Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

It's expected to enter the charts at number 7! I really expected higher considering there's nothing else like Slash around at the moment :)

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/10531/20140920/chris-brown-predicted-earn-sixth-straight-top-10-album-x.htm

There's nothing like it because rock is all but dead at moment. And few buying albums. WOF's projected sales seem low until you consider Springsteen scored his 11th #1 album this year with High Hopes--which had Week 1 sales of 99,000.

25K, 50K, 99K, who cares, it's all peanuts.

What other rock guitarist solo albums will match or beat Slash's in 2014? Sad state of affairs for records sales in general...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6236365/album-sales-hit-a-new-low-2014

This was actually a fairly tough week of competition with Chris Brown and Babs putting up strong#'s for this shit environment.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I can't help but wonder if US sales would've been higher without the classic rock fan pack. those are UK sales. how many people bought that that aren't buying a US copy? I bought that, and itunes and a regular copy from best buy (not with the tshirt), but I'm sure there are plenty that bought the fan pack that aren't buying it domestically. reality is, it probably isn't significant enough to have really affected first week sales, but it could be a consideration.

Edited by uctalum01

WOF is more solid overall but AL still had some really good songs.

Anastasia

Not For Me

Carolina

No More Heroes

Standing In The Sun

The title track and bad Rain are pretty good too

Forgot about We Will Roam. I like that one too. Not a bad album at all. Not a GREAT album but it is far from terrible. It has one beast of a song a handful of good ones and some average. I hate "One Last Thrill" and The ballad is weak too..

It's expected to enter the charts at number 7! I really expected higher considering there's nothing else like Slash around at the moment :)

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/10531/20140920/chris-brown-predicted-earn-sixth-straight-top-10-album-x.htm

There's nothing like it because rock is all but dead at moment. And few buying albums. WOF's projected sales seem low until you consider Springsteen scored his 11th #1 album this year with High Hopes--which had Week 1 sales of 99,000.

25K, 50K, 99K, who cares, it's all peanuts.

What other rock guitarist solo albums will match or beat Slash's in 2014? Sad state of affairs for records sales in general...

ALL the reviews online have been stellar, his fans seem to love it and 99% of the comments I see on youtube and shit are all good.. Good enough for me!

• Like 1

WOF is more metal. And there's AFD parts all over it. It's sleazier too in parts.

Slash: 61K

Apocalyptic Love: 38k

Wof: 28k

Damned, album quality increasing while sales decreasing ! :wow:

First week sales anyway... The positive recation on the album might help it a bit in the weeks to come.
VR reunion up next.

WOF is more metal. And there's AFD parts all over it. It's sleazier too in parts.

First week sales anyway... The positive recation on the album might help it a bit in the weeks to come.
VR reunion up next.

fuck that.. Still have a bad ass tour coming for WOF \m/

VR reunion up next.

Besides of the beginning and the end of Beneath The Savage Sun I haven't heard metal on this album. Some sleazy shit yeah, but no metal.

Not surprised. Next record will sell around 15K.

The trend of record buying is what it is. And Slash is funding these albums himself, so no major label promotion.

Most of the drop from AL to WOF probably due to the larger trend, but Myles' voice does put some people off and it's possible they got enough on AL and weren't interested in the follow up. If so, a shame because Myles sounds so much better throughout on the WOF material. Hopefully, the strong critic buzz and some singles will pull more fans in.

Still, even with these #'s, will he be the only guitarist whose solo album charts in the Top 10 this year?

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Who cares about sales? Touring is where its at

I recall an article when VH's ADKOT came out where an industry person was saying that more important than album sales was the fan reviews they were monitoring on certain sites. Amazon was one. Essentially, they said that given the amount of downloading, album sales were no longer the leading indicator and also don't reflect whether the fan base actually liked the album. But they used ADKOT as an example where VH fan feedback was overwhelmingly strong on certain sites and boded well for their tour(which did, in fact, sell very well).

Will see if I can dig that up...

Added: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/02/the-curious-case-of-van-halen/

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I recall an article when VH's ADKOT came out where an industry person was saying that more important than album sales was the fan reviews they were monitoring on certain sites. Amazon was one. Essentially, they said that given the amount of downloading, album sales were no longer the leading indicator and also don't reflect whether the fan base actually liked the album. But they used ADKOT as an example where VH fan feedback was overwhelmingly strong on certain sites and boded well for their tour(which did, in fact, sell very well).

Very interesting! I would certainly believe it, though. Music just does not sell. Especially not like it used to.

That's awesome to see. Too bad roughly half of the shows got canceled due to Eddie's stomach condition that he was going through which meant that they couldn't really reap the benefits of that tour.

That's awesome to see. Too bad roughly half of the shows got canceled due to Eddie's stomach condition that he was going through which meant that they couldn't really reap the benefits of that tour.

I bet they still made a ton. I saw them on the ADKOT tour and I had a nosebleed seat for close to 100 bucks. It was near sold out and expensive

AL has SITS, Halo, and Anastasia... Those three are all damn good and You're a Lie was a radio hit.

He needs to release a performance video of Wicked Stone and drop that as a single now to radio stations and start playing the late night circuit. Stop milking the lead single, WOF.

I don't necessarily agree with that plan. I do think it would be cool, but I don't know if it'd exactly make a difference. But I do agree, they NEED something new than WOF. One of my favorites on the album, but its been a single for awhile at this point and been played to death either in their videos and live shows. I can't wait to see it stay, but I do think they need something new to push now that the album's out.