Eminem - new album, "MMLP2", out Nov 5th

Estranged Reality

Favorite Song?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://soundcloud.com/shadyrecords/themonster

Part of me likes it, and part of me doesn't. I feel like the flow would sound a lot better on a "meaner" beat. Maybe it'll grow after a few listens.

Also, I'm tired of these Eminem songs with these female backing vocalist. The songs so far might be alright, but they don't deserve to be on a record titled "MMLP2".

People are shocked an Eminem/Rihanna song is terrible?

"Love The Way You Lie" was terrible. (Both versions)

He's just using her for radio airplay...but that song has no right being on an album called MMLP2

In fact, if 2000-era Eminem heard this, he'd think "WTF?!" :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

Rap God is fucking insane. He's so good that he makes that garbage beat sound good. Living legend. Bezerk is solid, too. I like all of these new songs.

Little gay looking boy
So gay I can barely say it with a straight face looking boy

While Recovery is certainly not Eminem's finest hour, it at least reflects the mature stage Shady is at in life. For a rapper, it was a somewhat poignant statement; an admission that he just isn't that naive boy anymore and is ready to move onto more pressing issues artistically.

Does the above lyric reflect that? As somebody else theorized, it's pure marketing.

He was dissing this song, brah.

Didnt sound like dissin' to me, more like paying homage/respect

Either dissing or paying respect to that era of hip-hop, it was definitely a reference and not meant for much word play.

Does anybody else find it sad that Eminem gave up drugs and started making music with Rihanna and Pink? He'll probably have a song with Justin Timberlake on his next album. The Real Slim Shady would think that the current Eminem is a total fucking hooray for tolerance!!

Edited by Randy Lahey

Of course it's sad, but you can't really expect him to be a drugged-out angry young man from the suburbs anymore. He's more of a brand now (Beats by Dr. Dre endorsement etc.) and that comes with certain responsibilities, he can't just go off and do whatever the fuck he wants no more. Add to that that he has to take care of three children now.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp

The whole Marshal Matther's LP 2 thing is nothing more than a cheap marketing ploy. The most desperate attention seeker I've seen in the last decade. You might as well call Barney's Magical Return Scarface 2 while you're at it.

Good for him for cleaning himself up, but his music has suffered a vasectomy since. It's neutered as all hell and he's long lost his piss and vinegar.

He should have just called it a day after Curtain Call.