Legal sale of recreational marijuana begins in Colo., first state to allow it

classicrawker

We don't have stores in Washington yet, it is legal to possess right now but it's known as having "magical weed." You cant get it legally anywhere but it's still legal. The initiative is being implemented by our state liquor control board, and considering we just privatized the sale of alcohol about a year ago, Im amazed it's moving along as well as it is.

I'd expect stores to be open around May, and prices are expected to be $9-12 per gram (current.medicinal prices), though since we're Washington.and.we suck, it will be taxed horribly.

Shit dude I can get 3.5 G for $20.00

40 for a quarter is nothing special.

50 for 3.5g and 100 for a Q where I'm from. An ounce is around 320 unless it's leafy and shitty.

Smoking regularly gets pretty expensive.

:wow:

Woah. The standard here is $25 for 3.5g, $50 for a /4. If I paid more than $200 for an oz I either went for really good shit or got really ripped off :lol:

Man some of you guys need new hook ups. Shit I pay $50 for 7~9 grams for homegrown premium stuff. 7 grams is regular, but every now and then he'll want to get rid of his "shake" and give me more for the same price.

But he is a friend that I've known for a long time.

Edited by Mike420

We don't have stores in Washington yet, it is legal to possess right now but it's known as having "magical weed." You cant get it legally anywhere but it's still legal. The initiative is being implemented by our state liquor control board, and considering we just privatized the sale of alcohol about a year ago, Im amazed it's moving along as well as it is.

I'd expect stores to be open around May, and prices are expected to be $9-12 per gram (current.medicinal prices), though since we're Washington.and.we suck, it will be taxed horribly.

Shit dude I can get 3.5 G for $20.00

40 for a quarter is nothing special.

50 for 3.5g and 100 for a Q where I'm from. An ounce is around 320 unless it's leafy and shitty.

Smoking regularly gets pretty expensive.

Crazy prices and yes it is an expensive habit.

And so it begins!........the dominoes begin to fall .............LOL at the signs at the Denver airport..........I can see this becoming Colorado's biggest export moving forward.............

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/legal-recreational-pot-sales-colo-article-1.1563331

Also legalization under way in Uruguay

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/uruguay-approves-world-national-market-legal-pot-article-1.1543967

So Axlisold what is the dealio in Washington State? can you legally buy there yet?

Probably a stupid question, but how does drug testing work now? If it's legal for recreational use, I'm assuming it's allowed to pop up in a drug test now, no?

I'm glad I am from Canada, we don't pry into personal lives.

They do drug testing only when applying for a job at a pharmaceutical company (usually American)

Man some of you guys need new hook ups. Shit I pay $50 for 7~9 grams for homegrown premium stuff. 7 grams is regular, but every now and then he'll want to get rid of his "shake" and give me more for the same price.

But he is a friend that I've known for a long time.

Who doesn't love a little "holiday deal"? :D Whenever my guy is trying to 'clear out stock' I get 7g for $40... he clears stock fairly regularly too actually :lol:

Drug testing is still at the discretion of the employer, regardless of legality of the drug. Hell there are companies that do tobacco testing. Also, pretty much any place that receives federal funding is a defnite no go for weed allowance.

Lol at this being a dick measuring contest for how much people pay for weed. It will be more expensive in a store than if you get it at home. I already gave examples, butchering your own cow is cheaper than going to a steakhouse, and yet steakhouses still exist. The point is that alcohol is looked at on a state level in Colorado and Washington as buying booze.

I held down a corporate job for a few months as an intern. You took a piss test and were hired on condition you passed. Once you passed, you were in. There was no more testing unless there was reason.

It was a desk job though. The chances of being tested were slim to none. I could see manual labor being tested more frequently though.

With that said I am seriously considering taking my last spring break in Colorado. Get all the potsmoking out before I have to find myself a real job.

The ignorance on CNN really bothers me.

1) A 2 year old was rushed into the ER because he or she digested a marijuana cookie. Most likely this was unnecessary and most likely it was negligence by the parents. This is no different than a 2 year old drinking a screw driver instead of orange juice because the parents got the drinks mixed up. It has happened.

