What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Anybody watch American Horror Story?

Started watching season one this week.....holy cow, it's pretty crazy.

I never watched it as I didn't think a PG horror series on tv would be able to keep up any kind of drama. But this show is pretty crazy so far.

Any fans?

I've watched every season. I like it well enough but every season seems to go on about 3 episodes too long. the second season is the best, in my opinion...but the new season is looking to be a contender

I've only watched the first four episodes.

Very curious to see how they keep the mayhem going for several seasons.

So far I'm really liking it.

Do you think the baby being kidnapped (with the ladder going up to his window) and the doctor being named Charles was just a coincidence or was it a nod to the Lindbergh kidnaping.

Every season is a different storyline. And the actors and actresses that do return play different characters season to season. The second season takes place in an asylum. The third season is set modern day and is about witches. The upcoming season is about a freakshow carnival.

I do think it was a nod to the Lindbergh kidnapping

Oh that's cool. I was wondering how they'd keep the same haunted house story going for years without it getting repetitive.

Thanks for the update, I look forward to gorging out on it the next couple months.

Wow, new Trailer Park Boys. I didn't realize it was already time! And Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I already got the movie on DVD, but whatever, don't have to get up to put it in now. Always a bonus... And I just keep getting lazier, hah.

Also, they finally brought back the changing landscape images in the 360/One Netflix app. Am I the only one that missed this feature?

I usually don't like 'girl' shows. But I'm really enjoying the series Once Upon a Time. I like fantasy

I never watched it as I didn't think a PG horror series on tv would be able to keep up any kind of drama. But this show is pretty crazy so far.

Any fans?

I've watched every season. I like it well enough but every season seems to go on about 3 episodes too long. the second season is the best, in my opinion...but the new season is looking to be a contender

Do you think the baby being kidnapped (with the ladder going up to his window) and the doctor being named Charles was just a coincidence or was it a nod to the Lindbergh kidnaping.

Every season is a different storyline. And the actors and actresses that do return play different characters season to season. The second season takes place in an asylum. The third season is set modern day and is about witches. The upcoming season is about a freakshow carnival.

Oh that's cool. I was wondering how they'd keep the same haunted house story going for years without it getting repetitive.

Thanks for the update, I look forward to gorging out on it the next couple months.

I LOVE American Horror Story!! I can't wait for the new season!!!

Any fans?

I meant to reply to you, I think I replied to myself... anyway, I love, love, love American Horror Story!! I've seen all three series and can't wait for the next!

• Like 3

Been watching "Trailer Park Boys" before I watch the final season. Man, it gets better every time I see it, haha.

Also saw this movie "Antisocial." It was pretty decent, although I can't recall the ending off the top of my head. I like what I can remember though, so I suppose that's a good sign? Heh.

I usually don't like 'girl' shows. But I'm really enjoying the series Once Upon a Time. I like fantasy

Any fans?

I LOVE American Horror Story!! I can't wait for the new season!!!

Any fans?

I meant to reply to you, I think I replied to myself... anyway, I love, love, love American Horror Story!! I've seen all three series and can't wait for the next!

I just saw the adspot for the next season. The one with the clown... I think I almost wet myself.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.
  • Like 2

Can anyone recommend a good 20-30 minunte TV show on Netflix? I feel like I've gone through all the good ones already.

What shows have you already seen and is there any particular type of genre you're looking for? Anything you already know you dislike?

I'm looking for any genre as long it's good. I'm willing to try anything out.

I've seen most of the cartoons on Netflix such as Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleavland Show, Codemonkeys, Adventure Time, and most of the Cartoon Network stuff I used to enjoy when I was younger.

Live action wise I've seen the I.T. Crowd (which I loved), Parks and Rec, The Office, both British and American, and other similar shows.

I guess I mainly just named comedies, it's just hard to come by another genre when the show length is only 20-30 minutes.

Edit: I might try the League and Trailer Park Boys.

Other shows I have already seen from Netflix: Workaholics

Edited by Ricky_Rose

Can anyone recommend a good 20-30 minunte TV show on Netflix? I feel like I've gone through all the good ones already.

What shows have you already seen and is there any particular type of genre you're looking for? Anything you already know you dislike?

I've seen most of the cartoons on Netflix such as Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleavland Show, Codemonkeys, Adventure Time, and most of the Cartoon Network stuff I used to enjoy when I was younger.

Live action wise I've seen the I.T. Crowd (which I loved), Parks and Rec, The Office, both British and American, and other similar shows.

I guess I mainly just named comedies, it's just hard to come by another genre when the show length is only 20-30 minutes.

Cartoon wise I'd recommend the Netflix original BoJack Horseman, and also the show Archer. Father of the Pride is also pretty funny, I think you might enjoy it. I like Bob's Burgers but I don't watch it all that often.

Live action wise: My Name is Earl, Raising Hope (although that one is iffy even for me), Wilfred and Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. Straying away from comedy a bit, Derek is a funny show but it can be downright depressing in some of its episodes. "The Haunting Hour" is kind of like Goosebumps but with better production value, and Amazing Stories is akin to Twilight Zone but with a more wide variety of themes, although some episodes go for an hour but most are half hour like what you want. Also, if it's your kind of show, Urban Legends is pretty good to kill some time.

Sorry if none of that is what you were looking for, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

• Like 1

Cartoon wise I'd recommend the Netflix original BoJack Horseman, and also the show Archer. Father of the Pride is also pretty funny, I think you might enjoy it. I like Bob's Burgers but I don't watch it all that often.

