Axl says "nothing physical" to Halestorm.

axlskAmpf

I don't like Hailstorm and I hate their version of Out to Get me.

Since all the original members wrote this song, I guess anyone of them could have given this band approval.

I think it was a big mistake. I hate her voice and she screws up the song big time.

Since all the original members wrote this song, I guess anyone of them could have given this band approval.

I think it was a big mistake. I hate her voice and she screws up the song big time.

Agreed.

She performed with Slash, so she is clearly evil and should be destroyed.

Let's start flaming her via twitter, facebook, instagram, email, etc.

We must all hate anything/anybody associated with Slash!!!!!!!!!!

But in real people's world, how do hard rock fans not like Halestorm? They are one of the few younger bands that I'd actually pay to go watch perform. These guys would have fit perfectly in the 1987-1992 hard rock world of GnR, VH, Crue, etc. And one of the few bands that still plays that type of music.

Dude that's one of the reasons I have mixed emotions, lol. I mean she sings it great, sure, but of the entire illustrious catalog you pick that? It's right up there with having an entire Judas Priest catalog and picking "Dissident Aggressor"! Imagine a band doing that! ...

sigh

I knew Lzzy when she was a kid starting out, so I'm a die hard supporter regardless, but man some of these choices.

OTGM is one of the best songs on AFD, imo

at least it's not a cheesy ballad and NOT a filler (that many of you OTGM haters consider)

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 1

Original Post was really hard to read. ... or is it just me?

Anyways, doing covers of songs on albums, EP, LPs etc, has often baffled me (regarding the legality of it). Some folk seem to think you have to get permission from the owner (or band for arguments sake), but from my limited experience there are organisations that protect the artists. In my home country I can record whatever cover I want for sale on any media, I let said organisation know, and they sort out the legalities / fees on my behalf.

Friend of mines band included a Neil Young cover on their album. No permission was required from Neil himself, or approval of the version, just a need said organisation to know it existed and pay them.

Is something different with GnR?

I'm going to see them open for alter bridge in a few weeks. They are one of those bands that could have made it big, there just in the wrong era.

i saw them with slash, they are entertaining to watch.

i'm not so sure its purely Axl who laid this rule out, like this media spin is trying to tell us. This is typical media blaming one man... Axl with his millions of dollars would have it suggested by lawyers and record label executives what the right approach is for letting songs be recorded.

I also think it depends on the song. Paradise city is an obvious GNR song... an unreleased album filler like Out to get me, 25 years later could be mistaken as an original Halestorm song to younger fans.

Edited by Axl_morris

I'm going to see them open for alter bridge in a few weeks. They are one of those bands that could have made it big, there just in the wrong era.

i saw them with slash, they are entertaining to watch.

i'm not so sure its purely Axl who laid this rule out, like this media spin is trying to tell us. This is typical media blaming one man... Axl with his millions of dollars would have it suggested by lawyers and record label executives what the right approach is for letting songs be recorded.

I also think it depends on the song. Paradise city is an obvious GNR song... an unreleased album filler like Out to get me, 25 years later could be mistaken as an original Halestorm song to younger fans.

Man I'm jealous you're seeing alter bridge. I love those guys (and not because Slash is with Myles). They aren't touring the states though...

This. I hate it too. The band is too soft, she sounds like she tries too hard to sound hard and she sounds more manly than Axl.
  • Like 1

As to the legal ramifications question it looks like Amazon has it for sale on MP3 only, while the new one is avail on CD. I can't seem to locate the 2011 cd for sale easily, your answer may lie right there.

As to "Out ta get Me" being a great choice to each his own. I can name 20 far better crafted tunes, leaving all ballads aside if need be.

As to my original post being hard to read maybe you meant the white quoted part, it pasted funny and staid white, so I left it that way instead of wrapping it in a quote. If you mean my English I'm well spoken, speak for a living, should be pretty fu%$in' proper! I was sober and everything when I wrote it too, just reread, still reads fine.

