Are you upset that you've supported a version of a band that is basically a joke for all these years?

Randy Lahey

Axl hasn't given a shit about anyone's feelings or timetable since 1985

That's just it though. It's not about a timetable anymore it's just ... done. I'm glad you like the shows. Personally, I last saw them in Tampa in 2006. I tried but missed getting tickets to Chicago - UCAP. Then almost bought tickets back in June for KC, but couldn't see paying what they're charging for this band. But shows are all there's gonna be from here on out. Won't be any new music or interviews from him.

See now you're getting pessimistic. I'm not saying we won't ever see an interview or an album...who would've thought we'd see either the Trunk or the Kimmel interviews? He might surprise us all, and I do believe he intends to release new music...but it's surely going to be on his timetable and his terms or nothing at all.

Was nuGuns doomed to fail? Maybe it was. I don't know.

I just remember reading about the House of Blues show in 2001 and just being so goddamn happy that Axl was finally BACK. All those years of silence. The world forgot about GNR but they always remained my favorite band.

Yeah, I would have rather seen Slash and Duff up there instead of Buckethead and Finck. But I was just happy to take what I could get and I even bought into the hype and was excited about and all new songs I could get.

And like the song says: "Time went by and it became a joke."

The public at large was much more reluctant to accept a GNR without Slash, and that was strike one against NuGuns. The second and fatal strike is just Axl himself....his shitty work ethic. Every problem the band has ever had comes down on Axl alone. If the fans finally seem like we've had enough and no longer give a shit, it's only cause Axl has had the same attitude for most of the last two decades.

I think Axl was excited in 2000. Then again in 2006. but then by the time the release it was just a trauma. But they got on the road in 09-10 and were kicking ass. They took the US pretty good. mission accomplished. Then it's been up and down. winding down. I guess now they are going on a hiatus. what a ride.

As big of a mystery as 2002 was, 2006 was even stranger. It's clear that Axl changed his mind in 2002 and didn't consider the album finished. We still don't know why, or exactly what happened in Philadelphia. But something was clearly wrong.

But in '06, the album was virtually finished by all accounts. Axl looked and sounded fantastic. He was out and about, presented an award on tv. His manager was excited about Chinese Democracy. He had to know 2002 cost him Buckethead, and this was a real opportunity to finally recover.

And he blew it again.

I don't understand the logic of this question. Since Slash left GNR has been a joke in many people's eyes. Why would I now suddenly be upset about it? I would never have started to follow this band, if I cared what other people think about the band.

I mean sure, Chinese Democracy is not exactly worth the wait, but it's still far better than 99% of music that's released these days. Why would I be upset that I appreciate good music? Hopefully they'll release a new record in the not too distant future. But if they don't, it's not the end of the world.

So did this band. The two main Chinese Democracy lead guitarists left years ago.

The people who wrote Chinese Democracy largely remain part of GNR. The only exception is Robin Finck who has in recent time fostered good relations with Axl.