Dizzy Reed says the current GNR line-up is better than the original

Guest NGOG

So Dizzy's opinion is that the 2002 lineup is more technically skilled compared to previous lineups he's played with.

No, no. Read it again. The interviewer tries to give him that out and Dizzy rejects it, saying, "and yeah, the whole performance - everything."

• Like 1

So Dizzy's opinion is that the 2002 lineup is more technically skilled compared to previous lineups he's played with.

No, no. Read it again. The interviewer tries to give him that out and Dizzy rejects it, saying, "and yeah, the whole performance - everything."

Opinions are like assholes I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZt-5sXlFw0

Tacoma 2002 - Report.
Dizzy: "....it's the best band i've been in!"

and i'm hell sure he also said it 2006-2010 aswell. and now again. add his HOF interview a few weeks before the show "it will be great with all of us there!" (or similar)......and you know with what a whimp you're dealing with.

eh....and right after his words you're hearing Mickey Axl :lol:

Alright, we should all just acknowledge that Dizzy is repeating the company line. Dizzy likes his job, he wants to keep getting paid, and so he'll say whatever it takes to keep that job.

Dizzy would declare this current lineup to be the best NBA team since the '77 Lakers if that would make Axl happy.

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 1

But this band hasn't released any music yet...........I'll wait until they do before declaring them the better than the bands that delivered Appetite, Lies and the Illusions to us.

Alright, we should all just acknowledge that Dizzy is repeating the company line. Dizzy likes his job, he wants to keep getting paid, and so he'll say whatever it takes to keep that job.

Dizzy would declare this current lineup to be the best NBA team since the '77 Lakers if that would make Axl happy.

But this band hasn't released any music yet...........I'll wait until they do before declaring them the better than the bands that delivered Appetite, Lies and the Illusions to us.

7 of 8 current members were in the last studio release.

But once again, if anyone can back up PC's claim I'd like to see it.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=30945

What is your opinion about the new Guns N’ Roses?

"I think in a lot of ways its a better band than the old band. the best band… the lineup that we had in 2002 is the best band that I ever played with. [i chime in: "in terms of technical skill?"] skill.. and yea… the whole performance- everything."

:rofl-lol:

Why has Axl’s voice changed so much between the Use Your Illusion tours and the 2001/2002 tours?

I don’t think he has personally. I think he still sounds like Axl still. I think that its better… stronger… he’s not having to compete with amps that are thousand [?..] so… that makes it easier, heh.

:rofl-lol:

Owned.

Anyone remember many years ago when myspace was popular and Dizzy made a post on his page that he was looking for a cheap one room to rent in West Hollywood? We didn't know it at the time, but it must have been after his wife found out about his fling and impregnation of the groupie, and he apparently needed a place to crash. We wondered why he didn't just pop on over to Axl's estate. Even if he could have put up a tent in the corner of the tennis court, it seems like a much better alternative. Surely Axl would have welcomed him to his home, or at the very least, his backyard.

Anyway, I digress...It's great that Dizzy speaks so highly of the band. I can't imagine where he would be without it.

I can't blame Dizzy for what he says at all. Without Guns he'd be reduced to playing dive bars, frat parties, weddings and bowling alleys.

Did somebody say ribfest?

I can't blame Dizzy for what he says at all. Without Guns he'd be reduced to playing dive bars, frat parties, weddings and bowling alleys.

Did somebody say ribfest?

You really think that if Axl's band wasn't called "Guns N' Roses" he'd still be able to book Madison Square Garden? Hell, he'd be playing shittier venues then Slash (and for all of you who think for some reason that Slash's tours consist of "dive bars, frat parties, weddings, and bowling alleys," you clearly have no idea where Slash is actually playing, my sig should be able to help you with, and :o "GNR" is actually scheduled soon to play a venue which Slash and his band played last summer).

Anyone remember many years ago when myspace was popular and Dizzy made a post on his page that he was looking for a cheap one room to rent in West Hollywood? We didn't know it at the time, but it must have been after his wife found out about his fling and impregnation of the groupie, and he apparently needed a place to crash. We wondered why he didn't just pop on over to Axl's estate. Even if he could have put up a tent in the corner of the tennis court, it seems like a much better alternative. Surely Axl would have welcomed him to his home, or at the very least, his backyard.

Anyway, I digress...It's great that Dizzy speaks so highly of the band. I can't imagine where he would be without it.

Can somebody catch me to speed on this? What in the absolute fuck...? :lol:

7 of 8 current members were in the last studio release.

The one that came out over five years ago?

You do realize that Frank and BBF just played parts that were already written, and at most they might have tweaked them a bit. Right?

You do realize that CD featured more of Fink and Bucket than BBF. Right?

You do realize that this entire topic is about Dizzy saying that THIS CURRENT BAND is the best GnR line-up of all time. Right? It's funny how you pick the weirdest little side things to harp on instead of just talking about the actual topic. You weren't Soulmonster or MSL in an alt-account, were you?

So instead of nit-picking, why not just stick to the actual topic????

In reference to what Dizzy said, which is what this topic is all about..............my statement is 100% accurate. I haven't heard an album, heck, I haven't heard ONE song that this current band has created. Until I hear music created by the current band, I can't say if they are the best line-up of GnR ever. Dizzy might be right. Maybe he has heard a couple albums worth of material written by the current band, and this band is in fact better than the line-up that created Appetite. But you and I - we haven't heard those songs yet. Not even one of them. So how can I judge which band is better?

Good interview.

Dizzy's right about "tinkering leads to more hits" part. TWAT and Catcher for example, sounds infinitely better than their demo versions.

SOD the only song on the album that turned out worse than the demo.

Good interview.

Dizzy's right about "tinkering leads to more hits" part. TWAT and Catcher for example, sounds infinitely better than their demo versions.

SOD the only song on the album that turned out worse than the demo.

Wrong - Catcher sounds infinitely worse on the album than the demo.