This. I hate it too. The band is too soft, she sounds like she tries too hard to sound hard and she sounds more manly than Axl.

Except that is how she has always sang. She isn't "trying" to sing too hard or compete with anybody. She is a female who sings hard rock.

Turn-it-up - great point. Axl has always done covers, heck, they even put out an ENTIRE cover's album. And now on tour they always do several covers every concert.

Like I said, seems weird to me that GnR fans or fans of hard rock wouldn't like Halestorm. She is a great singer and the band does it all. Hard rock, fun songs, ballads. I'd take Halestorm over Avenged or Buckcherry or any of those bands any day of the week. And on that note, I think I'll go listen to Here's To Us right now.

She is a female who sings hard rock.

And that right there is what the majority have a problem with.

Who the hell shits on Lzzy's voice? That's the single strongest aspect of the band.

This. The sheer power is amazing. And she makes it look easy too.

Anybody who thinks like that is an idiot. I do think she has one of the best female hardrock voices I've ever heard. Edited by username

Who the hell shits on Lzzy's voice? That's the single strongest aspect of the band.

This. The sheer power is amazing. And she makes it look easy too.

Anybody who thinks like that is an idiot. I do think she has one of the best female hardrock voices I've ever heard.

She struggles with the ''chick in rock'' thing all the time, even talks of it a lot, as yeah many think this way. She knows it, though, understands that...and is actually ok with it. Like her or not she at least sticks to her roots of real rock in a pop / hip hop world. Yeah her voice is the standout in the band, AreJays sick drumming 2nd, and some songs are really well written and catchy. She writes, or at least co writes, them all on the new full album. (big props there) So let me say though I am not a fan of all her song choices to cover she is great, and a lovely gal. Really though, one of he nicest ones you'll ever meet, and that's easy if you are so inclined by going to a show. They still meet and greet, good people.

She struggles with the ''chick in rock'' thing all the time, even talks of it a lot, as yeah many think this way. She knows it, though, understands that...and is actually ok with it. Like her or not she at least sticks to her roots of real rock in a pop / hip hop world. Yeah her voice is the standout in the band, AreJays sick drumming 2nd, and some songs are really well written and catchy. She writes, or at least co writes, them all on the new full album. (big props there) So let me say though I am not a fan of all her song choices to cover she is great, and a lovely gal. Really though, one of he nicest ones you'll ever meet, and that's easy if you are so inclined by going to a show. They still meet and greet, good people.

Don't get me wrong - I love her. ;) I love their work too. Some of my favorite music to work out to. Plus everybody who likes rock music today should be able to relate to Rock Show and feel all nostalgic. :) Saw them open for Slash and Myles last year and Lzzy has more balls than most male rockstars out there today. I know a lot of people can't handle the chicks in rock part, but she just kicks ass.
  • Like 2

Don't get me wrong - I love her. ;) I love their work too. Some of my favorite music to work out to. Plus everybody who likes rock music today should be able to relate to Rock Show and feel all nostalgic. :) Saw them open for Slash and Myles last year and Lzzy has more balls than most male rockstars out there today. I know a lot of people can't handle the chicks in rock part, but she just kicks ass.

No I hear ya, and know what you mean about the nostalgia thing, she has a lot of that die hard 80's thing happening for sure! She's a fan, and here's a cool story to show a bit of her pull in the biz. She always loved Cinderella, Tom Keifer in particular. She plays Atlantic City Hard Rock, next Day headlines the big fair in her Hometown of York PA. (This may sound like "The Rose" but fear not, we're not going there) So for the night before, as a warm up perhaps, and for that next nights show who does she pull out to open for her and join her on stage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSQwtV7bi5o

This warmed my heart more than the Grammy win, I think it meant as much to her too, lol. I mean unlike the way they don't televise the rock awards at the Grammy's now, all pre gala, at least people saw this!