Would you accept Richie Sambora as lead guitarist in GNR

gnfnrs1972

It's a good player,i'm not sure how would fit in Axl's band.

You've got a point there, I really can't see Sambora playing on Axl's band sharing the lead guitar with 2 other guys... It's actually kind of funny to think how many players Axl's band has in comparison to Bon Jovi - it's pretty much double as many! :lol:

How do you figure? Axl has said that Slash's negativity gave him writers block for years, and I tend to believe him considering there was an interview Slash did where he said he hates piano songs and how they suck.

I think you're twisting things a little. No he said that Slash told him he was an idiot and a loser (yeah right...), and Slash said he likes piano and it's cool but when it's used properly... or something like that.

I wish I could find the interview to post here, but unfortunately I can't. I'm not twisting anything though, just paraphrasing, Slash said he didn't like piano songs, but that some of them, like November Rain, were OK.

The way he said that last part, and his body language, left me thinking there's truth behind what Axl has said about him.

Listen, I'm not a Slash hater, I like and respect him and his music. But I don't think he was a saint in all this. I'm sure he's been a tool to Axl, as sure as I am that Axl was a tool to him.

And I'm sure Slash inspired Axl at some point, but toward the end, one of the things that broke these guys up was artistic differences.

I'm sure he wasn't a saint but I'm also sure Slash never had the "courage" to tell Axl is an idiot and a loser, it's just a lie from Axl.

Awesome shit from Sambora...the man's really talented and can pretty much do it all: play guitar, write great riffs & sing. He's probably just too good to be in Axl's band to be honest...

But LOL at this comment (and ratings...) on youtube. Slash eats Sambora for breakfast, he's on another league imo.

Joe The Schmoe Há 2 anos

Who thinks he's better than Slash???!!!

Responder · 194 pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gifpixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
Edited by trqster

Yeah. Sambora is in another league. Slash is so bad compared to him that is not even a fair dispute. Sambora is a full musician, a great singer and one of the best bluesy guitarists out there. I think it's unfair to compare Slash to Buckethead and Bumblefoot, because they play different styles, but Sambora and Slash are boht bluesy musicians, and Sambora is way superior.

Edited by ManetsBR

I would rather have Ron, Dj, and Fortus. Bon Jovi has too much of a country generic sound to it.

And FYI, this is coming from someone who follows Bon Jovi's band and likes there music... But it's too generic for GnR.

Edited by liers

Good guitarist but I doubt he could offer anything that any of the current guys couldn't.

Yeah, I agree. I think Richie needs to take care of some personal issues. But I really don't see him in GNR.

But you guys think that DJ offers a lot musically?

Even if you don't like it, there's still million's (including me) who do. Sure, a lot of their stuff post Crush has been pop/rock crap, but to say their 90's alums are bad is ridiculous.

From what I can tell their 90s albums are universally considered to be mediocre. Average reviews of 3 stars and all that. :shrugs:

I listened to "These Days" once and it was fucking shit.

I've never listened to These Days, but I've seen Bon Jovi fans refer to it as their favorite.

Even if you don't like it, there's still million's (including me) who do. Sure, a lot of their stuff post Crush has been pop/rock crap, but to say their 90's alums are bad is ridiculous.

From what I can tell their 90s albums are universally considered to be mediocre. Average reviews of 3 stars and all that. :shrugs:

I listened to "These Days" once and it was fucking shit.

I've never listened to These Days, but I've seen Bon Jovi fans refer to it as their favorite.

You should check out the entire album. Their best one, imo.

There are musicians, then there are musicians that you attribute to certain bands.

Richie Sambora would in no way guitar for Guns N' Roses or be accepted in that role, in the same way that, for instance, Bruce Dickinson would be vocals for Bon Jovi.

These artists would set up new bands if they left, as Richie Sambora and Bruce Dickinson have done historically.

Is that the one with Keep the Faith?

I can see Axl going Bruce Springsteen on the next record.

No, These Days came out 3 years after Keep the Faith, in 95. The singles were This Ain't a Love Song and Something for the Pain.

These Days really is their best, lyrically and musically. Idk why the critics shit on it, but I suspect it might be personal. JBJ comes across as an egotist.