Live action wise: My Name is Earl, Raising Hope (although that one is iffy even for me), Wilfred and Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. Straying away from comedy a bit, Derek is a funny show but it can be downright depressing in some of its episodes. "The Haunting Hour" is kind of like Goosebumps but with better production value, and Amazing Stories is akin to Twilight Zone but with a more wide variety of themes, although some episodes go for an hour but most are half hour like what you want. Also, if it's your kind of show, Urban Legends is pretty good to kill some time.

Sorry if none of that is what you were looking for, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

I've seen Archer, Bob's Burgers, My Name is Earl and Wilfred. I've enjoyed them all.

I've seen BoJack Horseman on the Netflix homepage, but never gave it a chance. I'm going to check it out now.

Father of the Pride, Todd and the book of pure evil, and Derek all seem pretty interesting. I'm going to add them to my list. I'm also going to at least check out 1 episode of the other shows.

Thanks for all of the recomedations. I really apreciate it.

I've seen Archer, Bob's Burgers, My Name is Earl and Wilfred. I've enjoyed them all.

I've seen BoJack Horseman on the Netflix homepage, but never gave it a chance. I'm going to check it out now.

Father of the Pride, Todd and the book of pure evil, and Derek all seem pretty interesting. I'm going to add them to my list. I'm also going to at least check out 1 episode of the other shows.

Thanks for all of the recomedations. I really apreciate it.

It's a funny show, very dark in humor. I didn't think I'd enjoy it because I'm not the biggest Will Arnett fan, but it was very good.

No problem man, I enjoyed recommending them! :D Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Finished Trailer Park Boy's eighth season. It was hilarious, can't wait for the ninth to get here.

Also watched this 2010 movie "Bones." It had Zakk Wylde in it. Pretty good soundtrack, but that was about the only good thing about this movie. The story was stupid, the performances were weak, and the movie really just couldn't figure out what it wanted to be.

Watched this other movie called "Funeral Kings." It's your typical "kids go around doing adult stuff like swearing, drinking and smoking" movie, but it was pretty enjoyable.

Also saw "The Den," which is a pretty unique take on the found footage genre, if you can call it that. The ending implies found footage, but throughout the entire film it's more like "footage being recorded as actions take place." Pretty unique horror film, I really liked the ride. I thought the ending was going to suck, but amazingly it was good, too.

Sorry for the third post in a row now, but I just realized something awesome. They added "Jay and Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie," and the Christmas special of Trailer Park Boys. I had forgotten about the first one. Any good word on these titles? Regardless, I know what I'm watching tomorrow night.

Edit: And now my post total is three fives. I should play the lottery tomorrow, haha.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.

I know I'm behind, but I started Bojack Horseman today. Only one episode in so far, but it's hilarious.

I finished Freaks & Geeks earlier this week. It started out strong, and really just sort of fizzled out by the end IMO. By about episode 15 or 16, I was just really ready to be done with the series.

• Like 1

I know I'm behind, but I started Bojack Horseman today. Only one episode in so far, but it's hilarious.

I finished Freaks & Geeks earlier this week. It started out strong, and really just sort of fizzled out by the end IMO. By about episode 15 or 16, I was just really ready to be done with the series.

Bojack Horseman is probably my favorite Netflix original series right now. It got pretty depressing toward the end there, though, but still funny.

Finally got to watching "Jay and Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie." It was pretty funny, definitely had the View Askewniverse humor style to it. It called back to some old jokes a little too often, but it was still funny.

Bojack Horseman is probably my favorite Netflix original series right now. It got pretty depressing toward the end there, though, but still funny.

Finally got to watching "Jay and Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie." It was pretty funny, definitely had the View Askewniverse humor style to it. It called back to some old jokes a little too often, but it was still funny.

Just finished up the entire season of BoJack today. Loved it. The last couple of episodes were a bit depressing, but in a good way. The show has it flaws, but overall I really enjoyed it.

http://spoilers.netflix.com/spoil-yourself/

Just saw this on Reddit. It essentially shows you spoiler videos to really popular movies. It's random and shows you 1 spoiler clip at a time.

I want to avoid it, but I must keep watching it.

Just finished up the entire season of BoJack today. Loved it. The last couple of episodes were a bit depressing, but in a good way. The show has it flaws, but overall I really enjoyed it.

http://spoilers.netflix.com/spoil-yourself/

Just saw this on Reddit. It essentially shows you spoiler videos to really popular movies. It's random and shows you 1 spoiler clip at a time.

I want to avoid it, but I must keep watching it.

Glad to hear you liked at last one of my recommendations so far! Have you got a chance to check the others yet?

I checked out Father of the Pride but it just didn't work for me. On paper it seems like a show that I would enjoy. It's a cartoon with a lot of adult situations/humor, it stars John Goodman, and it's set in Vegas. I love all of those things, but I just couldn't get into the show.

I'm going to try Todd and the Book of Pure Evil next.

Ah, sucks to hear that, man. In a way I can relate. I remember when they first added it way back in 2012. I stayed up all night and watched all the episodes except the last, and then a few months down the road I watched a couple with my father. Haven't touched it since, but it still sits on my queue. I'm a self admitted queue hoarder though, haha.

Hope you enjoy Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. Speaking of which, I need to get back to it soon. I didn't get through the second season, not to disinterest but I just got distracted and still have yet to get into the right mood to properly enjoy it, y'know?