SLASH On Possibility Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'If It Happens One Day, It Happens'

Guest NGOG

It should be noted that two (or three) very specific people have devolved their rhetoric into pretty much just insulting the quality of Slash's music instead of arguing a real point. That tells you all you need to know about their "logical argumention"

Slash cant stand to be out of the spotlight so he goes on Larry King fifty times and talks about the same pointless fodder. I don't care how many times he goes on TV, it's not going to make his music or his boyfriend Myles any more enjoyable to listen to.

Insert Slash nutswinger comments below this point. __

It is called promoting your music mate...you know, it is what every musician except Axl does when they make a new record?..............but come to think of it Axl gets a pass as he does not make any new music to promote... :lol:

And as far as you liking Slash's music if any Slash fan is smart they really should not a give shit what you haters think of Slash's music and won't get into useless Slash vs. Axl debate with you over it.... ;)

Pretty much, I can't believe how some people are trying to spin it. But for some people you can throw logic out there but you can't force them to grab it Edited by WhazUp

It was a cupcake topic to begin with.

A Slash interview on Larry King is considered trolling? :blink:

Was he asked scripted questions about Halloween trees or something?

Yes.

Not sure what the Axl interview has anything to do with this one.

Your interpretation of trolling is misguided then.

Axl's interview is the epitome of the artist mocking their fanbase by demanding stupid questions to mock your interest. Fanbase = trolled.

Edited by Rustycage

2235640-1337621850.jpg

"Slash songs" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Axl has actually been very complimentary of Slash's guitar work.

It really is disappointing that somebody your age refuses to give Slash the credit/praise that he deserves. Especially considering that the people you worship do so themselves.

Your blind worship of a rock singer prevents you from talking about your favorite band logically.......it's friggin weird.

Do you actually think that Axl wrote and played all the instrumental parts on all the GnR albums?

And do you think that constantly bashing a guy who hasn't been in GnR for 16 years makes you a better fan or is going to win you points with Beta?

• Like 1

2235640-1337621850.jpg

It really is disappointing that somebody your age refuses to give Slash the credit/praise that he deserves. Especially considering that the people you worship do so themselves.

Your blind worship of a rock singer prevents you from talking about your favorite band logically.......it's friggin weird.

Do you actually think that Axl wrote and played all the instrumental parts on all the GnR albums?

And do you think that constantly bashing a guy who hasn't been in GnR for 16 years makes you a better fan or is going to win you points with Beta?

For the life of me, I'll really never understand the people who hate Slash with seething passion. As far as I see it, if you're a fan of GN'R, it's just plain odd to hate the guy who was a big part of their whole sound. Even if Chinese Democracy was the best-received record of all time (and it wasn't), it doesn't discount the amazing, popular material Slash helped write with Guns, which has his 'sound' all over it. These people get excited to hear Axl singing old hits like SCOM and YCBM, yet mock Slash with great derision. It's just...weird. As a fan, I can't imagine hating either of them if you were ever truly a fan enough of their music to register on an Internet message board, for example.

And no, I'm not saying Slash was a bigger part of GN'R's sound. Axl is probably my favourite rock vocalist ever, truth be told. He was a huge part of their sound as well, and that's why I was willing to follow him into the future with other incarnations of GN'R, and why i was excited to do so. But I can't imagine retroactively hating Slash.

It's baffling.

• Like 1

Put "FACT" at the end of any opinion and it validates it......FACT!

Slash is two faced as hell, that's not an opinion, that's a known fact. And he's a liar

And to further validate that opinion, claim that it's "well known."
Someone find that list Volcano compilied of some of Slash's lies frombis book and where he would say one thing and then later say the opposite in various interviews

Factual errors:

- Page 1:

"I was born on July 23, 1965 in Stoke On Trent, England"

- He was born in Hampstead, England but spent his childhood in Stoke-on-Trent.

- Page 102: "We could have booked a gig locally because, collectively, we all knew the right people, but no, we decided that after three rehearsals, we were ready for a tour."

- The first show the Appetite For Destruction line-up played was on June 6th, 1985 at the Troubadour in Hollywood, CA. The tour up to Seattle happened after that show.

- Page 164: "Del ended up writing treatments for some of our videos, as well as having written the short story that inspired Axl to write "November Rain"."

- Del wrote Without You which inspired the video to November Rain and at least part of Estranged.

- Page 210: "When we got on set, we met JJ Jackson, the host, and he was really cool. "

- JJ Jackson didn't interview GN'R on Headbanger's Ball in 1987.

- Page 221, 305: "Within a day, we hooked up with Fred Curry, the drummer for Cinderella, and he was great in a pinch."

- Fred Coury is the drummer's name. [Thanks Nevy]

- Page 259: Tom Mayhue's name misspelled as Tom Mayhew.

- Page 323: "We had three theater dates in L.A., San Francisco, and New York, with various bands opening for us, such as Blind Melon and Faith No More and Raging Slab."

- Raging Slab opened for GN'R at the NYC show, Dumpster opened in San Francisco and L.A. Shannon Hoon (of Blind Melon) sang with the band at the L.A. show.

- Page 323: ".. including two nights at the Inglewood Forum in L.A."

- It was actually four nights.

- Page 335: "After we got out stage show together, backup singers, horn section, and all, and we did a week's worth of rehearsals with every element intact, suddenly we found ourselves in South America, before a crowd of 180,000 at Rock In Rio II, on January 20, 1991."

- The extended lineup played its first show on December 5th, 1991 (the second US leg) in Worcester, MA.

- Page 339: "When he jumped down, it was great, we kept playing that suspenseful riff that starts off "Rocket Queen," and I thought the whole moment was killer. When Axl got back onstage, everything felt triumphant for a second... then he grabbed the mike, said something like, "Because of the bullshit security, we're going home," slammed the mike down, and walked offstage.

The band kept going. We'd gotten good at improvising to fill dead space - drum solos, guitar solos jams - we had a bag of tricks to keep things moving whenever Axl made a sudden exit. We kept jamming, and I went over to the side of the stage.

"Where is he? I asked Doug.

He looked at me with a pained expression. "He's not coming back."

"What do you mean he's not coming back?" I shouted, still playing the riff.

"There is no way he is coming back," Doug said. "There is nothing I can do."

We were about ninety minutes into our set, which was our minimum contractually, but the plan was to play a two-hour ser and the crowd wasn't close to satisfied. They knew there was a lot more left. I would have done anything to get Axl back onstage at that point.

"Ask him again!" I yelled. "Find out if he's really not going to." I should have known by Doug's expression that there was no use.

Once it was final, we had no choice: the band put down our gear, and it was like pulling the plug on the stereo - the song just ended on a question mark. That entire arena sat there expecting something to happen, but instead we walked offstage without a word."

- The following is what happened and it can be seen in the pro-shot bootleg footage from the show. About 1:15 into the song, Axl asks security "Hey, take that! Take that now! Get that guy and take that........ I'll take it Goddamn it!" He jumps into the crowd while the band keeps playing the riff Slash mentioned. Axl returns to the stage at around 1:57 into the song, motions for the band to stop playing and says "Well, thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home.". Then he throws down his microphone, walks past Slash and walks offstage. Slash proceeds to say something into the microphone. His last line is "We're out of here".

Page 350: "In May of 1992. We announced that we would coheadline a summer tour with Metallica starting July 7"

- The tour started on July 17th, 1992 at the RFK Stadium in Washington, DC.

- Page 363: "I got married to Renee in October 1991."

- Page 412: "On the morning of 9/11, we were woken up at 8:15 by David Williams, Michael's house guitar player .... ... I saw that a plane had hit the Twin Towers, and moments later the second one hit while I was actually watching."

- Flight 11 crashed into the north face of the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 8:46:40. Flight 175 crashes into the south face of the South Tower at 9:03:11.

- Page 437: ".... and the Pistols' "Pretty Vacant."

- They played "Bodies" by Sex Pistols at their first show as well as playing it on tour.

- Several pages: Slash's current band mate in VR, Dave Kushner, is referred to as Dave Kirscher in several places in the book.

The guy doesn't even know where he was born. I don't believe a syllable he says.

Get a life! My god, how long did it take you to research all this? You must have some sick, distorted obsession w slash dude. Get some help!

