Is it possible to be a GN'R fan and not like Axl?

ITG

I've followed Guns N' Roses for a long time and after digesting everything I've kind of concluded I don't like Axl. I don't really like him as a musician, songwriter, etc. He just seems to be so unlikeable in so many ways that I just wouldn't want to be fan. Stealing the band name, attacking Slash, and making music I really don't like. His voice was interesting at one time but not much anymore to me. That being said, I do like the original Guns N' Roses. I also like Buckethead. I'm definitely a big Slash fan but I would have no problem forgetting about Axl and definitely don't want to see Slash reunite. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Axl is big part of GnR so it would be difficult for me to follow the band and not like Axl..Although Axl is one of the biggest assholes out there but also a good singer and has that charisma which I find appealing...It's a love and hate relationship to me :awesomeface:

Depends what you mean by "like".

It doesn't make sense that you would be a GNR fan but not like Axl's musical contribution because he contributes such a large part to it.

I guess you could be a fan of the band and not like Axl on a personal level - but, none of us even know Axl personally, so it's more of his public perception and behavior he makes public that one may not like.

• Like 1

To love him is to hate him and vise versa. We all know hes the king of the bastard assholes and some of us would like to kick his ass for letting GNR become this ....whatever this "band" is but at the same time..hes Axl and we care about what hes up to.

Personally, I love young Axl's voice and stagepresence.

But it's more, I love the old band as a whole, I don't really seperate them. It's just GNR to me, not Slash/Axl etc. So, I think you can indeed dislike Axl, but love the band.

Yes it is possible in many ways.

I've been following DJ because of Sixx A.M. and now I'm following GNR.

I haven't played any of the GNR songs for months already but these songs.

• Girl with the Golden Eyes
  • Van Nuys
  • Smile
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Heart Failure
  • Accidents Can Happen
  • Courtesy Call
  • .... and so on.

Having said above, Axl Rose grew on me. He's one in a million and to me he's the real deal.

Even though I don't like what axl has become, I still like following his latter years' misadventures. It's like watching him get his comeuppance for years of being a jerk. I wanted to see nugnr fail, but never in a million years did I expect it to be such a clusterfuck. This is like the tenth season of a hilarious reality show about an arrogant megalomaniac rock star getting his just desserts. Brilliant tragi-comedy. Ricky Gervais couldn't have played it better.

• Like 2

I don't look up to him as much as I used to when I became a fan in 2008.

Main reason being that I dislike the unprofessional and lazy way Axl handles his career. I can't make myself give a shit about his feuds with Slash or Activision or others, they're irrelevant. But doing the same tour for 3-4 years and never giving people any sign that he could have other future plans? Echh.

Love the music tho

Sure.

I like 80's and 90's axl. I like 2001/2002 axl. I like 2006/2007 axl. I like 2009/2010 axl. I hate 2011/2012/2013 lazy, fat, hat wearing, jacket wearing axl on 4/7 days.

It's to the point I like bumble more than axl. Some days I even like DJ over axl, and I usually like DJ the least.

Edited by liers

Even though I don't like what axl has become, I still like following his latter years' misadventures. It's like watching him get his comeuppance for years of being a jerk. I wanted to see nugnr fail, but never in a million years did I expect it to be such a clusterfuck. This is like the tenth season of a hilarious reality show about an arrogant megalomaniac rock star getting his just desserts. Brilliant tragi-comedy. Ricky Gervais couldn't have played it better.

So because 20 nerds visit a forum daily to make fun of Axl, you think he is getting adequate payback? Screw the fact that he is making a shitload of money giving sub-par performances, doing covers and nothing but the hits; as long as there are dorks on the internet to claim he is somehow failing, justice is served. Great logic.

• Like 2

So because 20 nerds visit a forum daily to make fun of Axl, you think he is getting adequate payback? Screw the fact that he is making a shitload of money giving sub-par performances, doing covers and nothing but the hits; as long as there are dorks on the internet to claim he is somehow failing, justice is served. Great logic.

Most people outside the forums see Axl and his band as a joke. If the original band stayed together they would probably be as big and respected as Metallica, U2, etc, still filling arenas and who knows, maybe even stadiums. There are less and less people each years who go to their shows.

• Like 1