Dizzy Reed says the current GNR line-up is better than the original

Guest NGOG

If they really want people to believe it they need to prove it - enough with the bullshit excuses 'It isn't the right time' or 'it's hard to get us all together in a studio' - if this band is so good then it shouldn't be a problem getting into the studio and recording (or in worse case scenario re-recording over Bucket and Robins parts), or even mailing tracks to each other to work on separately and getting it released.

but truth is, it's no where near the best line up... IMO it's by far the weakest, in every aspect. But Dizzy has just gotta say that line every time he gets asked. Simple as.

http://g1.globo.com/musica/noticia/2014/03/tecladista-do-guns-n-roses-diz-que-formacao-atual-e-melhor-que-original.html

ROUGH TRANSLATION:

At the age of 50, 24 working in Guns , Dizzy says that playing is a matter of " survival." " I don't know anything else to do ," he says . The musician defends the Axl Rose's creative process , which took 15 years to release the album " Chinese Democracy " : "Worth the wait " he says.

Dizzy admits that today Guns is the "Axl's band " . With no original members as the guitarrists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, the keyboardist has no doubt that the control is in singer's hands. But sees no problem : "I'm sure Axl has always taken the correct decisions."

G1 - What is the difference on Guns from beginning to today?

Dizzy Reed - Were different people . Had an energy that came from the streets , in the 80's . When you join a band, there's such a " Musketeers " mentality , as a family . When I joined , Guns was already famous . There is a bit of the original energy, but not everyone came from that era . It's the same, but different.

G1 - But which band is better: the current or the original ?

Dizzy Reed - The current Guns is one of the best formations that the band ever had. We have three guitar players who are among the best in the world and a monstrous rhythm section . If I had to vote, i would vote on current formation .

G1 - Guns has already recorded new songs that remains unreleased ?

Dizzy Reed - We have recorded many songs . I don't know if we have anything finalized . But there's a lot out there that i hope that comes out soon . The sound comes from different places and the mixture turns on Guns N 'Roses . The lyrics are from Axl . For me , the inspiration comes from survival.

G1 - Survival in what sense ?

Dizzy Reed - The band is my survival , I don't know anything else to do . I look back and think, ' What could I do? ' When you start playing , you don't know how long it will last. And then one day you will wake up with the kids all grown up . I can't resolve to be something different now . Archaeologist, airline pilot ... No. I love what I do . And I have to do this.

G1 - In ' Chinese Democracy ' , you co-wrote for the first time. How is working with Axl ? By his delay time must be hard ...

Dizzy Reed - He doesn't give up making music in the best possible way. Many people make the mistake of saying [ carelessly ] : " This is what we have , let's record , I wrote this, so it's good ." These people will have at most just one hit . But axl works hard to do his best, whether in an album or a concert . He made ​​me better in these things . He leads the creative process at a high level . Ideas come and go and he is focused on what happens . He encourages everyone to participate. I wish that the recording don't takes so long, but it worth the wait .

G1 - Are you the oldest besides Axl . How you remained all these years in this band when so many people get in and out?

Dizzy Reed - You should ask them ( laughs ) . I never wanted to leave , and i was lucky to have other works too . I feel I belong to the band today , and never had any reason to go. I love the band. What else?

G1 - Guns is now seen as the 'Axl's band' . You have voice or he controls everything ?

Dizzy Reed - We have voice , but it's certainly Axl's band . No doubt on this . But it's a real band , and I'm lucky to be in it .

G1 - This control is different from the beginning ?

Dizzy Reed - Yes , today the band is certainly more on his control. But i'm sure Axl has always taken the right decisions for the band .

Dizzy- an example of your brain on drugs. Wow.

Heres a hypothetical translation .. its the between the lines... its what didnt get said explicitly that helps the mega fan get the gist of Dizzy and this interview.

Its a matter of survival...or ...This is my gravytrain job.. work like 8 weeks out of a decade in the studio and tour from time to time to play the role.

since we dont really have a sense of direction and the easy life has utterly ruined the street credibility of this bands chief lyricist and what ever GNR had to say that was important was said 25 years ago.. i can coast in from here having contributed very little to the world of music.. but hey the hookers and blow was AMAZING and being a mouthpiece for the status quo is a freebie on me.

OR

Of course I wont come right out and say it but it goes like this: Duff and Slash and Izzy didnt see having a full time Keyboardist as regular full time member as being nessessary.. so AXL threw his tantrums and got his way and here I am almost 30 years later still leeching the GNR fame and fortune. Of course Im not going to say anything about the appeal, the creativity and the history making that really made my gravytrain of a job relevant. You will never have me say the old band was better ...but the old band somehow did make the world stand up and notice. Yeah it saddens me that CD came and went and it really kind of sucked balls in a way that is hard to describe but at this stage of the game my accountant says.. Dizzy you milk that cow for all its worth because otherwise you might have to get a real job. Real job?

• Like 1

Haha Dizzy you funny guy. I seem to recall the old band had a guitar player who was arguably one fo the best of all time and a monster rhythm section as well and they had a singer that fucking kicked ass, not this shell of a frontman you have now. The new band is better than the old band. Talk about a man talking for a paycheck. Pathetic.

G1 - But which band is better: the current or the original ?

Dizzy Reed - The current Guns is one of the best formations that the band ever had. We have three guitar players who are among the best in the world and a monstrous rhythm section . If I had to vote, i would vote on current formation .

Less is more.

Yup, definitely not kissing ass, I bet he could sell out arenas with his solo act:

:headbang:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
The funny thing is that this performance is more enjoyable than current incarnation of Axl's band
This. Not to mention you wouldn't get Bad Obsession from Mr. Appetite for Chinese food because there's no such thing as the Illusion albums.

He's probably a conformist, but not a loser by any means.

Loser is a harsh term. But definitely someone without integrity and without a set of balls to truly express and be truthful to himself.

Yes definitely. A guy that's happy at his job and prefers a drama free workplace is absolutely nothing but a nutless wonder. Everybody knows that it was way better when Axl and Slash wouldn't talk to each other and when Bucket wouldn't play outside of a chicken coup and Tommy was picking on everybody. How dare Dizzy? Fuck him.

He's probably a conformist, but not a loser by any means.

Loser is a harsh term. But definitely someone without integrity and without a set of balls to truly express and be truthful to himself.

Yes definitely. A guy that's happy at his job and prefers a drama free workplace is absolutely nothing but a nutless wonder.

Glad we agree on something :)