2235640-1337621850.jpg

For the life of me, I'll really never understand the people who hate Slash with seething passion. As far as I see it, if you're a fan of GN'R, it's just plain odd to hate the guy who was a big part of their whole sound. Even if Chinese Democracy was the best-received record of all time (and it wasn't), it doesn't discount the amazing, popular material Slash helped write with Guns, which has his 'sound' all over it. These people get excited to hear Axl singing old hits like SCOM and YCBM, yet mock Slash with great derision. It's just...weird. As a fan, I can't imagine hating either of them if you were ever truly a fan enough of their music to register on an Internet message board, for example.

And no, I'm not saying Slash was a bigger part of GN'R's sound. Axl is probably my favourite rock vocalist ever, truth be told. He was a huge part of their sound as well, and that's why I was willing to follow him into the future with other incarnations of GN'R, and why i was excited to do so. But I can't imagine retroactively hating Slash.

It's baffling.

Great post. It is baffling.

Even further than everything you just said........Slash hasn't been in GnR for 16 years, Axl has only release ONE album in that time frame, but these guys CAN'T stop talking about Slash.

They think that badmouthing Slash somehow deflects some of the negativity that surrounds Axl.

It would be different if they were just trolling to try and get people angry and fighting........but I think these guys actually believe the nonsense they continually spew out.

What can you do though? Anybody who hates Slash with a passion and continually downplays his importance in GnR simply just doesn't have a clue about Guns n Roses or about music in general.

Get a life! My god, how long did it take you to research all this? You must have some sick, distorted obsession w slash dude. Get some help!

No to mention logically wrong by dubbing them "Slash's lies", for reasons many here have already stated. Just another example of irratinal rhetoric employed by certain forum members

The biggest distortion on this board is how Axl fans around the board have twisted the statement, "Slash sometimes lies to make himself look cool" into, "Slash always lies! About EVERYTHING!"

I don't know if they are just trolling, crazy or just stupid.

Also in their mind saying a wrong date or a year is a lie... I don't know, I call that a mistake but maybe it's just me.

No to mention logically wrong by dubbing them "Slash's lies", for reasons many here have already stated. Just another example of irratinal rhetoric employed by certain forum members

It's from a notorious thread on htgth. Sad reading.

Not surprisingly, Slash portrays it as "Axl took over the band," instead of saying "Well I signed the name over, and therefore demoted myself to the position of 'bitch' and thusly didn't have as much creative input as I would've had if I had not signed the name over."

Or this: And its probably closer to reality "FANs"; Since its a hypthetical quote above consider this hypothetical quote:

"We were on target for a massive and potentially historic and very profitable tour of the world when we were presented with an option: Sign over the name in the event of a breakup and considerations relating to the band or face Axl outright quitting and walking away. Its called blackmail. Axl was like the little kid that had the only ball and he used that card... play by my rules or I'll take my ball and go home -which he ultimately did. At that time everything was about manipulation and control....look at the contracts we made journalists sign as an example...that should tell you where GNR and particularly Axl was headed.

It was a well played game. Quit the band legally and take its assets and its name and start another band with the same lineup only with less say and input. Keep everything in tact as it was only this time around your held hostage even more to Axl and is vision, motivation, muse and direction. If he feels like spending 5 years on one song well, thats what it takes and I and Duff and whoever else can just shut the fuck up and wait. Why dont you all trot over and ask Fink and Buckethead and Freese about that concept...im sure they could tell you what a thrill it was to be kept on hold. Thats what confronted Me and Duff and Matt post UYI tour in 95.

At that time the GNR as a corporation, as a business needed that tour to pay back the record compmany advances and to secure all off us financially for the rest of our lives - so the vulnerable spot was Axl. We were told that when all things were tallied up that we had the potential of making almost a Billion dollars off of record sales, concerts, merchandising and personal appearances. A fucking Billion Dollars! Thats a huge fucking number that couldnt be ignored and we rose to the challenge to meet that demand. GNR could not tour with AXl refusing to tour with us as the singer/composer and he knew that. He knew that we couldnt find a singer of that calibre with that much imput to our music to continue on as Authentic GNR.

