Eminem - new album, "MMLP2", out Nov 5th

Estranged Reality

Favorite Song?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am loving the hell out of this album. Bad Guy, Evil Twin, Rap God, Brainless, So Much Better, Love Game, Berzerk, Legacy, Asshole, etc. All great. Stronger Than I Was is really the low point for me. Some songs near the end are kinda so so. Still decent songs, but the great songs that I mentioned are really fucking good.

• Like 1

holy fuck the Evil Twin verses were insane, that's what i was waiting for

Great songs: So Much Better, Rap God, So Far, Love Game, Headlights, Evil Twin

Good songs: Asshole, Berzerk, Brainless, Bad Guy, Legacy

Okay songs: Survival, The Reason

Shit: Rhyme or Reason, Stronger Than I Was

I'd say the album is a solid 8ish out of 10. Definitely his best work since TES (though that isn't saying much). The only songs I really didn't like were The Monster (had potential), Rhyme or Reason (the yoda verse was so bad) and of course, Stronger Than I Was.

That might be a lot, but the good songs are REALLY good. I came in expecting something average, I came out with at least 3 new favorite songs.

I now officially like Berzerk btw.

This is pretty spot on. I think there are parts of Bad Guy that make it borderline great, and I'd say Survival is good.

Monster's really grown on me. Asshole is great, Brainless was pretty good. Not understanding the love for Evil Twin, thought it was OK. Rap God is still my fave by far.

Fave Eminem albums are still The Eminem Show (still know all the lyrics to White America after all these years) and Recovery, which I used to listen to all the time when it came out, can't really listen to it now since I'm not in the same state of mind.

interesting reading widely varied reactions. people seem to really like this, or really hate it. i think i'm falling into the latter category.

i think it's worse than relapse, and i thought recovery was a bit better than relapse.

i honestly do think some of the sing-songy choruses are embarrassing, his attempts at resurrecting his slim shady alter ego pretty garbage, and the 'pop' attempts (like the monster) not nearly as good as his pop attempts on recovery.

the kendrick track is alright, 'rap god' has cool flow but a terrible beat so i consider it more of a gimmick/album hype track rather than a legitimate track (like when he released 'i'm having a relapse' before relapse), and i think a lot of the rest of the record is quite poor. i'd give it 2/5 on first couple listens.

imo if you want slim shady back in full force, put on bad meets evil. this album is too conflicted over what it wants to be, and which persona wants to take dominance: marshall or slim. and it just ends up being less memorable than recovery if only because that record, for the most part, had a more decided tone, like or it hate it. he was burying shady with that and now he's trying a bit desperately to bring him back.

can't get over how much that awful yoda voice and sing-song chorus ruins a potentially cool track with "rhyme or reason."

Guest Len B'stard

i don't give a flying fuck what any reviewer, any fan, any fuckin' write up says, so far i'm up to Rap God, first listen and this is a 10 out of 10 album so far. Rap God specifically is the most amazing lyricism i have ever heard on any mainstream hip hop release, period, no fuckin' question, unless the rest of this album is like 0 out of 10 then this is an instant classic.

Thank Christ for Marshall Mathers, great living lyricist on the planet.

• Like 2

I prefer Yeezus, but this is pretty good, listening to Monster on repeat, which I hated a couple of days ago. Also listened to My Life from 50 Cent's album for the first time in ages, think he's in a race with Dre to see who can release their album last.

The Deluxe version of the album leaked...some of the songs are way better than what made the regular version.

Not sure why they didn't switch some of those out and make the regular album way better.

Baby, Beautiful Pain and Wicked Ways should've definitely made it on the regular version

Edited by Crazyman

Yeezus is shit compared to this. I'd rather have Rihanna and Nate Ruess over any kind of Chief Keef feature. Rap God eliminated anything on Yeezus when it came out. Kanye's lyricism on that album is pretty sub-par, which is unfortunate.

Edited by Zeppelin