Are you upset that you've supported a version of a band that is basically a joke for all these years?

Randy Lahey

I don't know if upset is the word I would use but it is definitely a bummer to see all the wasted potential.

Why would Axl fight for the GNR brand for so long just to end up being complacent touring songs of the past this whole time anyways?

This, 100%

Me too, mostly. But what's complacent to us might not be for Axl. Seems like for him, releasing CD and going back on tour were big things for him. To be honest, I'm surprised that he has toured this long.

TM is doing a show on Saturday and wants you to call in. He's also trying to get Axl on the show.

:lol:

He's freakin nuts.

I'll see about calling in, but it's not at the most convenient time. How about you? And BBA hopefully!

We'll see. I've been on his show 2 or 3 times. I'm hoping that yourself and BBA call in.

2002-2006 was great. Really wasnt too embarrassed until ashba was brought in. At least with bucket and finck there was some musical integrity. I went in 2012 with a huge og gnr fan, and ashba was just so cringeworthy. I was totally embarssssd. My buddy was like who the fuck is that dick? ( we had seen them in 2006) as well. I was like dude, don't even ask lol.

I don't know if upset is the word I would use but it is definitely a bummer to see all the wasted potential.

Why would Axl fight for the GNR brand for so long just to end up being complacent touring songs of the past this whole time anyways?

This, 100%

Agreed. The goings on of the past 5 years shows how empty Axl's "Guns" really were. Why fight so hard to keep something you'd just let die a slow and ugly death just a few short years later?

Sad doesn't even begin to cover it.

Edited by sofine11

Nah... I haven't spent a dime on this band since the day CD came out... And since then I've pissed away twenty bucks on something more useless - I can't think of anything offhand, but I'm sure I have. So not really. Embarrassed maybe, not upset.

Nope. I am very happy with the current players, with the album, and with the shows I have seen live. Everything has been great. That's how easy it is to look on the bright side of things, when you have a life and don't obsess.

it's also easy when you have no passion and settle for less.

Gee I wonder why the questions that were sent weren't treated seriously...they know this place is a shell of it's former shelf, with a minority of a minority of Adam Lanza like fans...every comment on here is so sad. You know what would help you guys out? Sunshine...

Gee I wonder why the questions that were sent weren't treated seriously...they know this place is a shell of it's former shelf, with a minority of a minority of Adam Lanza like fans...every comment on here is so sad. You know what would help you guys out? Sunshine...

lol yeah axl was gonna answer questions if everyone had a positive attitude ... that'd be waaaaaay more effort than he's willing to give, but keep on believing.

Nice try, Axl. :rofl-lol:

lol yeah axl was gonna answer questions if everyone had a positive attitude ... that'd be waaaaaay more effort than he's willing to give, but keep on believing.

I don't have to believe or not believe. I have a life, which GNR positively contributes to, because I don't make it the end all be all of my every waking moment. I take it for what it is...highly enjoyable and inspirational music, and fun performances when I am lucky enough to see them live. Nothing more and nothing less.

Yes but you liked them enough to make an account on a fan forum. I am guessing you don't do this with every band you enjoy.

Just this and The Doors, but for obvious reasons, I don't go to the Doors much. Listen, I'd love a new album just like everyone, but what's proactive about just shitting on a guy who clearly inspired you guys as well, just because he doesn't work on your schedule? Axl hasn't given a shit about anyone's feelings or timetable since 1985, and if you're a fan, you'e always known that...why do you expect more? He is who he is, and that's probably part of the reason we all began to like the guy in the first place, no?

Depends on what you mean by "support."

If you mean going to a fan-run forum and bitching all the time....nah, that's been fun. I've really enjoyed venting my frustrations over the years.

As for actual money I spent supporting the band? I bought CD when it was released and I think it's one of the last times I've paid for music. It was cool to finally be able to hold a physical product called "Chinese Democracy."

I saw the band four times between 2002 and 2012 and every show was better than the last. No regrets there.

No reason to be "upset" about shit. You are only upset if you set yourself up for it. I never expected ANYTHING from Axl. No shows OR new music, cause they guy proved over the decades that he's a fucking lunatic. The fact that he even left his house impressed me. And that I finally got to hear Estranged live again...that shit was priceless.

The only thing that legitmately upset me was the no-show at the HOF induction. Spineless and petty bullshit...no excuse for him to sit that out.

Depends on what you mean by "support."

If you mean going to a fan-run forum and bitching all the time....nah, that's been fun. I've really enjoyed venting my frustrations over the years.

As for actual money I spent supporting the band? I bought CD when it was released and I think it's one of the last times I've paid for music. It was cool to finally be able to hold a physical product called "Chinese Democracy."

I saw the band four times between 2002 and 2012 and every show was better than the last. No regrets there.

No reason to be "upset" about shit. You are only upset if you set yourself up for it. I never expected ANYTHING from Axl. No shows OR new music, cause they guy proved over the decades that he's a fucking lunatic. The fact that he even left his house impressed me. And that I finally got to hear Estranged live again...that shit was priceless.

The only thing that legitmately upset me was the no-show at the HOF induction. Spineless and petty bullshit...no excuse for him to sit that out.

We mostly park our cars in the same garage as far as everything you've said above, except the HOF stuff. True it would've been nice to see him, but they wanted to invalidate the entire concept of the GNR name post 1993; they wouldn't allow any of the new guys to even sit at Axl's table. To me, I was impressed by his loyalty. It's nice to see a guy who won't compromise in today's highly compromisable, sellout industry, at least for me.

Axl hasn't given a shit about anyone's feelings or timetable since 1985

That's just it though. It's not about a timetable anymore it's just ... done. I'm glad you like the shows. Personally, I last saw them in Tampa in 2006. I tried but missed getting tickets to Chicago - UCAP. Then almost bought tickets back in June for KC, but couldn't see paying what they're charging for this band. But shows are all there's gonna be from here on out. Won't be any new music or interviews from him.