More Likely in Axl's Next Lifetime - Reunion or CD2?

axlsalinger

We know that Axl has (at least in the past) experimented with regression therapy and believed in multiple past lives and some sort of reincarnation. He also does not appear interested in doing anything interesting with Guns n' Roses in this lifetime.

Which is more likely to happen in the next lifetime? A reunion or the release of CD2?

I'm actually going with reunion. When asked about one, Axl said "Not in this lifetime", thus leaving the door wide open for it to happen in the next lifetime. Whereas I think he is more likely to tinker with CD2 for at least 3 or 4 more lifetimes before considering a release.

I'd say album, although I think neither is likely. Unless he radically changes his approach to making albums, he'll be like 60 by the time the next one is released. And if a reunion hasn't happened yet in 20 years, its not gonna happen at all. Slash has too much going on and success to crawl back to Axl and Axl seems unwilling of a reunion without that happening.

I don't care about a reunion - unless that is the spark that will convince Axl to release new music.

This has been my opinion all along until the last couple of years ... but if Axl is only going to tour playing AFD and UYI songs then he may as well do it with the guys who wrote and recorded those songs, and make a helluva lot more money doing it.

• Like 1

Reunion will never happen. Too many factors involved.

Totaly new album with Nu GnR V2 I doubt will happen. Chinese Leftovers stands a better chance. I just think Axl doesn't feel the need to put anything out. Whether he's realised the music he wanted to make is now totally out of date and he missed the boat, or he doesnt need the pressure, or he got too badly burnt by the agro of CD - I don't know.

I do think the band are reaching a crucial crossroads, potentially one that defines the final 3rd of Axl's career. He either gets inspired to write and record and release fresh material, finds peace with touring increasingly smaller venues 'til retirement or he just packs it in, making sporidic festival appearances in S.America to top up the pension.

Its going to be interesting to see what way this story goes.

New music. We will eventually get something out of Axl. As to when, who knows. I think we have a better chance at 3 live blue rays, and 5 new albums of new music before we see a reunion. We will never see a reunion. That ship has sailed.

If slash died before everyone else it could happen... the other guys wouldnt agree to play without him alive and axl wouldnt agree to play with him alive or dead, i think hes made that pretty fuckin clear and hes not one to go back on his word

Only other way is if slash came crawling back on his hands n knees, which'll never fuckin happen either

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

I don't care about a reunion - unless that is the spark that will convince Axl to release new music.

This has been my opinion all along until the last couple of years ... but if Axl is only going to tour playing AFD and UYI songs then he may as well do it with the guys who wrote and recorded those songs, and make a helluva lot more money doing it.

But money is not the only factor for Axl. For him, it seems, being a part of a reunion will also discredit everything he worked on since the old band died. Like he caved in or something. He's got enough money to say 'not in this lifetime' and I believe he means it.

Plus, I don't think all he wants to do is tour AFD and UYI. He presents this band as more then a nostalgia act, but you can't really be more then that if you don't release any music.

I think he'll release 'CD ll' if only cause of what he said about how he always saw Chinese as a double. The question is 'when', not 'if' imo.

I agree money is not the motivating factor for Axl. But if you're not going to actually do anything with this incarnation of Guns n' Roses other than play 90% songs written and recorded with Slash / Duff / Izzy (and the other 10% songs written and recorded with Buckethead / Brain / Finck, who are also no longer in the band), why not make a helluva lot more money?

I am talking 100 or 200 years down the road anyway. Maybe being reincarnated as other people will soften the hatred down the line.

I agree money is not the motivating factor for Axl. But if you're not going to actually do anything with this incarnation of Guns n' Roses other than play 90% songs written and recorded with Slash / Duff / Izzy (and the other 10% songs written and recorded with Buckethead / Brain / Finck, who are also no longer in the band), why not make a helluva lot more money?

I am talking 100 or 200 years down the road anyway. Maybe being reincarnated as other people will soften the hatred down the line.

Because Axl probably doesn't think it's worth it. It's not worth it for him to do something he doesn't want to do just so he could get even more money. That's the price of selling out really: doing something you don't really want to do or believe in for money.

