The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

RussTCB

Guest Len B'stard

He's unfunny as fuck. He's just like some kinda pandering babbling nerd that sounds like he's tripping over his own words. Was watching an interview with him and Keith Richards and ol' Keith can't get a fuckin' word in edgeways, it's like shut the fuck up man, whoose the interviewee here, you or him? There's a craft to interviews, to making people comfortable and open up to you and all that shit, this cunt just babbles.

Quite frankly a lot of these interviews around, American chat show ones are a load of shit. Leno, this cunt, Letterman etc. Letterman has the ability but he tries to be funnier than he is. I really like Craig Ferguson, he's really sharp. An older one that i really like is Dick Cavett.

• Like 2

He's unfunny as fuck. He's just like some kinda pandering babbling nerd that sounds like he's tripping over his own words. Was watching an interview with him and Keith Richards and ol' Keith can't get a fuckin' word in edgeways, it's like shut the fuck up man, whoose the interviewee here, you or him? There's a craft to interviews, to making people comfortable and open up to you and all that shit, this cunt just babbles.

Quite frankly a lot of these interviews around, American chat show ones are a load of shit. Leno, this cunt, Letterman etc. Letterman has the ability but he tries to be funnier than he is. I really like Craig Ferguson, he's really sharp. An older one that i really like is Dick Cavett.

Agreed 100%

The only guy I like is Conan. Hell what other talk show host would do this :lol:

I always liked Jimmy Fallon and I thought he did well.

I loved that his parents were in the audience supporting him.

The bit about a friend of his telling him he'd never host the Tonight Show was cute when all those celebrities including ex NYC Mayor Rudy G coming out to pay him the $100 bet they lost.

I think he'll do well.

Tonight's guest is Jerry Seinfeld, so I will be definitely be watching. I love him.

Jimmy Fallon is probably the only US talk show host I can stand watching, I like his genuine interest in every aspect of his show (including the guests). His passion for music is also lovely to see.

Conan, Letterman, Leno and Kimmel are all too fake for me and not funny in the slightest.

I'm of the opinion that Graham Norton is the best talk-show host out there right now.

• Like 2

I like Ferguson, Fallon, and Conan (probably in that order). Like Graham Norton, too. Have really only seen his interviews though with guests I search for on YouTube--don't know if he does or what his monologues, sketches, etc. are like. Not really a fan of Letterman, Kimmel, or Leno. Happy for Fallon in getting the Tonight Show. Hoping Ferguson takes over for Letterman once he retires.

Edited by ronaldo9

I think Craig is probably going to stay where he's at because he doesn't have competition. I mean you have Fallon, Kimmel, Conan, Arsenio, and Stewart/Colbert in the same time slot.

It's possible Jon Stewart could leave Comedy Central to join CBS. More money, a built in audience, that would be a pretty safe bet to go with.

What sucks is that the Late Night format sucks up so many good comedians and their careers. Conan, Fallon, Ferguson, could all be doing something better or more interesting.

But they're stuck in Late Night.

I was really hoping Conan would rock an entirely new format on TBS since he had the freedom and popularity to do any kind of TV show he wanted.

But no. Just another lame Late Night talk show.

I think Craig is probably going to stay where he's at because he doesn't have competition. I mean you have Fallon, Kimmel, Conan, Arsenio, and Stewart/Colbert in the same time slot.

It's possible Jon Stewart could leave Comedy Central to join CBS. More money, a built in audience, that would be a pretty safe bet to go with.

Seth Meyers is taking Fallon's old slot so he'll be Ferguson's direct competition in that time slot

Edited by axl666axl666

Agreed 100%

The only guy I like is Conan. Hell what other talk show host would do this :lol:

I love Conan so much. His remote segments are the stuff of legend. I put the Tonight Show Debacle squarely on NBC. Leno always had a strong lead in at 10 going through local news, and they had the awesome idea to have Leno be Conan's lead in. Ruined it.

I had honestly never heard Hunter S Thompson before, really makes me realize how bang on an impersonation Depp did.

Agreed 100%

I love Conan so much. His remote segments are the stuff of legend. I put the Tonight Show Debacle squarely on NBC. Leno always had a strong lead in at 10 going through local news, and they had the awesome idea to have Leno be Conan's lead in. Ruined it.

I had honestly never heard Hunter S Thompson before, really makes me realize how bang on an impersonation Depp did.

Depp lived with him for a few weeks to get it right.

Guest Len B'stard

I don't even think it's just for the role, if you listen to Johnny now he actually talks like Hunter all the time, even uses his phrases and vocal ticks and everything, it's kinda odd actually.