Best Live performance of Better?

The 6.11.06 Download show where he pitched a fit.

He had just blasted his backstage people over an internal mic (which can be heard on audio bootlegs) and was all but ready to storm off the stage.

If you watch the video, he looks pissed at the fucking world and does not move, just stands there and sings.

And consequently, his vocals on the tune are great.

I really like Inland Invasion and AC 2012.

Only problem I have with 2010-2012 performances is up until that Finck 2012 gig, he sang the "I only wanted you to see things for yourself" bit in a weird way.

This one's cool, London 2010 was bit too raspy.

RIR :awesomeface:

But seriously. This one is my favorite (in my unbiased, not-just-because-I-was-there opinion)

Damn, that's an ever better Better than I got at AC! And he sings the "I only wanted you to see things for yourself" bit just like on the album, unlike at AC and late 2010! Guess this was the first gig he went back to singing it that way.

Definitely not Rock Am Ring - he sounded winded for most of it, and he was really struggling to find the pitch at the end. On the plus side, he killed it in the breakdown - probably the best version of the breakdown I can think of.

I'm leaning towards Philly or LA '06.

RIR :awesomeface:

But seriously. This one is my favorite (in my unbiased, not-just-because-I-was-there opinion)

Damn, that's an ever better Better than I got at AC! And he sings the "I only wanted you to see things for yourself" bit just like on the album, unlike at AC and late 2010! Guess this was the first gig he went back to singing it that way.

Knocked me flat on my fucking ass. The whole breakdown was phenomenal. Axl was standing right over me...hypnotizing.

What Rock am ring does have going for it is that Axl oozes the epitome of being a rockstar in that video.

Glasses, jacket and attitude. Meets fans, has passion in his voice, sings from the heart...and of course the pro shot camera work. Someone asks for a good example of new GNR of what Axl is like, you show them Jungle and better from RAR.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

Is there a better from the hiro ballroom anywhere? He sounded pretty bad ass at that show as far as 2012 performances gohttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7kCgxEMd9U

Nah, never played at any of the surprise shows, and the only acoustic ones we got were from Bridge School...

Ahh that will be wby i couldn't find it then.

Fuckin bridge school let me down. Was convincing my mrs Axl sounds better since Rio11, then when bridge popped up on youtube we watched it together. I had this smug look on my face that it was going to be epic...... i ended up being ashamed.

Is there a better from the hiro ballroom anywhere? He sounded pretty bad ass at that show as far as 2012 performances gohttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7kCgxEMd9U

Nah, never played at any of the surprise shows, and the only acoustic ones we got were from Bridge School...

Ahh that will be wby i couldn't find it then.

Fuckin bridge school let me down. Was convincing my mrs Axl sounds better since Rio11, then when bridge popped up on youtube we watched it together. I had this smug look on my face that it was going to be epic...... i ended up being ashamed.

Yeah, I thought with the long break he'd have time to improve since the European Tour 2012. Tbf, he does sound genuinely sick there, but the rest of 2012/2013 wasn't that great, either. Can't believe how great Axl sounds in these Philly and Hiro Ballroom videos, there were some gems in early 2012.

Just watched this from 2013...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OIAGVaPUtD0

Its probably one of the worst I've heard and a step down from 12 standards. Quite worrying. I hope Axl manages to keep his health in check and bring his A game this year.

I thought that was pretty good vocally, rasp where it's needed, clean voice isn't bad. It's the physical performance that is a drop from '12, and a huge drop from '10, he's just kind of walking around for the most part. He also half does the "I never wanted you to be frightened of yourself" in the weird way he did it for a bit in late '10 and early '12, but overall it's not a bad performance, certainly not the worst.

Though obviously I hope he does better in Buenos Aires :D

Edited by Amir