To prostitute myself, to live with fortune and shame. Probably what he really feels like these days too.

I respect the attempt at integrity, I really do. But the bottom line is that we all do things we don't want to do or believe in, for money. Seems like every tour he's ever done has been against his wishes in the end.

As far as the integrity of Guns n' Roses, this refusal to go back, or to go forward, has done nothing in the end but tarnish and disrespect the name. You're not treating your prized car with respect and in fact are ruining or wasting its potential, by always keeping it in neutral.

I respect the attempt at integrity, I really do. But the bottom line is that we all do things we don't want to do or believe in, for money. Seems like every tour he's ever done has been against his wishes in the end.

As far as the integrity of Guns n' Roses, this refusal to go back, or to go forward, has done nothing in the end but tarnish and disrespect the name. You're not treating your prized car with respect and in fact are ruining or wasting its potential, by always keeping it in neutral.

I don't think it's just an attempt. We all do shit we don't want to do, but most people also have principles and on top of that, a lot of people try to avoid doing things together with people they don't like from their past. (even hate)

It's a pretty normal thing really: Why would Axl want to spend time and work with someone that he doesn't like, or even respect?

And your remarks about the tours are not accurate. He seemed to be happy and in good spirits in this last tour and in general. (these past few years)

Also, I wouldn't say what Axl did post old Guns was keeping the car in neutral. He tried a bunch of moves, and most failed, but the album and the shows are a success to me, even if they're not enough. It's a fucking tragedy what happened with Axl, but he was in a pretty shitty place in his life and it took him a while to rebuild all that shit.

I can understand that on a human level, but musically to only get one album from him is quite sad to a fanatic like me. I forgot where I was going with this. Who am I replying to? Cool.

Hed still get criticized for what he didnt want to do.

People can always tell you how you can be a better version of yourself, but they don't know what it's like being you so how can they know if you're capable or if you even want to become that?

Still, gives some people so much pleasure to just tell you how much you suck at being you.

People can always tell you how you can be a better version of yourself, but they don't know what it's like being you so how can they know if you're capable or if you even want to become that?

Still, gives some people so much pleasure to just tell you how much you suck at being you.

You sound like you are him. The reunion is definitely not gonna happen, but its not hard to say most of the things Axl has done in the past 12 years have not been the smartest. Just because its Axl Rose and we aren't living his exact moments doesn't mean what he has done wasn't stupid or the wrong move.

You sound like you are him. The reunion is definitely not gonna happen, but its not hard to say most of the things Axl has done in the past 12 years have not been the smartest. Just because its Axl Rose and we aren't living his exact moments doesn't mean what he has done wasn't stupid or the wrong move.

Well damn. You sure came to a bunch of wrong conclusions there man. Just because you fail at something, doesn't mean the reason for it was because the choices themselves were dumb.

Other then that, it's like you didn't even read my post, and I don't know what you mean about me sounding like him. I said he fucked up many times and that what he was doing musically was not nearly enough, but the truth is we sometimes talk about a person we don't know like we know so much about him and we have this knowledge about what he should be doing but in the meantime we don't have a clue or any inside information or real insight about what is really happening.

I've said it a few times on here, what happened from 1996-2008 was completely ridiculous, and tragic, but Chinese Democracy became this massive weight on his shoulders and it took forever to get something out, and it wasn't necessarily all that well received, though the reviews were generally positive, at least to a certain extent, sales were good, not great, but not abysmal. It is what it is.

This is hard to believe really, but I think what's happened since then is actually even crazier. With CD off his back, he had lots of tracks in the vault and a great new band that was actually stable. And for 5 years he's done nothing but one long sporadic Chinese Democracy tour. It boggles one's mind ...

naw. axl's just got a persecution complex.

just because you have a complex doesn't mean you aren't persecuted.

But that's not the point. That aside, outside of a reunion, he's going to get criticized. So why not do what you want? Although I think the GNR name comes with expectations and he does seem aware of them.

"Take what you want and pay for it, or you'll get what you don't want and pay for that anyway"