'Appetite for Democracy' DVD update

Guest NGOG

Maybe one night in select theaters, definitely no DVD/Blu-ray

DVD/BLU ray and VIP editions are confirmed.

Well.... "confirmed" is subjective in this instance if you ask me. Honest to God, I'll believe this release is happening when I have the BD in my hands and not a second prior.

So how do people think that Metallica concert film's going to do? When Lars is saying he doesn't understand the storyline and they spent 20 million to make it because they decided to have car crashes and some apocalypse looking shit going on, could completely backfire on them harder than Lars and his stack of names he brought to Napster.

Concert films aren't a high priority with Universal when they make the big money with feature films, but they're still a priority. Maybe they had to wait on one of the publishers to sign off on GNR releasing the song on DVD and CD. The film would probably do okay in select cities, they're not putting it in thousands of theaters like Metallica are with theirs. I don't remember how many showings Celebration Day had when it came out, or how many theaters it was in, but that was a "long, highly anticipated" concert film, and they did their part to promote it. GNR did tons of shows and this is more like a souvenir from the tour. I'm sure Axl will do something to promote it - prob. go on Fallon if he's in NY and do a press interview, as will the rest of the band.

Red carpet for the redhead? Definitely maybe.

I don't see the point in this release since the leak of the DVD. I realise some people need it in HD with proper sound but frankly he sounds crap, Dolby 5.1 on Blu Ray ain't saving the performance.

This isn't at all related to the London pro shot that leaked earlier this year. That was a planned-for-TV special which was scrapped ( Except in Japan where it still aired). This is from the Vegas residency.

I don't see the point in this release since the leak of the DVD. I realise some people need it in HD with proper sound but frankly he sounds crap, Dolby 5.1 on Blu Ray ain't saving the performance.

This isn't at all related to the London pro shot that leaked earlier this year. That was a planned-for-TV special which was scrapped ( Except in Japan where it still aired). This is from the Vegas residency.

It aired in Japan? I was totally unaware.

I'll be happy if GNR outperform Bon Jovi. It's not really something you can predict. If GNR give it promotion and the planets align, maybe you'll get over 100k.

If GNR continue to ignore the project, it mightn't exceed 20K.

I am not a fan but Bon Jovi still fills arenas here in the U.S. so I highly doubt a NuGuns DVD will outsell a Bon Jovi release

Are you sure this aired in Japan? I would have thought there would have been a bootleg of this by now and I can't find anything on the Japanese boot vendor sites except this one and I am not sure if it is proshot.

http://www.giginjapan.com/guns-n-roses-appetite-democracy/

Are you sure this aired in Japan? I would have thought there would have been a bootleg of this by now and I can't find anything on the Japanese boot vendor sites except this one and I am not sure if it is proshot.

It says its the November 14 performance, not the 21

That's just a bootleg from other residency shows, not the one that's being released. The show on that CD was the Sirius Radio broadcast, the DVD is probably youtube rips of SOBs videos :lol:

That's just a bootleg from other residency shows, not the one that's being released. The show on that CD was the Sirius Radio broadcast, the DVD is probably youtube rips of SOBs videos :lol:

Thanks, that is why I am questioning if the official video was aired on Japanese TV as if it had I can almost guarantee you it would have been bootleged by a Japanese boot label by now and I have never seen on offered.......... :shrugs:

I'll be happy if GNR outperform Bon Jovi. It's not really something you can predict. If GNR give it promotion and the planets align, maybe you'll get over 100k.

I am not a fan but Bon Jovi still fills arenas here in the U.S. so I highly doubt a NuGuns DVD will outsell a Bon Jovi release

So does Guns N Roses. I saw them in two arenas and an outdoor venue in late 2011...place was full. Please try to use facts and not just assumptions, how's that?

So does Guns N Roses. I saw them in two arenas and an outdoor venue in late 2011...place was full. Please try to use facts and not just assumptions, how's that?

I followed the attendance from the last U.S. tour mate and they were barely filling 8K arenas here in the U.S for most of the tour.....in fact some arenas covered upper level seats with canvas so it would not look so empty so stop trying to push your propaganda..........if you think a NuGuns DVD release is going to sell big numbers you are dreaming...... that ship has sailed a long time ago.......

Edited by classicrawker