Isn't this illegal?

ARBeast

I noticed the song Chinese Democracy was playing during warmups for the Hartford Wolf pack of the AHL during the 08-09 season. However, notice that the version being played was the DEMO. Also, at the time of this being video taped, the album had already been put out.

Serious question...isn't that illegal? Could Axl have sued the Hartford Wolf Pack for playing a version of the song that he didn't want distributed? Funny enough that they didn't play the final version of Chinese..

Something's odd about the whole thing if ya ask me...

I noticed the song Chinese Democracy was playing during warmups for the Hartford Wolf pack of the AHL during the 08-09 season. However, notice that the version being played was the DEMO. Also, at the time of this being video taped, the album had already been put out.

Serious question...isn't that illegal? Could Axl have sued the Hartford Wolf Pack for playing a version of the song that he didn't want distributed? Funny enough that they didn't play the final version of Chinese..

i just realized that ice skating to CD is fun

It's not something Axl would have wasted his time with. I doubt he'd even give a shit.

I wouldn't be so sure..

I'll bet he hasn't even noticed. Playing a demo version for the public like that?

If I spent 13 million on a record...because frankly, nothing else has been released from "Guns N' Roses" since 2008, and some minor league team has the balls to play a demo, in a similar situation I tried to castrayte Eddie Trunk for...

I'm just saying. How many people listen to Eddie Trunk? Do any of you listen to Eddie Trunk? This isn't getting into a debate about KISS because no one cares if Ace or Peter is in the band anymore clearly but, the point here is, the world-or whoever was paying attention then, freaked when Eddie played IRS. Courtesy of Mike Piazza of course. But seriously, Axl's management freaked when IRS was played.

Take a look. The public was exposed to chinese democracy. However, this isn't even the final version of chinese democracy! You're going to playa great song and instead of playing the final copy you're going to play a demo?? You're asking for a lawsuit. I doubt Axl had any clue this happened, it's been on youtube for years and Beta would have to sign a permission slip...clearly. I mean, this HAS been available. But this is insulting. You put out a final track of a song, you need the proper FINAL version played.

The Hartford Wolfpack are owned by the NY Rangers. Axl should have sued. I really, really, REALLY hate Team Brazil and put a ton of blame on them. Hell, b/c of the lack of new music from the band I find myself siding with pro-slash fans, which is Scary. I mean, Saul Hudson needs a grip, plain and simple. However, here, Axl should have sued. There is no reason to play that song- warm up or not. Have some respect and play the final version.

I could care less if "Assba" plays on it..if they recorded it have some fucking respect. I seriously feel for stinson, pittman, dizzy, finck, bucket, fortus, etc. the guys that really hung in there and now have to take this abuse. It's one thing if you mooch..it's a whole 'nother when you work and have a vision. This is very frustrating, and a lawsuit should happen here before ANY suit versus niven.

Edited by ARBeast

Holy fuck. They played it as warm up music. It's played for no other reason than to get the players going. Nobody bought tickets to this game under the impression they'd get to hear Chinese Democracy. The team gained no financial gain whatsoever from this and some of you are calling it illegal? Would it then be illegal for a slow pitch team to listen to this during warm ups? I guess it's illegal for YOU to listen to this in your car. I guess it's a lack of respect for anyone to suggest the demos are better versions.

The only thing gained by playing this is a handful of internet nerds now know the Hartford Wolfpack is a minor league hockey team. Holy fuck Axl better sue. I've never seen anything so insulting. I'm disgusted by this. Have some respect? What in the fuck? The guy playing it probably downloaded it and for all he knows it's the final version. Some of you need to get back to reality. I'm dead serious. Saying Axl should've sued over this makes you even crazier than Axl himself.

If you guys are being sarcastic... well done. If not... WOW! You've lost touch big time.

I've never understood why more outlets don't play more newgnr stuff...

Really? You don't understand why they don't?

• Like 1

My local sports talk station (97.1 The Ticket) uses the title cut as a bumper in and out of commercials occasionally. The use really odd stuff though so it's not surprising. For example, they use a Black Crowes song called Heavy as well. It's from the By Your Side album and wasn't even a single.

Holy fuck. They played it as warm up music. It's played for no other reason than to get the players going. Nobody bought tickets to this game under the impression they'd get to hear Chinese Democracy. The team gained no financial gain whatsoever from this and some of you are calling it illegal? Would it then be illegal for a slow pitch team to listen to this during warm ups? I guess it's illegal for YOU to listen to this in your car.

This.

I think it's cool, someone outside the forums chose to listen to Chinese Democracy.

Was going to say "No" initially based only on the fact that radio stations were playing the demos before the album came out, but then I remembered that they were sent C&D's to stop. Right?

Being played on a radio station has the potential for redistribution. In a live setting like the on ein the OP, redistribution is unlikely to happen due to how shitty the quality would be.

Edited by Rustycage

Holy fuck. They played it as warm up music. It's played for no other reason than to get the players going. Nobody bought tickets to this game under the impression they'd get to hear Chinese Democracy. The team gained no financial gain whatsoever from this and some of you are calling it illegal? Would it then be illegal for a slow pitch team to listen to this during warm ups? I guess it's illegal for YOU to listen to this in your car. I guess it's a lack of respect for anyone to suggest the demos are better versions.

The only thing gained by playing this is a handful of internet nerds now know the Hartford Wolfpack is a minor league hockey team. Holy fuck Axl better sue. I've never seen anything so insulting. I'm disgusted by this. Have some respect? What in the fuck? The guy playing it probably downloaded it and for all he knows it's the final version. Some of you need to get back to reality. I'm dead serious. Saying Axl should've sued over this makes you even crazier than Axl himself.

If you guys are being sarcastic... well done. If not... WOW! You've lost touch big time.

Really? You don't understand why they don't?

No. I don't understand. It's a great album and Frankly no need for Slash.

Second, do yourself a favor and watch your tone with me. And calm down, we get you're a Slash fan boy but frankly the guy ain't shit without Axl. Fact.

The point is, you can't play the Sweet child demo at sporting events. You have to play the final version. The legalities of the matter involved.. When a band releases something official, that and that alone is all you can distribute.

IMO, Axl should have sued. People are going to listen to that shit demo and think the song sucks worse than it does.

Holy fuck. They played it as warm up music. It's played for no other reason than to get the players going. Nobody bought tickets to this game under the impression they'd get to hear Chinese Democracy. The team gained no financial gain whatsoever from this and some of you are calling it illegal? Would it then be illegal for a slow pitch team to listen to this during warm ups? I guess it's illegal for YOU to listen to this in your car.

This.

I think it's cool, someone outside the forums chose to listen to Chinese Democracy.

But that's the issue! It's not even chinese democracy! It's a shit demo that shouldn't have been played period!!!!!

What more important here is when is the wolfpack coming back to binghamton?????

Good question. But Binghamton's got the senators!! they're fine!!

It will just be a mistake by the organisers. No great shakes

Go and look up the Borat comedy version of the Kazakh national anthem being played at the last Olympics

No. I don't understand. It's a great album and Frankly no need for Slash.

Second, do yourself a favor and watch your tone with me. And calm down, we get you're a Slash fan boy but frankly the guy ain't shit without Axl. Fact.

The point is, you can't play the Sweet child demo at sporting events. You have to play the final version. The legalities of the matter involved.. When a band releases something official, that and that alone is all you can distribute.

IMO, Axl should have sued. People are going to listen to that shit demo and think the song sucks worse than it does.

hahaha! watch my tone with you? Pipe down there tough guy. I'ma Slash fanboy? That's the standard go to for you blinded Axl fanatics who've been called out on your dellusional bullshit isn't it. It's a FACT that Slash is shit without Axl? ha! Wow. Popular public opinion not only disgarees with you but they would express the exact opposite is true. I wouldn't expect someone on the teet of Axl Rose though to comprehend the reality fo the situtaion. the fact you think axl shoudl have sued speaks volumes to you as a human being. the who played it probably liked the songa nd simply thought it would be cool to play. he's probably not a fucking nerd like you who scours the internet looking for dj's at sporting events who play GnR songs then disect the footage to find out if it was the official release or a demo. Even Axl would laugh his ass off at your opinion that he should sue this guy. Should maybe sue the team too. And the mascott. Fuck it sue the entire league.

Was going to say "No" initially based only on the fact that radio stations were playing the demos before the album came out, but then I remembered that they were sent C&D's to stop. Right?

Being played on a radio station has the potential for redistribution. In a live setting like the on ein the OP, redistribution is unlikely to happen due to how shitty the quality would be.

Riiiiiight, ok. That makes sense. I figured something like that but couldn't quite get it down. Thanks!