Should Guns N' Roses do a "By Request" Tour like Metallica?

ManetsBR

As they're on this never ending tour anyway, should they do a "By Request" Tour like Metallica's, where the fans pick the setlist? It would sure boost the attendance! I know many of you are gonna say Axl wouldn't be able to handle the songs we pick, but if he can play a 3~3,5 hours concert twice or even three times a week, I'm sure that if they stripped it down to let's say, 16 songs that we chose, he'd be able to get out of it alive. Mine would be:

Welcome To The Jungle

Yesterdays

Rocket Queen

Sweet Child O' Mine

Don't Cry

There Was A Time

Pretty Tied Up

Breakdown

Oh My God

Coma

Locomotive

Don't Damn Me

ENCORE

Estranged

IRS

Paradise City

Prostitute

What would your setlist be? Would Axl be able to do it? If Guns N' Roses plays on your area on 2014, and you're not planning to go, would a "By Request" concert make you change your mind?

Edited by ManetsBR

As much as a by request tour would be awesome for the diehard fans, the band has already acknowledged that their setlist very much depends on what Axl thinks he is capable of each night. There is absolutely no way that they would leave it to chance for this reason. Also something tells me they have a hard enough time rehearsing and adding one new song into the setlist let along having to know basically the entire back catalog.

I just found out about the Metallica By Request Tour, which is fuckin' awesome! I'm going to see them in Lima!

It wouldn't work with Axl's band though, because casual fans will probably choose SCOM, Live and Let Die, KOHD and WTTJ and Paradise City and hardcore fans would go with Coma, Locomotive, TWAT, Breakdown, The Garden, songs that current Axl cannot sing anymore. :shrugs:

If we're limiting ourselves to 16 songs, I'd say get rid of any ChiDem tunes and covers and replace them with UYI rarities and new songs

Welcome To the Jungle

Pretty Tied Up

Mr. Brownstone

Estranged

Going Down

Ballad of Death

Sweet Child O' Mine

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

Silkworms

November Rain

Argentinian Tango

Patience

Don't Cry (Original)

Jackie Chan

ENCORE

Paradise City

I'm not sure why people think Axl couldn't handle Locomotive. I guess it's just an autopilot-response thing, because that song A) doesn't have a ton of rasp and B) doesn't seem to be vocally challenging in terms of hitting certain notes. In fact, Axl's modern singing voice and timbre seems to fit well with it. Furthermore, he sings more vocally challenging songs in the current setlist.

All my opinion, of course. Of course the real reason he wouldn't play it is because it's mainly a Slash song, if I'm not mistaken.

If you take a look at the current Metallica setlists you will see that the majority still votes for the most common songs of the band - so coma etc won't make it into that list as it's just a favorit by some die hards. The same goes for all CD songs - I don't think any of these songs would make it into the set if people could decide it....

so coma etc won't make it into that list as it's just a favorit by some die hards. The same goes for all CD songs

I think you would be surprised with the amount of people that know and like Coma. I can't comment on CD but I believe TWAT stands out.

Like I said, it doesn't really matter because current Axl can't handle those songs. :shrugs:

They should release another fucking album. Even a dream set list won't make this one album in 20 years bullshit ok.

Rovim speaks the truth.

Release a new album, play 4-5 songs off that album on the tour, and replace the covers with old songs that haven't been played in a while. Pretty simple way to make a set-list fresh.

Fuck no because everyone would request the shit songs and nobody would ask for ChiD

wait a minute ..the shit songs are ChiDem and anything post 91 with a few exceptions of SI's fuck you fest of an album.

I think we could all agree that if GNR "should" do something .. they "should" DO SOMETHING

Right Next Door To Hell, It's So Easy, Civil War feat. Duff, There Was A Time, Madagascar, Don't Damn Me, Cornshucker feat. Duff, One In A Million, You Could Be Mine feat. Duff for 3,5 hours please. Shotgun Blues for the 1st encore and 14 Years feat. Mr. Stradlin for the 2nd one. And I'd love to hear Don't Cry (alt. lyrics) and Oh My God for the 3rd encore and My World as the outro if they were never to return again.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.