Guardians of the Galaxy - First Full Length Trailer

The Sandman

"'Guardians' is right up there with the very best Marvel has made--bold, brash, fast-paced and action-packed, not to mention the funniest blockbuster in ages." - IGN

"Overall, the writers have crafted a well-articulated universe with distinct settings and relatable, compelling characters devoted to a thrilling quest for redemption." - The Hollywood Reporter

"I don’t think I’ve seen a more enjoyable, exciting, and FUNNY sci-fi movie, maybe ever." - Nerdist

"Take the Dirty Dozen, subtract the Magnificent Seven, and you'll roughly get the membership of 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' a surprisingly winning space-faring adventure with a group of Marvel Comics characters led by Chris Pratt in a breakout action-lead performance." - The Wrap

"It's a scrappy, smart-alecky space opera with a heart, and probably the most fun to be had in a movie theater this summer." - The Oregonian

"The unexpected, the eccentric and a very welcome sense of joy are experienced in practically every scene, but they're grounded in smart, winking humanity...even from the rodents and plants. It's a spectacularly entertaining space opera and a guffaw-worthy comedy. It's a thoroughly pleasing ensemble piece with a great cast, amazing visual effects and exciting action. It's certainly one of Marvel's best movies, and quite possibly their most fun." - Crave Online

"It’s a big call, but I'm happy to make it: 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' is the best Marvel movie made to date. It has more laughs, more action, more pew-pew and more story than any film before it in the Marvel universe." - Gizmodo Australia

"[Director James Gunn] succeeds brilliantly, establishing the team and crafting a rollicking adventure movie that veers between origin story, heist flick, and epic space fantasy, with plenty of humour thrown in. On top of all that, each of the members gets enough focus to establish their histories and personalities in viewers' minds, without resorting to lazy exposition. It's a remarkable achievement." - Wired.co.uk

"['Guardians of the Galaxy'] is a weird, wonderful and wildly surprising sci-fi that if not the year's best blockbuster, could at least end up being 2014's most fun." - Total Film

:headbang:

• Like 1

I want to see this in IMAX but if I talk people into seeing it tonight I won't be able to see it in that format. So, see it tonight in regular theater or wait and see it in IMAX when I can?

I'd love to see this in IMax but all the showings are in IMax 3D and I fucking hate 3D! <_<

I want to see this in IMAX but if I talk people into seeing it tonight I won't be able to see it in that format. So, see it tonight in regular theater or wait and see it in IMAX when I can?

I read a review in the paper today (4 1/2 out of 5 stars)..at the end the article the reporter said "see this in IMAX 3D if you can, it absolutely blows the regular 3D screening out of the water".

• Like 1

After the credits, the appearance that happens

Howard The Duck
had a couple of people at my screening freaking out.
"That totally ruined the movie".

Wut? :confused: The reaction for the most part was very positive.

The one guy was having a fanboy freakout about it...very pissed off.

I thought it was pretty cool. :shrugs:

Howard The Duck

I gotta admit, I'm kinda pissed about this as well. (You know who) is the WORST Marvel character ever imo. He had his movie, heck I even like/liked that movie, but if they bring him into the MCU as an important character is a HUGE mistake imo. He IS the Jar Jar Binks of the MCU, that's just how I feel.

But...

If they just did this to lead into a solo movie (for you know who, trying not to spoil it), that has NOTHING to do with the Infinity Guantlet story line, then that's ok imo. But if they bring this guy into the overall story, they just made a HUGE mistake. You can't have Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Cap, the guardians of the galaxy, Dr. Strange, Adam Warlock, and (you know who) fighting Thanos. That would just be rediculous, besides they already have enough talking animals, how many do they really need? He adds NOTHING to that battle, unless they kill him off.

Howard The Duck

I gotta admit, I'm kinda pissed about this as well. (You know who) is the WORST Marvel character ever imo. He had his movie, heck I even like/liked that movie, but if they bring him into the MCU as an important character is a HUGE mistake imo. He IS the Jar Jar Binks of the MCU, that's just how I feel.

But...

If they just did this to lead into a solo movie (for you know who, trying not to spoil it), that has NOTHING to do with the Infinity Guantlet story line, then that's ok imo. But if they bring this guy into the overall story, they just made a HUGE mistake. You can't have Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Cap, the guardians of the galaxy, Dr. Strange, Adam Warlock, and (you know who) fighting Thanos. That would just be rediculous, besides they already have enough talking animals, how many do they really need? He adds NOTHING to that battle, unless they kill him off.

I think people are reading too much into it tbh.

From the opening scene it was clear that this movie was touting a cheeky, playful (if not wry) sense of humour.

Tongue was planted firmly in cheek in a very genuous way. I think that humour carried through to the scene at the end of the credits

To me, it was a lighthearted acknowledgement of the, um, fiasco that HtD ultimately was. As if, that was the fate he deserved, a trophy in "the collection".

Sort of a nudge nudge wink wink joke, you know? It don't think it had any more relevance than did the Avengers eating Shawarma.

I would be very surprised if it goes any further than that, but it absolutely did not ruin the movie.

Howard The Duck

But...

I think people are reading too much into it tbh.

From the opening scene it was clear that this movie was touting a cheeky, playful (if not wry) sense of humour.

Tongue was planted firmly in cheek in a very genuous way. I think that humour carried through to the scene at the end of the credits

To me, it was a lighthearted acknowledgement of the, um, fiasco that HtD ultimately was. As if, that was the fate he deserved, a trophy in "the collection".

Sort of a nudge nudge wink wink joke, you know? It don't think it had any more relevance than did the Avengers eating Shawarma.

I would be very surprised if it goes any further than that, but it absolutely did not ruin the movie.

Completely agree. Assumed it was an extremely tongue in cheek reference - and I doubt it'll be taken further.