Can you imagine if Duff and I had the audacity to wheel out Guns and Roses in 91' without Axl,Izzy, Steven or by then Matt and still call it Guns and Roses? Fans would have seen through that shit in a heartbeat and shut that shit down in a second. Axl knew that and he exploited that knowledge. Yes he was crazy enough to press the issue regardless of the consequinces to everybody concerned. His way or no way and that was that. Ultimately it was his way. Ill give it to him he had it planned to the last T and dotted I.

At that time all systems were a go and we were confronted with Axls antics once again but you know I kinbd of trusted him . I had been told by my manager and managment that we faced some heavy duty lawsuits. AS a band we were mired in lawsuits that were not nessessarily of anyones making than that of Axls. We could sweat our balls off and keep the machine rolling to pay for all of it...look at St. Louis did that come out of Axls personal pocket? Did he pony up out of his proceeds to make it right...same with Montreal...who ultimately wrote the checks to cover the legal beagles? Guns and Roses. Who paid for the $100,000 after parties that Axl threw every night? We tried for a very long time to accomodate the eccentricities and "genius" of Axl and it just kept ratcheting up and up and up with Duff and I being the last men standing as far as the original AFD lineup was concerned. Izzy was sort of there but he was so over it that I think he would have left and should have left before we toured. But you know ... its called hope and we hoped that Axl could hold it together long enough to make it happen. It just was such a surreal blindside... a suckerpunch from a Axl. We made it happen and it managed to be the defining moment of rock tours and it forced us to keep it together.

Can you imagine if we would have called Axls bluff and called him on his shit? No UYI tours, no new music and years and years of trying to sort out the financial obligations that we as a band faced recording a double album and tanking a major tour of the world? As successful as AFD was and Lies the lawsuits and legal manouvering would have bankrupted all of us in a matter of years had we walked away ??. All our work and effort to make GNR would have vanished as quickly as it came. All of us had signed our souls away to do tour and record and many many people were relying on us to stay alive and get out on the road again. We had something like 60 people that relied on us directly to make it happen plus the consideration to hundreds of more that had invested in us."

He would have quit..we all know that and in a manner he did.The Axl that was on board in the clubs and the recording process of AFD was not the same Axl of UYI days. Money and fame definately changed him. We knew where his headspace was and the beggars and hangers on that were telling him that GNR was him and him alone as if the rest of us were only minor players to Axl dramafest.

So instead of us calling it quits and walking away at that moment, we took into consideration the FANS and the demand that UYI be toured. At that time it was a distinct possibility that Axl would walk away anyway and that was demonstrated early on in the tour. "

That's an impressive wall of text. I won't get into all your historical inaccuracies and outright lies, 'cept for one. Maybe you oughtta read the Axl chats again. Here's Axl's quote from the chats regarding the claim he "blackmailed" them for the name: "Never happened, all made up, fallacy and fantasy. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it. Had that been the case I wouldve have been cremated years ago legally, couldve cleaned me out for the name and damages. It's called under duress with extenuating circumstances. In fact the time that was mentioned the attorneys were all in Europe with us dealing with Adler depositions."

Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

Except Slash is not the only one telling a similar story about the name issue so you are assuming Axl is telling the truth and everyone else is lying and conspiring against poor Axl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
honestly i think if they sign under durress they could block axl using the name. They just didnt think it would matter.

Axl just wanted control and security. Whether you like the idea of Axl using the name is up to the individual. Slash didnt help his case for recincillation as much as I would like a reunion, they dont. Even Canter admits Slash needs to apologize. We know shit compared to Canter.

The biggest distortion on this board is how Axl fans around the board have twisted the statement, "Slash sometimes lies to make himself look cool" into, "Slash always lies! About EVERYTHING!"

I don't know if they are just trolling, crazy or just stupid.

Also in their mind saying a wrong date or a year is a lie... I don't know, I call that a mistake but maybe it's just me.
Slash has spread the idea that Axl forced them to sign over the name. And went along with the medias misconceptions about Axl. I feel like Slash is victim of the media as much as Axl. His laid back answers get twisted. But when you put stuff in your book that isnt true, that doesnt help. Slash trying to force Axl and Duff to do the Smakepit album shows its not all one way traffic. But he was frustrated and just wanted to rock.

It was that transition from AFD street years to UYI stadium band. The business side they werent ready for. Only Axl stepped up.