Why do so many "adults" watch wrassling?

Facekicker

issues as big as international relations (Iron Sheik, Rusev, Muhammed Hassan, Nikolai Volkof)

Very subtle propaganda eh? :lol:

I actually find the latent racism in a lot of it quite disgusting. For example, every time the "bad guy" with a thick accent says anything, the crowd yells "WHAT?!" I hate that. It's not subtle, and it's actually gross. But at the same time, it's a fake scenario where those characters are meant to be stereotypical good and bad guys. As I recall, Muhammad Hassan's real name was something like Matt Cappoletti - he was a Roman Catholic Italian, hardly the Middle Eastern Muslim he was playing. In any case, setting aside the race politics, the good guys are stereotypically pristine, while the bad guys are stereotypically sleazy and embody all that "we" dislike. It's a vicarious and cathartic spectacle, not intended to be taken as reality. I see no difference between that and a violent movie that takes place in a modern and real conflict (Jarhead, Zero Dark, etc.).

Um no.

Stone Cold actually started the WHAT?! chant.

http://youtu.be/xGfYCIrMiM0

I think Lenny and critics are stuck in the 80s. I don't know anyone old enough to use the pisser who thinks wrestling is real.

It's because you guys simply dislike it yet you don't really have an argument to discredit pro wrestling as an entertainment spectacle except the age-old platitudes "wrestling is for dummies" or "it's fake". We get it ladies, you're too high brow for wrestling. Move on would you?

I forgot about Mercury's nose. I'm not sure which hurts more to see, his nose, or Sid's leg.

both are pretty bad. sid legs wins i think though, that was pretty bad. chris sabin blowing his knee out on impact was pretty bad as well.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

I have been lucky enough to go to four WrestleMania's (18,20,23,28) At each one I met people from all over the world. As much as I criticize today's product it's still lots of fun to sit for a few hours with 80,000 people and suspend disbelief.

I was a grown ass man when Jeff Hardy won the title at Armageddon 08 and you best believe I marked the fuck out in the third row (hard camera side!)when he did so.

I've loved wrestling since I was 5 and I don't see any reason why I will still not enjoy it when I'm 55.

One of you keyboard warriors should go up to Brock Lesnar and tell him wrestling is fake. If you catch him on a bad day he might just knock you out quickly but then you could sue him from your hospital bed and get a nice payday out of it.

• Like 1

trying to counter-argue the fake thing

Who even does that in all seriousness anymore?

Lucius?
Not really

Fall from a 20 foot ladder onto another ladder and tell me that's fake.

Different things.

So we were talking about wrestling, you present a clip showing Foleys fat arse hurtling off a cage and then make reference to it being something that, upon viewing, one cannot rightly claim wrestling to be fake (unless theres some other meaning behind 'watch this and then tell me its fake')...but you weren't talking about whether wrestling is fake or not? :lol:

trying to counter-argue the fake thing

Who even does that in all seriousness anymore?

Lucius?
Not really

Fall from a 20 foot ladder onto another ladder and tell me that's fake.

Different things.
So we were talking about wrestling, you present a clip showing Foleys fat arse hurtling off a cage and then make reference to it being something that, upon viewing, one cannot rightly claim wrestling to be fake (unless theres some other meaning behind 'watch this and then tell me its fake')...but you weren't talking about whether wrestling is fake or not? :lol:
Never said wrestling wasn't fake. Falling off a cage onto a table isn't fake. Your comprehension baffles me. Edited by luciusfunk

In the middle of a discussion about whether wrestling is fake or not, you post an image, from a wrestling match, with a person hitting a ladder, in the context of a wrestling match, then make specific reference to whether or not its fake...but you weren't talking about whether or not wrestling is fake? :lol:

And its my comprehension thats baffling?!? :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

I dunno why the whole "but it's not real" stigma still exists around wrestling. Is there anything

on television that actually is real? Reality shows are all staged, the news is only real insofar

as how willing you are to buy into one side of an argument. I would rather enter into a voluntary

stupor than to be misled or otherwise be left wondering at which points I'm being misled. At

least with wrestling there's a certain type of honesty about it.