Eminem - new album, "MMLP2", out Nov 5th

Estranged Reality

Favorite Song?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

Em's the only decent thing in popular music nowadays, Em and Noel Gallagher are the only people who are guaranteed my money on their new releases.

Your insane hype for the song left me disappointed when I got to hear it.

worthless beat under a 500 words a minute rap = No thanks.

If you actually listened to the lyrics your mind would be blown.

That's the beauty of this song. It takes about 10 listens to even get half of the things he's saying.

This has me hyped up for the album again. Survival and Berzerk were meh, this... is amazing.

Edit: It's being somewhat confirmed (Em's manager tweeted, then deleted; it's being listed on Amazon and other places) that MMLP 2 will be a double disc. ^_^

Edit 2: http://www.amazon.fr/The-Marshall-Mathers-Lp2-Eminem/dp/tracks/B00FKAA3MA/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

Edited by Crazyman

I resent all of you for leading me to believe "Rap God" was Shady recapturing his former glory.

He's trying desperately to be that angst-filled Marshall Mathers; but the content/beat is average.

Your insane hype for the song left me disappointed when I got to hear it.

worthless beat under a 500 words a minute rap = No thanks.

If you actually listened to the lyrics your mind would be blown.

That's the beauty of this song. It takes about 10 listens to even get half of the things he's saying.

I don't think I should need to listen to a song a million times to hear what's being said. Especially when I don't really like anything of the song in the first place.

It seems that that's just me though, so carry on.

I don't really understand all the "recapture" comments. Eminem's always been great lyrically, and this song is no different. He's never had to recapture any of that, really. I think Recovery made it pretty clear that there wasn't going to be anymore youthful angst in his music.

Recovery made it pretty clear that there wasn't going to be anymore youthful angst in his music.

So why announce a sequel to the MMLP? With songs like "Bezerk" he's blatantly contriving that drug/relationship-fulled angst.

It's just not buyable.

Why not? It doesn't mean it's going to be about the same shit. It could just represent a full-circle for him. Or it's just marketing. Either way, it's just not going to be the same angst, and Berzerk isn't even close to that. If he had released a song called Kim II and it had nothing to do with her, then I'd be quite skeptical of him trying to recapture some kind of mood.

If Axl names his next album Appetite For Destruction 2 or Use Your Illusion 3, would you expect it to sound the same as the 80s/early 90s? I highly doubt it. It's naive. It's either marketing, or it's representing some kind of growth, while still remembering where he's from.

There's nothing about Rap God that has angst. It's just Eminem claiming that he's back (once again) like he's always done. It's really nothing new, but it's impressive the way he does it.

Lol at people judging a lyrically amazing song for the fact that it doesn't have a catchy beat. Fuckin mygnr. :rofl-lol:

Dre wept.

If you don't have a good beat, you're automatically losing half the battle. It's a yin and yang thing.

Lol at people judging a lyrically amazing song for the fact that it doesn't have a catchy beat. Fuckin mygnr. :rofl-lol:

Dre wept.

If you don't have a good beat, you're automatically losing half the battle. It's a yin and yang thing.

+ The song is not lyrically amazing.

It's not just the beat, it's the flow and the tone of his voice among other stuff for me. Keep on circle wanking boys, I might join in later.

I did have the hook in my head when I woke up this morning, doesn't mean that much though.

Little gay looking boy

So gay I can barely say it with a straight face looking boy

While Recovery is certainly not Eminem's finest hour, it at least reflects the mature stage Shady is at in life. For a rapper, it was a somewhat poignant statement; an admission that he just isn't that naive boy anymore and is ready to move onto more pressing issues artistically.

Does the above lyric reflect that? As somebody else theorized, it's pure marketing.

Edited by NGOG

Little gay looking boy

While Recovery is certainly not Eminem's finest hour, it at least reflects the mature stage Shady is at in life. For a rapper, it was a somewhat poignant statement; an admission that he just isn't that naive boy anymore and is ready to move onto more pressing issues artistically.

Does the above lyric reflect that? As somebody else theorized, it's pure marketing.

He was dissing this song, brah.

Little gay looking boy

He was dissing this song, brah.

Didnt sound like dissin' to me, more like paying homage/respect