Eminem - new album, "MMLP2", out Nov 5th

Estranged Reality

Favorite Song?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm seeing a lot of speculation pointing to this being his last album.

That would be pretty interesting...

Also he has 4 of the top 12 selling songs right now, including the number 1: The Monster.

Regardless of the quality, this album is gonna be huge.

Edited by Crazyman

Much of this is excellent.

Stronger Than I Was might be the worst thing ever recorded.

haha i love when em sings so i'm biased towards that track, fuckin' great album though i was a little worried when i heard the singles but it doesn't disappoint, not on the level as MMLP but nothing could top that anyway

i liked his singing on some of the tracks he got shit for in the past (i always liked the proof tribute on recovery, people HATED that song but i liked it, i think it was called you're never over)...but man, this album basically has some of his worst tendencies in bad ways. the sing-songy choruses are at their most annoying. he ruins a potentially awesome track/sample on "rhyme or reason" with that truly awful singing chorus over top of the zombies sample.

he's back to the goofy voices which is understandable since it's a sequel to MMLP, but frankly it's just not working. (example, the yoda crap.) his voice has changed for starters, even when he's doing goofy voices now it just sounds like shouting, and as a 40-year-old man it's not quite as funny anymore and hearing him do a song rapping about his "daddy" causing all his life troubles is, well, fucking lame. he probably just shouldn't have bothered doing a sequel.

the rihanna track isn't nearly as memorable as "love the way you lie" which as much as it got overplayed was at least catchy.

kendrick track is alright, that's about it.

i only played through once so maybe on repeat listens more stuff will stand out but at this point i'd say this is actually weaker than recovery.

holy fuck the Evil Twin verses were insane, that's what i was waiting for

Great songs: So Much Better, Rap God, So Far, Love Game, Headlights, Evil Twin

Good songs: Asshole, Berzerk, Brainless, Bad Guy, Legacy

Okay songs: Survival, The Reason

Shit: Rhyme or Reason, Stronger Than I Was

I'd say the album is a solid 8ish out of 10. Definitely his best work since TES (though that isn't saying much). The only songs I really didn't like were The Monster (had potential), Rhyme or Reason (the yoda verse was so bad) and of course, Stronger Than I Was.

That might be a lot, but the good songs are REALLY good. I came in expecting something average, I came out with at least 3 new favorite songs.

I now officially like Berzerk btw.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1