Why do so many "adults" watch wrassling?

Facekicker

Guest Len B'stard

You wanna see their pictures mate, fuckin hilairious, especially big daddy, he was a massive fat bastard with huge tits in a yellow leotard. And his real name was Shirley :lol:

I know it sounds like im making this shit up but google it, google big daddy wrestler.

One of em, Pat Roach, was in a Bond film.

Sports entertainment. Got to love the way they market these things. Like classifying pizza as a serving of veg because of the tomato sauce.

Well, without a question it is sports just like figure skating or some forms of dance count as sports. Way people watching and enjoying it behave and live along through the dramas is all kinds of weird. I think everybody who has made the connection to day time soap tv is as close to truth as you can get. It rubs that same bone.

I personally consider it pretty obnoxious bullshit. Movie with Rourke was awesome though.

Edited by LTD

You wanna see their pictures mate, fuckin hilairious, especially big daddy, he was a massive fat bastard with huge tits in a yellow leotard. And his real name was Shirley :lol:

I know it sounds like im making this shit up but google it, google big daddy wrestler.

One of em, Pat Roach, was in a Bond film.

He was also in the first 3 Indiana Jones films, was the big guy that beats the shit out of Bond but somehow dies :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Remember Kendo Nagasaki was meant to be some mystical Japanese thingiemajig, like they made this big mysterious thing of him, the masked character. His finishing move was the high knee i think, to the head. I think he got unmasked once, didn't he?

big-daddy_2478904b.jpg

Big Daddy :lol:

All very gay names.

And all fake names worn by very straight men in a time where being gay was something that was not accepted by society at all. Took balls if you ask me.

That were wrapped in spandex and handled by other men.....

All very gay names.

And all fake names worn by very straight men in a time where being gay was something that was not accepted by society at all. Took balls if you ask me.

That were wrapped in spandex and handled by other men.....

Not in any way that could be concieved of as pleasurable.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

• 6 months later...

I get the appeal - it's soap operas for men. It's utterly mindless, but let's be honest, who here doesn't watch something that is utterly impossible to defend (mine: the Walking Dead)...

What I find kind of strange, and perhaps I'm wrong about this, is that wrestling has been able to remain viable as a business despite the massive growth of Ultimate Fighting. Why watch something fake when there's guys doing the real thing down the road or on another channel? I suppose UF doesn't have the same level of drama. As I recall, there was more emphasis on story in wrestling. But I always assumed that since the days UF starting blowing up that the audience for wrestling would take a huge hit. As I said, I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like it.

Great post.

I loved wrestling as a kid. But as an adult, I prefer watching the real action as opposed to the fake stuff.

Ironic butthurt. Damn those hipsters they ruined butthurt. And key chains and life.

Although wrestling is fun, all those characters and theatre. UFC is perverted and disgusting like trying to watch animals fucking. I don't know maybe a bit harsh. Wrestling is just goofy fun. Boxing is an art form. UFC is evil.

Yeah but films dont masquerade as a sport.

You've managed to completely miss the point. Why watch something fabricated at all?

Television, movies.... The Avengers didn't occur in our world, did it? Robert Downey Jr. doesn't really have the capability to fire lasers out of his hands. Chris Hemsworth isn't really a god from another dimension. That all seems a little silly to me. Someone tell these "adults" it's not real. Why watch something that was scripted, with a pre-determined finish? Same with The Daily Show that masquerades as a news show, or The Blair Witch Project that masquerades as a documentary. Big Brother that masquerades as a completely, unscripted, spontaneous thing. Fake, fake, fake & fake.

• Like 1

Even though it is fake why do so many adults behave otherwise?

Why do so many adults pretend the personal stories ect on shows like American Idol/Pop Idol/X Factor and talent/reality shows are real either?

At least in wrestling there's a short clip throughout every show saying the wrestlers are professionally trained "entertainers" and you shouldn't try it at home.

Yeah but films dont masquerade as a sport.

You've managed to completely miss the point. Why watch something fabricated at all?

Television, movies.... The Avengers didn't occur in our world, did it? Robert Downey Jr. doesn't really have the capability to fire lasers out of his hands. Chris Hemsworth isn't really a god from another dimension. That all seems a little silly to me. Someone tell these "adults" it's not real. Why watch something that was scripted, with a pre-determined finish? Same with The Daily Show that masquerades as a news show, or The Blair Witch Project that masquerades as a documentary. Big Brother that masquerades as a completely, unscripted, spontaneous thing. Fake, fake, fake & fake.

I believe I pointed this out earlier in this thread, but the reason why I find wrestling so laughable isn't that it's scripted. The reason is that it is scripted in such a shitty way.

Just look at this :lol:

• Like 1

Television is different, as in like shows or movies here, those are SUPPOSED to be works of fiction, they function on the basis of suspension of disbelief, they're an art form.

Also, with wrestling, it's only until recently where the whole 'entertainment' thing has been tagged on to make it look like this is the nature of the whole thing, thats its fake and knowingly fake and all a big set up...but it weren't always like that, it was basically a big con that eventually got found out but back in the days of Gorgeous George etc, people thought this shit was fuckin' real and it was not made abunduntly clear at the outset, as it is with television or a film, that this shit is fake...and thats kinda the root of why people respond to wrestling like that, it's a con that got found out but a lot of people have a lot of affection for so they adjusted its stance accordingly and hence we have what we have today. But a lot of (or versions of) all the theatrical aspects existed even way back then, throwing beer over some abusive spectator (who actually works for the show) and all that kinda jazz.

As far as like reality tv, well, they occupy a similar spot in our cultures because of their fakeness, no ones sings up reality tv or says its the shit, it's basically treated much the same wrestling is, don't you think?