Dizzy Reed says the current GNR line-up is better than the original

Guest NGOG

Dizzy's been in the band 2nd longest and has all of two writing credits - the 3 great guitarists only have playing credits on 3 songs (BBF) and 5 songs respectively (Fortus) -

Dizzy please, get your head out of Axl's ass

Unfortunately BBF played on more than 3 tracks on CD, if memory serves - CD, Shacklers, Better, Street of Dreams, Catcher, Scrapped, Rhiad & IRS - probably more, don't have booklet in front of me.
He plays on every song on the album.

Just tell me one song the whole band wrote together as a unit w this lineup?
Why would you think that I would be able to tell you that? What inside sources do you falsely assume that I have?

Dizzy's been in the band 2nd longest and has all of two writing credits - the 3 great guitarists only have playing credits on 3 songs (BBF) and 5 songs respectively (Fortus) -

Unfortunately BBF played on more than 3 tracks on CD, if memory serves - CD, Shacklers, Better, Street of Dreams, Catcher, Scrapped, Rhiad & IRS - probably more, don't have booklet in front of me.
Why would you think that I would be able to tell you that? What inside sources do you falsely assume that I have?

was a rhetorical question since they ain't got jack shit written together

Don't ask me theoretical questions if you already have an answer. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Don't ask me theoretical questions if you already have an answer. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sorry to take u away from your delusions

Sorry to take u away from your delusions

Maybe you should look up the definition of "delusions" so next time you can use it in a sentence correctly.

Maybe it's me - but I think anyone who thinks this lineup is better than the original is full of delusions - especially having no music under there belt as a band - so keep clinging to them

It is you, because you're going to have a very difficult time finding a post where I said the current lineup is better than the old band. Next time you should say "I'm delusional!" because you could finally use it correctly in a sentence and your mother would be proud.

Well, it's nice to hear someone is happy being in GNR these days.

As for which GNR band is better, I don't think that's a fair question. The original band was one of a kind awesome. It came at the right time to change the face and course of rock music.

Now I think GNR's members are older and hopefully wiser and not hungry like they were back in the 80's. I think they are at a good place in their lives now.

The 3 times I've seen the new GNR I could feel the energy and see how much fun they were having on stage. I think that's important to enjoy what you do.

As for writing, I'm not surprised Axl writes the lyrics. I just wish we could hear the songs he's written. It would be a shame not to release anything new Axl has written and this new band has helped create.

I think the key thing here is "I don't know if we have anything finished" if he's saying that now, just before opening night I would probably get my hopes right back down. The society of secrets remains secret - keep it secret, keep it safe.

I think the key thing here is "I don't know if we have anything finished" if he's saying that now, just before opening night I would probably get my hopes right back down. The society of secrets remains secret - keep it secret, keep it safe.

There is no secret. Axl is crazy and doesn't have a plan. If he'll feel like it, you'll get more unreleased stuff. Until then, he'll just tour some more, write and record in his home or wherever the fuck and we won't get anything except maybe leaks.