2. The interviewer was concerned that the correspondent was high because he was reporting by marijuana plants. Really? You cannot tell me you got that job without a college degree. You can also not tell me you have not been around marijuana at least once or twice in your lifetime. Do people live under a rock and actually believe standing by pot plants gets you high?

This is why marijuana has been illegal for so long. The bullshit. The lies. The misleading. I am tired of it.

It's calls being responsible. No wonder our government treats its people like children.

Good for Colorado. I doubt Texas would ever pass a law to legalize pot.

sometimes I think it's the 1800's here instead of the 21 century. lol

No gay marriage and gov. Perry never takes any federal government aid and the schools are a mess.

It's really disrespectful to the people of Texas what the the state government does or doesn't do.

Good for Colorado. I doubt Texas would ever pass a law to legalize pot.

sometimes I think it's the 1800's here instead of the 21 century. lol

No gay marriage and gov. Perry never takes any federal government aid and the schools are a mess.

It's really disrespectful to the people of Texas what the the state government does or doesn't do.

SC sucks so bad too, I doubt we'll see legal pot. Georgia maybe. There was a town in Georgia who had a sheriff that kept busting pot farmers so the people fired him and elected a new sherriff that pledged to look the other way. Plus GA has atlanta.

I am too lazy to google it but hasn't the Justice Dept backed off hassling Ganja dispenceries? Not ot make this political but IMHO the only thing that can slow down legalization in other States is if a conservative Republican gets in the Whitehouse...........

And evidently things are not perfect yet in Colorado as demand is causing stores to limit amounts and price gouge b ut I imagine this will sort itself out as things settle down.......

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-02/surge-pricing-as-colorados-pot-sellers-open-for-business

I am too lazy to google it but hasn't the Justice Dept backed off hassling Ganja dispenceries? Not ot make this political but IMHO the only thing that can slow down legalization in other States is if a conservative Republican gets in the Whitehouse...........

And evidently things are not perfect yet in Colorado as demand is causing stores to limit amounts and price gouge b ut I imagine this will sort itself out as things settle down.......

Yes, you're right in that the White House, and particularly Eric Holder, the U.S. Attorney General, has indicated that we're going to see a different approach going forward, particularly with respect to states that have voted for the legalization on marijuana. Recent history perhaps suggest otherwise, especially when one considers federal prosecutions of grow-ops and retailers in California, but it will be interesting to see if the recent indications by federal officials will pan out.

My bet is that Obama's final three domestic policy goals for the remainder of his administration will be immigration, budget stability (ie. getting out from monthly budget and debt limit brinksmanships), and reforming U.S. drug policy with the goal of dismantling the 30 year war on drugs. Considering the war on drugs has had far greater effects on African Americans than any other race, it might be poetic for Obama to provide some level of relief to the group of supporters who have supported him the most.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-02/surge-pricing-as-colorados-pot-sellers-open-for-business

Thank God Obama kept his promise of not raiding medical dispensaries, except that his administration, despite assuring otherwise, had raided more in one term than both of GW's.

When we legalized it, Obama released a statement saying that they would in fact leave the stores alone, though his track record shows he's full of shit.

Pardon, he raided 10 less in one term than both of GW.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2013/07/08/Obama-Imprisons-80-More-Medical-Marijuana-Growers-Bush

Still full of shit.

Edited by AxlisOld

Anyone from Colorado here then? Picked up a bag or something maybe?

weed has just been legalized in colorado... and you're asking if someone from colorado is here ? LOL

Call me an old fart but I'd probably rather be on here than getting blazed. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

weed has just been legalized in colorado... and you're asking if someone from colorado is here ? LOL

Thats the thing about the posterity of the message board post is that it is preserved for whenever one of those mash-up bastards stumbles in here. Wonderful innit, miracle of technology!

Call me an old fart but I'd probably rather be on here than getting blazed. :lol:

You fucking knackered old fart :lol: