Comedy Central Roast of Axl Rose

Locke

Is Sharon a big fan of Axl or does she know him quite well? Just strange out of all the guys she could mention she picks Axl!

I imagine it's because Axl out of all the possibles would be expected to be the most likely to lose it.

haha very true! I find all the Roast episodes to be cringeworthy more than funny. The only person that didn't get embarrassed too was Joan Rivers!

I thought the Charlie Sheen Roast was great but they certainly didn't pull any punches. There'd simply be too much off the agenda if Axl was to agree so it'd be missing the point entirely.

Is Sharon a big fan of Axl or does she know him quite well? Just strange out of all the guys she could mention she picks Axl!

I imagine it's because Axl out of all the possibles would be expected to be the most likely to lose it.

haha very true! I find all the Roast episodes to be cringeworthy more than funny. The only person that didn't get embarrassed too was Joan Rivers!

I thought the Charlie Sheen Roast was great but they certainly didn't pull any punches. There'd simply be too much off the agenda if Axl was to agree so it'd be missing the point entirely.

The roast is way to extreme for Axl but he could still do normal interviews but the only thing we can expect to see him on is TMS sometime again and they probably won't be for ages!

It'll never happen. People making jokes about widely held misconceptions would be irritating.

What misconceptions are they then? You saying there's nothing in Axl's past that he'd rather people didn't mention?

Well first off maybe I wasn't clear, but I didn't say anything along the lines of "there's nothing in his past that he'd rather they didn't mention", so I dunno where you got that from.

But there are misconceptions out there- I'm not going to list them one by one, but the point is by having a roast where people are going to goof on Axl, some of those misconceptions will implicitly be reinforced.

Too bad noone gives a fuck about her bitch ass and her failure loser druggy husband.

I hate Sharon Osbourne (who eggs Bruce Dickinson?), but Ozzy's awesome and one of the most successful men on the planet.

She killed Randy Rhodes.

Doesn't she have cancer?

Edited by BirdCatcher

Too bad noone gives a fuck about her bitch ass and her failure loser druggy husband.

I hate Sharon Osbourne (who eggs Bruce Dickinson?), but Ozzy's awesome and one of the most successful men on the planet.

She killed Randy Rhodes.

Doesn't she have cancer?

She didn't kill Randy,he and a few others thought it would be hilarious to buzz Ozzy's tour bus,turned out to be a bad fucking idea.

Don't spread rumors like this,whether you personally like the person or not.

She did have a form of cancer,but was successful in treating it.

It'll never happen. People making jokes about widely held misconceptions would be irritating.

What misconceptions are they then? You saying there's nothing in Axl's past that he'd rather people didn't mention?

Well first off maybe I wasn't clear, but I didn't say anything along the lines of "there's nothing in his past that he'd rather they didn't mention", so I dunno where you got that from.

But there are misconceptions out there- I'm not going to list them one by one, but the point is by having a roast where people are going to goof on Axl, some of those misconceptions will implicitly be reinforced.

Agreed,the "roasts" I have glanced at are based on people attempting to be amusing while pulling half-truths and outright lies out of their respective asses.Also a bit mean-spirited under the surface.

She killed Randy Rhodes.

Doesn't she have cancer?

She didn't kill Randy,he and a few others thought it would be hilarious to buzz Ozzy's tour bus,turned out to be a bad fucking idea.

I sorry. She did bang randy though

She killed Randy Rhodes.

Doesn't she have cancer?

Sure,you were there,you have pictures-whatever.

I don't like aspects of her personality,and Ozzy is totally pussywhipped,but she did ressurect his career post-Sabbath firing him.

I don't see a roast as a positive thing at all.

She killed Randy Rhodes.

Doesn't she have cancer?

And she caught Ozzy in bed with a lot of groupies, plus it was before they were married.

She killed Randy Rhodes.

Doesn't she have cancer?

And she caught Ozzy in bed with a lot of groupies, plus it was before they were married.

Was this before or after the Alamo Pissing,and the bat n' dove biting?

That's the point. they are meant to be over the top, mean, and extremely inappropriate.

Thats what makes it entertaining. Axl would never do it, although it would be the best one ever, IMO.

It is kind of a sick and twisted way to honor someone but you just gotta watch.

Like the way people rubberneck at highway accidents.

I don't have issues with things being considered sick n' twisted because they are controversial,or out of the norm,but I cannot envision what jollies people get by virtually attacking each other,over what can be emotionally charged issues.

Maybe I need thicker skull and skin to appreciate the finer points of roasts. :shrugs: