New Clip Discussion

Coma16

Just a thought but who leaked these remixes anyways? MSL?

I feel like since they're brief clips from songs it might just be trying to pressure the band into releasing more material..

he will deny it, but its pretty much certain msl did this

I'm sure you're right. That's my issue with all of this..too many people are into telling MSL he's full of shit, when they believe otherwise. I think he's got a lot of unheard GNR stuff and he just enjoys toying with people because of it. If he's got stuff, I've always felt people should try to find a more productive way to get them out of him.

Just a thought but who leaked these remixes anyways? MSL?

I feel like since they're brief clips from songs it might just be trying to pressure the band into releasing more material..

I don´t support leaks at all, I´m not going to elaborate on how disrespectful that is to the band but on the other hand I think that since there aren´t any new songs among them the band should´t be too worried imo.

There's snippets from oh my god and silkworms, and an alternate this i love. We' ve been hearing of silkworms for years with what, just 1 live performance? Today is the first time I've heard those lyrics in a recorded version..so it does count towards something, although its a stretch. Could be the beginning of something.

The truth is out there and it'll eventually leak too. If the band doesn't like it, then they should stop delaying shit every 15 years and release it. I guess I can't support the leaks either, but I can't defend hiding music like GNR has.

I don´t think they are "hiding" the music. They probably have their reasons why they don´t release it and since we don´t know what their reasons are we shouldn´t be quick to judge and accuse them of hiding anything.

Edited by November_rain

but I can't defend hiding music like GNR has.

Just for the sake of the argument: Why can't an artist sit on his art for so long as he wants? You seem to think you are entitled to something.... ;)

Entitled to an extent. I'm the one who has spent my hard earned cash on cd's and other memorabilia and guess who gets my money? GNR.

Idk, I just feel that the band is at a point now where they like being a flirt and a tease with releasing new material. People get shit on for defending them as anything other than a coverband for a reason.

Just for the sake of the argument: Why can't an artist sit on his art for so long as he wants? You seem to think you are entitled to something.... ;)

Entitled to an extent. I'm the one who has spent my hard earned cash on cd's and other memorabilia and guess who gets my money? GNR.

And for the sake of continuing that argument: Did you not get what you paid for? Do they owe you more?

I just really want to know why all this work is apparently done and none of this stuff ever legitimately materialises... We're all aware that there's something which prevents GN'R from just putting music out in the way that 99.9% of bands manage to do. No-one has ever put a name to it beyond simply saying "Axl Rose, duh", but that's not really a satisfactory explanation; no-one ever talks about what his potential reasons for making things so complicated are...

Why does he do all this work and then find it so difficult to publish it? What is different about the release process for him compared to everyone else's attitude to it? He's said in the past he isn't working on all this stuff to hoard it... I just really don't get it.

At a guess I'd say it's all about, and probably has always been about a record company wanting a reunion.

That's exactly right. I also believe that the record label keeps pushing for a reunion. It must be really frustrating and hard for Axl to get through with new material. Especially when it's such a different style of music comparing to the Classic Band. If they just stopped and see how lucky they are to still have Axl under contract and how much money they could make with his new band...

If anything, if the Remix Album is a real this, it should either be released as an EP, or as a bonus disc for the next album, or a bonus disc if they ever re-release CD.

i'm pretty sure, that this remix album won't see the light of the day by an "official" release ever. think about it: the label won't ever release that album, which only the "die-hards" are interested in. if the were, they'd already done. maybe guns are leaking that stuff "CONTROLLED" by msl to keep us fans happy in the meantime, waiting for a new album. throwing us some bones..

And for the sake of continuing that argument: Did you not get what you paid for? Do they owe you more?

:lol: Cute, soulmonster. I'm waiting for your leaks next. But Axl does owe me a tommy's burger since he teased me on national tv with it.. ;)

I know there's rumors of a Guns N' Roses studio version of Ballad Of Death that got leaked, I am here to tell you that the so called "leaked" studio version floating around is NOT the real Guns N' Roses studio version nor is it me playing guitar on it. Hope this helps!

Edited by Daedalus

Let's fuel up your curiosity!

Now that i notice... Axl says absurd in this version as well... what most thought it was "isn't that a Shock", it's actually "isn't that Absurd"

people actually argued that? I always thought it was "isn't that absurd". Same lyrics to me but...whatever.

MSL has got some explaining to do..

I know there's rumors of a Guns N' Roses studio version of Ballad Of Death that got leaked, I am here to tell you that the so called "leaked" studio version floating around is NOT the real Guns N' Roses studio version nor is it me playing guitar on it. Hope this helps!

Old news, that guy playing is way better than AShba©.

Funny how people get confused and mistakenly speak with SoulMonster thinking they're speaking with Mr.SoulMonster LOL

Always thought they were the same. Oh well, who cares? It's not like Axl's going to be thanking you for your posts in his next album which will arrive at your local best buy never...

Funny how people get confused and mistakenly speak with SoulMonster thinking they're speaking with Mr.SoulMonster LOL

so true...

Then why don't you get leaking then? I'll just call your ass out since you're suddenly here by coincidence and purely just that now...

Oh wait..

I'm not sure where you're (groghan) going with this, but it's pretty well established that at one point back around 2010 the band considered re-releasing Chinese Democracy, with a bonus remix disc. It didn't necessarily take that much "work", Bumble and DJ recorded guitar tracks over already recorded vocals, and Brain worked on a bunch of remixes.

Whether you think that's a good idea or not, is irrelevant to 2013.

This had nothing to do with CD2. Lots of bands have released remix albums.

The fact that it is December 2013 and we are talking about a remix album and not Axl's second GnR release. That doesn't bother you or seem odd to you?

Lots of bands release remix albums. How many of them only release normal albums once every 20 years though?

How many of those bands talk about having 10-50 songs in the library, plus have current members talk about submitting many songs to the boss.......but have only released one album (five years ago) with no new album in sight - except for maybe a remix album now?

Maybe that isn't relevant to you. And that's cool.

But Axl Rose is my favorite rock n roll singer and I'm pretty bummed (in terms of my music world) that he has only released one album of original material in the past 22 years. And that it looks like the next thing he releases might just be remixes of old songs. If that makes YOU happy - awesome!!!! But as a die-hard fan of Axl Rose, it doesn't thrill me.

I've only stated on this board about 500 times that it's ridiculous that Axl Rose won't release new music. Everything about Guns n' Roses seems odd to me.

In my opinion, they should have released CD2 in 2010. If they were hellbent on re-releasing CD first though, it would have made at least a small amount of sense to do so in 2010 while kicking ass on tour and offering a bonus disc to entice people to buy the album again.

However, that is not what you are talking about. You seem to be arguing that they are toying with the idea of doing this in 2013, which is not supported by any evidence. The songs are leaking, not getting an official release, and TB or Axl have not said a word about this re-release still being in the plans.

UPDATE: Dj Ashba just posted on Facebook that the ballad of death leak is FAKE.

"I know there's rumors of a Guns N' Roses studio version of Ballad Of Death that got leaked, I am here to tell you that the so called "leaked" studio version floating around is NOT the real Guns N' Roses studio version nor is it me playing guitar on it. Hope this helps!" - Dj Ashba

Edited by ARBeast

UPDATE: Dj Ashba just posted on Facebook that the ballad of death leak is FAKE.

"I know there's rumors of a Guns N' Roses studio version of Ballad Of Death that got leaked, I am here to tell you that the so called "leaked" studio version floating around is NOT the real Guns N' Roses studio version nor is it me playing guitar on it. Hope this helps!" - Dj Ashba

Ron once said that Going Down was a cover (after Rio) so you never know...