BBF Nightrain Chat Discussion

wasted

Imagine the reaction on any other band forum if a similar chat went down.

I imagine there would be a great deal of confusion and many statements along the lines of "Well what the fuck was the point of that."

Here, however, all we can do is say "Welp, that was about right." and slap posters on the wrist who expected anyone not named Axl Rose to have any knowledge whatsoever about future GNR plans.

Legally speaking - given that the Bumblefoot chat was explicitly billed as 'exclusive' - Nightrain memberships have been sold under false premises.

If anybody cared enough they could probably take legal action against GNR.

Really?

If you were sad enough, yes. GNR management pushed an advertisement campaign billing a Bumblefoot chat as part of buying Nightrain membership.

I'm quite sure there were people who purchased Nightrain under the premise of an exclusive chat.

Have you learned nothing? Lol. Keep waiting for that beach towel, baby. I'm sure AxlBeta will pay all the dividends you are owed.

Sorry? I have never purchased Nightrain membership.

At present, all Nightrain represents is a sanctuary for people who need purpose in their lives. They have an inherent need to be part of something.

All I'm interested in is music -- not those silly material things with the GNR logo on it.

So nobody asked "what the fuck am I paying for if I can'y get any info not already availableon the net?"

Yeah, this chat seemed like a collassal scam. This was the main selling point for Nightrain....And it was utterly pointless and devoid of any interesting information.

I'm guessing it was a farce like everything else the band does?

It was fine. Bumble chatted, talked a little, played a lot of requests once all the questions had been answered. Exactly what people should have been expecting... :shrugs:

We all also got to tune in and ask questions for free so that was nice.

damn I missed it, is gnr the only band that gets trolled when they do stuff like this? I mean if joe perry did a chat would there be goons in there pulling that crap? is that just how it is or are gnr fans "special"?

Well. When you have a band that abuses its fans for over 15 yrs like gnr has, that's what u get

Did he give any info on?

Songs on the next album

Progress of a new album

Progress of DVD

When band is touring next

No, and hopefully no one expected Bumblefoot to be privy to such information.

Oh, sorry.

I thought he was there speaking as the guitar player of Guns n Roses.....on a Guns n Roses forum that you had to pay to be part of.

So he was there to promote his solo artist career?

Surely we all know by now that he either doesn't know shit about what happens in GN'R or aren't interested in telling.

it's sooo funny..

People want BF to talk, but he is not allowed to. Sure he can talk, but only about things people want him to talk about. It's all a bit of a joke really. BF should just stop talking to GN'R fans, as all GN'R fans are interested in is GN'R, not BF. Maybe BF just likes the attention?

"Buy a Nightrain package in order to access an exclusive Bumblefoot chat"

Written between the lines "it's officially ran by GNR, maybe there'll be more leeway to discuss GNR"

Reality: the link dispatched to actual Nightrain members doesn't work, anybody can access the stream, the chat was destroyed with spam and to top it all off - GNR fans, who forked out a fee hoping this concept had vastly improved since the previous farce, get a fucking chord from one unheard song.

It's official, GNR management can't do anything right when it comes to the modern day logistics of the industry.

• Like 2

it's sooo funny..

People want BF to talk, but he is not allowed to. Sure he can talk, but only about things people want him to talk about. It's all a bit of a joke really. BF should just stop talking to GN'R fans, as all GN'R fans are interested in is GN'R, not BF. Maybe BF just likes the attention?

Why should he stop talking to us when people had a great time at the chat yesterday? I knew he wasn't going to reveal anything yet I joined the chat and was pleased enough after it, because it is always fascinating to watch how he can play anything and because he is a great guy (and despite all the spamming of the chat).

It's official, GNR management can't do anything right when it comes to the modern day logistics of the industry.

I'll blame the sub-contractor in this case (grondControl, or whatever those amateurs are called) for not moderating the stuff and for failing to set it up so it was exclusive to Nightrain. Yeah, I know that ultimately it's the band/management who is responsible and especially since they haven't booted these guys about 10 minutes after the launch of Nightrain.

I'll blame the sub-contractor in this case (grondControl, or whatever those amateurs are called) for not moderating the stuff and for failing to set it up so it was exclusive to Nightrain. Yeah, I know that ultimately it's the band/management who is responsible and especially since they haven't booted these guys about 10 minutes after the launch of Nightrain.

Fair point.

There seems to be some sort of marriage of convenience there though. Meaning it is unlikely to change.

I'm absolutely shocked that there's no news from the chat!!! really ;)

Anyone expecting that chat to give you real insight into GnR has way! bigger problems that GnR not releasing new music. I'm sure the chat was a bit of a laugh but not much else.

So nobody asked "what the fuck am I paying for if I can'y get any info not already availableon the net?"

Yeah, this chat seemed like a collassal scam. This was the main selling point for Nightrain....And it was utterly pointless and devoid of any interesting information.

The irony is that fans of the nuband seem to have taken to the whole myth that slash is the sell-out money whore -- when in actuality, it would seem axl and gnr are the cash whores who rip off their fans

Was Ron verified to be the one responding? Some could have paid thinking it was Ron but instead it was Slash. Perla made him do it.

It sure looked like him. He also played things Slash would never even dream of doing.

Oh good, so you could actually see him. Was he ( Ron) at his house?

Was Ron verified to be the one responding? Some could have paid thinking it was Ron but instead it was Slash. Perla made him do it.

It sure looked like him. He also played things Slash would never even dream of doing.

Oh good, so you could actually see him. Was he ( Ron) at his house?

I don't know where he was, actually, he might have said it.

I would ask Ron what the benefits are to remaining in GNR

Isn't that obvious? Earning money, exposure, time to work on other projects, travelling the world, being part of history by being a recording member of GN'R.

I would ask Ron "Is it frustrating to work with Axl?"

Bumblefoot: It's a pleasure making music with him, a lot of good times. [The Telegraph Calcutta, June 2013].

Bumblefoot: We’ve had plenty of fun times, some tough times in the trenches, but it’s all good [The Gown, July 2010]

I think we can read between the lines and conclude that, yeah, occasionally it is. And does that surprise us?

The irony is that fans of the nuband seem to have taken to the whole myth that slash is the sell-out money whore -- when in actuality, it would seem axl and gnr are the cash whores who rip off their fans

Great point.

The band is charging people to be a part of its fanclub and to have the ability to "chat" with band members (but the band members can't answer actual questions about the band).

Hilarious.

I would ask Ron what the benefits are to remaining in GNR

Isn't that obvious? Earning money, exposure, time to work on other projects, travelling the world, being part of history by being a recording member of GN'R.

I would ask Ron "Is it frustrating to work with Axl?"

Bumblefoot: It's a pleasure making music with him, a lot of good times. [The Telegraph Calcutta, June 2013].

Bumblefoot: We’ve had plenty of fun times, some tough times in the trenches, but it’s all good [The Gown, July 2010]

I think we can read between the lines and conclude that, yeah, occasionally it is. And does that surprise us?

Ok, but I would also ask him to actually be honest ;)

He's a cool dude, I like Bumblefoot a lot. And he's obviously a great guitar player.

But they simply have to record and release some music. This is not rocket science, and he has been in the band already for seven years.

SEVEN. FUCKING. YEARS.

Maybe they should re-work the lyrics of Seven to be about how ridiculous it is to be in this band.