2013 Review of Guns N' Roses so far

Gia

So what is you overall review of Guns N' Roses this year...

They played some interesting shows (Brooklyn Bowl, Governor's Ball, etc. )

A few songs were leaked out...

What is your review so far? Has this year given you more hope for the future of Guns n' Roses, or are you feeling more disappointment?

Edited by Gia

I remember people complaining of Axl and GNR in 05/06/07/08/09/10/11/12/ now 13. What I have learned is that no matter how active or silent the band is, there will always be people complaining on this forum.

I'm happy with a bunch of songs leaking for a while, I don't expect Axl to make updates every day to keep me entertained. If I get bored or frustrated I'll go find something else to do rather than it get me down. I come here to keep up with the banter, but people here make it really hard for me not to slit my wrists reading there depressive threads (not this one). :lol:

Edited by Axl_morris

I remember people complaining of Axl and GNR in 05/06/07/08/09/10/11/12/ now 13. What I have learned is that no matter how active or silent the band is, there will always be people complaining on this forum.

I'm happy with a bunch of songs leaking for a while, I don't expect Axl to make updates every day to keep me entertained. If I get bored or frustrated I'll go find something else to do rather than it get me down. I come here to keep up with the banter, but people here make it really hard for me not to slip my wrists reading there depressive threads (not this one). :lol:

I'll admit I was one of those people complaining in 2010, mostly due to the generic setlists on the Euro tour, but even then I still figured this band could have a future as long as Axl still had a good voice. Now there's just nothing.

Some good jokes were made of GNR on the forums.

There was the bowling alley show.

TB/Beta, the housekeeper-turned-surrogateMother+manager, made the stupid "complaints complaints complaints" remark.

Overall, I'd say this year deserves a decent, okayish 0/10 rating for GNR.

Well those leaks give a little hope that there will be a next album in the future (god knows when) and if you see the overall shows they played Axl looks more happy and in a better mood, so i think he can focus more on music now! I also think the band members are pretty tight together and have a good friendwise relationship!

Interesting places where they took the shows, doing the festival thing to pay the bills, Axl trying not to go on late anymore. The big problem with GNR going on late was that during the week, people can't take off the next day if they're playing Sunday-Thursday shows, so people opted not to go see them. They lost a lot of audience because of this.

The festivals open seeing the band up to an audience that would never pay to see them otherwise, but GNR had been having a pretty bad track record with festivals.

I think in about 2 years we'll get a new album or songs for download, but we'll see if and when they get the concert film out. I'm giving that until the end of the year before I'll go WTF, where is it?

If there's no new music. we're going to see co-headlining arena tours. Maybe a "rematch" with GNR and Metallica. Motley's pretty much done so scratch any "Get In The Ring" thoughts, but that would be a good way for Sixx: AM to do shows.

They might even do amphitheaters, but that could only happen if Axl does shows with no opening acts and goes on stage on time, and off stage before midnight, summer sheds have "neighbors" to deal with.

The leaks are just the stuff that Skwerl and MSL had talked about having. It's slowly becoming "news", but having it taken down makes the people who've heard it more curious to hear it, which brings people here looking for it.

seems like they are winding it down. The circus is leaving town.

It really feels like it might be the end. Or the beginning of a 5-10 year wait for a too-little-too-late letdown album like Van Halen's "A Different Kind Of Truth".

Well those leaks give a little hope that there will be a next album in the future (god knows when)

The only new song was a Chinese Democracy leftover, and even the band members have said they haven't gotten together to record yet.

I'm happy with a bunch of songs leaking for a while, I don't expect Axl to make updates every day to keep me entertained. If I get bored or frustrated I'll go find something else to do rather than it get me down. I come here to keep up with the banter, but people here make it really hard for me not to slit my wrists reading there depressive threads (not this one). :lol:

Dude - you know that for every person who comes here to complain, there are two people who worship and praise Axl's every move.........as well as guys who will really focus on the complainers. There could be 100 positive reviews of a show on here and one negative, and people on here will pull up that ONE negative review and respond with "oh jeez, always gotta be one complainer. Never happy."

No one expects Axl to make updates "every day"..........has anybody in the history of this forum ever suggested that? How about once every six months? How about a band's management or leader (Axl) making a real announcement to his MILLIONS of fans just a couple times a year? How long would it take Axl to FB or Twitter or even come to a forum and give a 3-4 sentence update to his fans? To do that 2-3 times a year would literally take him TEN MINUTES a year.

You just add to the drama by saying "updates every day" when nobody has ever said that.

You say you come here to keep up with the banter - while saying if you were bored or frustrated you'd find another band to go talk about....but then say the people on here make you want to slit your wrists. That sentence is a huge contradiction. I'm not being sarcastic here, I just really don't get your statement.

Sure, there are a couple cupcakes who come here - on BOTH sides. But the majority of us are huge Axl Rose fans, and we're just dissapointed in our favorite singer's lack of production and respect for his fans. People aren't depressed, they aren't contemplating suicide, they aren't angry and beating people up because of TB's horrid management skills or Axl's refusal to release music. THEY ARE COMING HERE TO CHAT with other GnR fans - just like you are.

And seriously, if you find topics depressing - simply don't read them!!!!!!!!! Problem solved!!!! I'm not even saying go to the band's official forum or to HTGTH where people aren't allowed to have opinions. I'm just suggesting that you don't read topics that don't interest you. Then you cure your problem!!!!

You seem like a decent enough fella. So please don't take offense to my post. I just think posts like yours, that over-exagerate things - really just add to all the drama that is already here. You are complaining..........about people complaining. IE: your kinda complaining about what you are doing.

why don't you go to htgth?

this forum has independent thinkers at least.

• Like 1

First half of the year, this forum reached an all time low. There were a few spot shows but for the most part the band remained quiet. August came and some new stuff leaked. Some good jokes were made on the forum as we discovered Paul Huge is possibly locked in Axl's vault with the CD leftovers. Rumors of a South American tour floated and a letter was sent to axl, but team brazil basically told fans that they hae no idea what's going on.