Dizzy Reed says the current GNR line-up is better than the original

Guest NGOG

The guys haven't even been able to prove that they are close to on par as the original outfit as a writing machine. The original band was hungry, this band is... take it or leave it, it's up to Axl to make our plans... Where the old band seemed to have more of a bond and take initiative. Sadly DJ Ashba has seemed to be the only one voicing, hey Axl, I wrote 12 songs for you, I write 24/7.

Dizzy's been saying this ever since MTV and Kurt Loder did the interview with him and Buckethead in 2002.

Every time it's a different incarnation of NuGNR.. it's the best band he's ever been in. We know this.

I find it funny that you guys can't accept his opinion that he likes this line-up better than the UYI line-up that arguably broke up the band.

It's not an opinion. In every lineup change, he says it is the best band he's ever been. It's a matter of keeping his job. I'd do the same thing probably.

I find it funny that you guys can't accept his opinion that he likes this line-up better than the UYI line-up that arguably broke up the band.

It's not an opinion. In every lineup change, he says it is the best band he's ever been. It's a matter of keeping his job. I'd do the same thing probably.

Find me this a quote from 2002 and 2006 (which is practically the same lineup) and I'll donate 15 likes a day to your posts for a month.

Too bad he was asked specifically about the original lineup. You know, what everyone except the crazies on the forums consider the original lineup

Find me this a quote from 2002 and 2006 (which is practically the same lineup) and I'll donate 15 likes a day to your posts for a month.

It's a very tempeting offer but I'm just too lazy to do it. But yeah he says the same thing about every lineup, except the old ones of course.

Too bad he was asked specifically about the original lineup. You know, what everyone except the crazies on the forums consider the original lineup
His answer was about GNR, not just the AFD lineup (which he wasn't even a part of). And PC said that Dizzy says this about all lineups so I'd like to see these quotes too.

Please don't make this another nutter/worshipper fight as it's been pretty good here lately. I just think Dizzy's comments are being taken out of context.

Edited by Coma16

His answer was about GNR, not just the AFD lineup (which he wasn't even a part of). And PC said that Dizzy says this about all lineups so I'd like to see these quotes too.

Please don't make this another nutter/worshipper fight as it's been pretty good here lately. I just think Dizzy's comments are being taken out of context.

Dude, STFU with your nutter/worshiper shit. I was correcting an inaccuracy.

The most ridiculous thing about his answer is how predictable the question is. He knows damn well people are going to ask him to compare the bands, so take 5 minutes to come up with a stock answer that respects all the lineups and doesn't make you look like Axl's retarded lapdog. Simple.

I think Dizzy gave a very professional answer and that's it. He won't say he prefers the AFD lineup. I'm sure he takes care not to even mention Slash's name. We all would do the same thing, unless you want to quit your job and make your boss very angry...

You didn't correct any inaccuracies though.

It's a very tempeting offer but I'm just too lazy to do it. But yeah he says the same thing about every lineup, except the old ones of course.

Convenient answer :)

Jesus fucking Christ.

G1 - But which band is better: the current or the original ?

Dizzy Reed - The current Guns is one of the best formations that the band ever had. We have three guitar players who are among the best in the world and a monstrous rhythm section . If I had to vote, i would vote on current formation .

Jesus fucking Christ.

G1 - But which band is better: the current or the original ?

Dizzy Reed - The current Guns is one of the best formations that the band ever had. We have three guitar players who are among the best in the world and a monstrous rhythm section . If I had to vote, i would vote on current formation .

In his opinion the current line is the best (not sure what that means in this context, maybe stable?) they've EVER had. Once again, I'm not sure why people are all up and arms over this. They've played around the world a few times over the past 5 years with very little issue and he's happy about it. He also thinks his guitarists are amazing.

But once again, if anyone can back up PC's claim I'd like to see it.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=30945

What is your opinion about the new Guns N’ Roses?

"I think in a lot of ways its a better band than the old band. the best band… the lineup that we had in 2002 is the best band that I ever played with. [i chime in: "in terms of technical skill?"] skill.. and yea… the whole performance- everything."

:rofl-lol:

Why has Axl’s voice changed so much between the Use Your Illusion tours and the 2001/2002 tours?

I don’t think he has personally. I think he still sounds like Axl still. I think that its better… stronger… he’s not having to compete with amps that are thousand [?..] so… that makes it easier, heh.

• Like 2

http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=30945

What is your opinion about the new Guns N Roses?

"I think in a lot of ways its a better band than the old band. the best band the lineup that we had in 2002 is the best band that I ever played with. [i chime in: "in terms of technical skill?"] skill.. and yea the whole performance- everything."

Why has Axls voice changed so much between the Use Your Illusion tours and the 2001/2002 tours?

I dont think he has personally. I think he still sounds like Axl still. I think that its better stronger hes not having to compete with amps that are thousand [?..] so that makes it easier, heh.

Nice find. So Dizzy's opinion is that the 2002 lineup is more technically skilled compared to previous lineups he's played with.