'Appetite for Democracy' DVD update

Guest NGOG

Yeah, but Led Zep's show was extremely hyped, and was a reunion of the original members and debuted in cinemas a couple years after the gig itself had received legendary status. I'm sure the GN'R movie will do better in certain countries and regions like South America but it's not gonna have that same level of hype or interest as Led Zep's did.

Never mind "Song Remains the Same", "Celebration Day" took ..... 5 YEARS, and it wasn't even in 3D, but that was a one off reunion show, this is more of a memento for people who went to see GNR in concert for the past decade, and you get pole dancers and a flying piano.

They should premiere it in Vegas, do the full red carpet and stream it, then do a surprise but short UCAP set after the movie, have an afterparty with Chris doing the music, and have everyone signing posters for the people who went. It would be cool if they brought the girls out and did some burlesque stuff before the movie, and just party until sunrise.

Not to be negative but I cannot see this selling in the slighest. I just cannot see who would buy it? The band tour so much (with the exact same show) that you have to ask, why would anyone even want a dvd of it? Even the eskimos have seen this show in the flesh, and, if you did want to see it again, they will probably be playing your local bowling alley next week.

Anyone care to make prediction about the opening week gross? I'm going to guess somewhere between 300 and 500 bucks

300 Million

Where is the face-palm icon when you need it.

If Slash, Duff and Izzy were in the band..........then it might do a couple million.

With DJ and Pitman in the band...........there are going to be a lot of quarter filled theatres.

Anyone care to make prediction about the opening week gross? I'm going to guess somewhere between 300 and 500 bucks

300 Million

If Slash, Duff and Izzy were in the band..........then it might do a couple million.

With DJ and Pitman in the band...........there are going to be a lot of quarter filled theatres.

lol Groghan getting butt hurt from a joke and can't even tell the difference between reality and sarcasm.

Go back to your hole dude.

I know every bitches about vocals and what not, but judging from youtube it's seems like this is going to be a good one.

His voice is really bad and has been crap since Rock in Rio 4, with very few exceptions.

Really bad? I think that's more of an opinion. I agree, anything before RiR4 was outstanding, and yes I will take 2010 over anything since, but he can still sing.

EDIT: might as well enjoy the youtubes in the mean time

Dont Cry

Edited by Axl_morris

300 Million

lol Groghan getting butt hurt from a joke and can't even tell the difference between reality and sarcasm.

Butt hurt and go back to your hole? Didn't being suspended teach you anything? How you get the juvenile term "butt hurt" out of a response that was respectful and directly related to your POST, without personal insults, is a little confusing. Butt hurt, whatever that means, is the last emotion that one of your posts would make me. I actually find your posts quite fascinating. To see a man of your age worship and idolize a 51-year-old rock singer........it's interesting to watch. Your Axl worship and constant personal attacks against me make me smile and laugh. I suppose I should thank you for that. You are fun to watch on here.

BUT AGAIN...........this forum is about Guns n Roses. Not about you and me. So how about we keep our topics focused on GNR and not on each other? I've asked you to do this several times, but for some reason you can't seem to make a post without mentioning me. It's a little weird. So Volcano...........Guns n Roses. If you want to chat about your feelings about me - send me a PM.

But yes, it's hard to tell the difference between reality and sarcasm in your posts. You are the guy who posted that you "came in your pants" the second you heard your idol Axl Rose was coming to Canada. And that DJ plays GnR songs better than Slash. And you thought that sailway, warchild's alter male ego, was the best poster on the forum! So yes, it is hard to tell when you are joking or being serious.

Edited by Groghan

300 Million

Butt hurt and go back to your hole? Didn't being suspended teach you anything? How you get the juvenile term "butt hurt" out of a response that was respectful and directly related to your POST, without personal insults, is a little confusing. Butt hurt, whatever that means, is the last emotion that one of your posts would make me. I actually find your posts quite fascinating. To see a man of your age worship and idolize a 51-year-old rock singer........it's interesting to watch. Your Axl worship and constant personal attacks against me make me smile and laugh. I suppose I should thank you for that. You are fun to watch on here.

BUT AGAIN...........this forum is about Guns n Roses. Not about you and me. So how about we keep our topics focused on GNR and not on each other? I've asked you to do this several times, but for some reason you can't seem to make a post without mentioning me. It's a little weird. So Volcano...........Guns n Roses. If you want to chat about your feelings about me - send me a PM.

But yes, it's hard to tell the difference between reality and sarcasm in your posts. You are the guy who posted that you "came in your pants" the second you heard your idol Axl Rose was coming to Canada. And that DJ plays GnR songs better than Slash. And you thought that sailway, warchild's alter male ego, was the best poster on the forum! So yes, it is hard to tell when you are joking or being serious.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

As MANY MANY posters noticed...you have WAAYYY too much time on your hands.

I find the idea of watching a gig at the cinema a bit weird. What's the etiquette? Do you remain seated? Dance in the aisles? Throw popcorn at the screen? Is singing along allowed or will you be told to shush?

I laughed but I've always wondered the same thing... Not sure I could just sit in silence like a normal film but I guess there would be people expecting others to do that

I know every bitches about vocals and what not, but judging from youtube it's seems like this is going to be a good one.

His voice is really bad and has been crap since Rock in Rio 4, with very few exceptions.

Really bad? I think that's more of an opinion. I agree, anything before RiR4 was outstanding, and yes I will take 2010 over anything since, but he can still sing.

EDIT: might as well enjoy the youtubes in the mean time

Dont Cry

As Axl supporters love to remind us, Youtube is not a good way to judge his voice. About being my opinion, you got that right, just my humble opinion. His voice is terrible, and Axl singing with no rasp is not real Axl, just a sad parody of himself.