Any known sessions/demos from 1993 to 1996?

Michir

The beginning and end of Slash and Axl involved arguing over a tape...

I know in Weiland's book, he said Slash, Duff, and Matt gave him something that sounded like "Bad Company music", and I'm wondering if those were some of the same songs Axl rejected. I'm sure by now, Slash put all those songs out from the mid 90s on different albums.

If there are any known recordings featuring Axl, they are harder to find than proof of who killed JFK.

All accounts from the old band members as well as "new" members like Zakk Wylde said that there was tons of "jamming" and insturmentals but never any vocals laid down.

Same with the first several years worth of CD sessions.

I can't imagine there's a lot to be honest. The "lost" GN'R album people go on about would of been a lot of the 95 Snakepit album, which Axl refused for Guns material.

Axl wasn't the only one who rejected it. Duff did too. Slash was obstinate and didn't want any input or alterations. Then before anything could be hashed out, he cranked out that album, much to Axl's surprise.

Axl, Tobias, sorum, duff, and dizzy were supposed to release an album around 96/97 even though slash left, but duff and Matt left before it was done.... So my guess is it just was devices the new band would start from scratch.

I think it was mentioned in a duff or Matt interview... But even though they planned to release an album doesn't mean the had stuff recorded.

Axl, Tobias, sorum, duff, and dizzy were supposed to release an album around 96/97 even though slash left, but duff and Matt left before it was done.... So my guess is it just was devices the new band would start from scratch.

I think it was mentioned in a duff or Matt interview... But even though they planned to release an album doesn't mean the had stuff recorded.

I guess Robin would have been on it as well, since he was in the band (very briefly) before Duff and Matt left (Matt introduced Axl to Finck).

One example of what could have been a great 'back to the roots' Gn'R song from Slash....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pdsmwQUPUg

Ain't Life Grand is a phenomenal album from front to back. The only thing that could make it better was if it was a GNR album, and it would possibly be better than Appetite IMO. Not nearly as influential, but it would maybe be the most solid album they had ever released. It gets some sort of notch down from people because its "just a Slash record" but its easily the best thing he's done on his own and I don't ever talk it down like that. A solid album is a solid album no matter who records it, and that album has everything.

I've always thought 5 O Clock somewhere is mostly good, occasionally great. It does seem a tad "samey" at times and a bit indulgent. Overall it is a very good record, and I do believe that with Axl and Duff's input it would have gone from good to great. Slash had a killer album here, but because he ended up taking the reins on everything, I do think he missed over chances to fine tune some of the songs and make it a more compact release. At times it feels like things aimlessly go on tangents and with GNR help I don't think that would have happened.

Been There Lately is still my favorite Snakepit track, and if GNR were to reunite, I would want them to play this so I can hear how Axl sings these just as I would want to hear them play Chinese Democracy to see how Slash would tackle that. When you hear these separate efforts, it becomes more obvious the strength they had with collaboration. But now we've stepped into my own dreams and out of reality. Its sad none of what I listed will actually ever happen though as it would be truly great.

There was a hoax a couple of years ago about a lost Guns N' Roses album called Gardens City. I've made enough research on this topic to assure that such album never existed in any form.

Ha, I'm calling out SoFine for helping to perpetuate that one.

They're real, I tell ya! :lol:

• Like 1

There was a hoax a couple of years ago about a lost Guns N' Roses album called Gardens City. I've made enough research on this topic to assure that such album never existed in any form.

What?

Gardens City is not real. There isn't anything indicating it's existance. Actually, until around a couple of years ago, it had never even been mentioned. There are no evidences apart from some talk here, some talk there, but nothing like interviews, leaked song titles, studio records, nothing. It's a hoax, like the VMA 2002 rehearsal featuring The General. Absolutely bullshit.

What?

Gardens City is not real. There isn't anything indicating it's existance. Actually, until around a couple of years ago, it had never even been mentioned. There are no evidences apart from some talk here, some talk there, but nothing like interviews, leaked song titles, studio records, nothing. It's a hoax, like the VMA 2002 rehearsal featuring The General. Absolutely bullshit.

Manets, I'm pretty sure you were the only one who fell for that one back in 2010, God love ya.

What?

Manets, I'm pretty sure you were the only one who fell for that one back in 2010, God love ya.

Haha I remember Miser made a separate thread in the midst of the discussion about it, which was taking place in a separate thread. Well played, SoFine haha.

Is Miser still on read-only or did he leave permanently? I hope it's just the former.