiland, after Axl.”
“You have to understand how big that is for me, because Guns N’ Roses was one of my favourite bands of all time,” Jennings continued. “I was six years old when Appetite For Destruction came out and it was the coolest thing. I never liked Bon Jovi. I never liked hair metal. I never liked any of that. When I heard Guns N’ Roses, it was dangerous and it was mean, and that was why I wanted to move to LA. I wanted to be Axl stepping off the bus with the hayseed in his mouth.”
“Duff, Slash, Matt and Dave have all become good friends and it’s no disrespect to them, but I just felt like it wasn’t my time to do that, y’know? For all the money it probably would have brought…”

Country is rock and roll now and that says tons.... people are so sick of electronica layers of noise and mediocre singers autotuned into thier skulls.Simple straightforward songs that are catchy, relatable to and tell a story. Its more rock than rock is currently! Axl could pull it off but it would require a return to what made him famous in the first place...blues based riffing on songs. Songs like Patience, PC, SCOM, Civil War and even Mr Brownstone and Nighttrain could be "countrified" and it would be a kick in the ass to see and hear him do it.

Lmao.....axl already shot down slash's souther rock albuma nd now some are saying to go country rock.....lmao....and after a shit show record like CD...hahahahaha

Lmao.....axl already shot down slash's souther rock albuma nd now some are saying to go country rock.....lmao....and after a shit show record like CD...hahahahaha

And yet when you listen for it...Axl got famous and rich on songs that have a 'country feel" to them.. patience, you aint the first Civil War starts out southern rockish , opening riffs of PC are incredibly country. Used to love her..mexican salsa flavored.