Yup, this is my hometown....

Iron MikeyJ

Guest Len B'stard

I remember Flint Michigan chiefly because of an apparently very entertaining birthday party that Keith Moon had at the Holiday Inn there where upon he got ratted on Vodka, started a food fight, slipped in some cake, broke his two front teeth and drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool. Later, some prostitutes were involved. Remember i suppose is probably the wrong being that i was waywardly traversing my father scrotal sack at the time.

Edited by sugaraylen

I remember Flint Michigan chiefly because of an apparently very entertaining birthday party that Keith Moon had at the Holiday Inn there where upon he got ratted on Vodka, started a foodp fight, slipped in some cake, broke his two front teeth and drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool. Later, some prostitutes were involved. Remember i suppose is probably the wrong being that i was waywardly traversing my father scrotal sack at the time.

I know right where that Holiday inn is. Thats a popular local story.

Guest Len B'stard

I remember Flint Michigan chiefly because of an apparently very entertaining birthday party that Keith Moon had at the Holiday Inn there where upon he got ratted on Vodka, started a foodp fight, slipped in some cake, broke his two front teeth and drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool. Later, some prostitutes were involved. Remember i suppose is probably the wrong being that i was waywardly traversing my father scrotal sack at the time.

I know right where that Holiday inn is. Thats a popular local story.

Oh cool man, does it still have the massive sign like in the famous pic of Moonie?

moonbeing-moon.jpg

If i was ever there I'd go a copy photo of that!

Edited by sugaraylen

I think everyone is quite aware of Flint being a complete shithole. Hate to say it, but at some point you wonder if a city is beyond saving. Let it burn and rebuild.

e

Thats why all the smart people moved out of there, I live about 25 miles away now. Even though that may not seem like much, I'm out in the country, which is fine by me.

As far as burning it and starting over, sounds good but will never happen. But I gotta be honest, I did learn a lot about "street life" growing up there. It is without a doubt the ruffest city north of the Mexican border. By comparision, the "jungles" Axl wrote about are quite tame. New York, LA, Chicago, even Detroit doesn't have shit on the north end of Flint. Which thats the funny part about the pics in the article, there are PLENTY of worse areas then the ones they talked about.

BTW I'm not "braggin" about being from this tuff gangster city, so don't confuse that. I am just passing along an article I read about my hometown.

"The murder rate alone is higher than Baghdad's."

:drevil:

Unbelievable how run down a city can get. Has been a complete shithole for.... how long now?

since the auto industry went into the toilet. detroit and flint's only real industry was automotive, once that industry tanked it was the end of these cities. similar albeit on a much smaller scale like the towns in west virginia that relied on the coal industry.

the walking dead should film their.

It would be a brilliant idea honestly. Michigan has been trying really hard to bring the film industry here. To some reasonable success honestly. Every year a handful of movies are made in Michigan. But to my knowledge only roger and me and semi pro were actually shot in Flint. Well other than indie films most people have never heard of.

The problem with this though, the sections of Flint that look like a war zone, are REALLY dangerous. Especially to non African American folks. I don't say that to be "racists" or anything, its just true. There are areas mostly the north end and parts of the east side that "white" people should not go to at night. What makes it even worse is the police don't even dare to go to these areas. They just turn a blind eye to whatever goes on between the hours of 8 pm and 8 am.