March 25th, 2014 - Brasilia, Brazil

Black Sabbath

Just listen to the crowd in these videos! The person recording them is sitting

or standing very far from the stage and the people around him/her are still

going wild. Those people really sound like they are having some of the best

hours of their lives. That is something and worth the trouble of touring.

What other moments in life are there when one can be so excited?

Getting a new job with a higher pay, a bad boss changing company,

a mother/father-in-law moving further away...

Axl sounds just fine to me in these. It is his clear voice, not the Mickey voice

or the sick throat voice. When it is fine in Youtube it usually means great live.

That jungle was great and the crowd were insane. Was like that at hammersmith in london my first show, but the venue is much smaller. Ive never seen a whole arena that into it.

Kinda see why theres no need to debut new material.

Fair enough people moaning about the vocals.. the thing that bothers me from what i've seen so far, is just how much the songs have changed. Jungle's got bongo drums, and the Guitar work is a total mish mash of bits, some new, some cover. It's like they've lost sight of how good the song once sounded..

When I hear Slash and his band play (for example) Civil War, I can't help but be reminded of what we are missing out on.

Fair enough people moaning about the vocals.. the thing that bothers me from what i've seen so far, is just how much the songs have changed. Jungle's got bongo drums, and the Guitar work is a total mish mash of bits, some new, some cover. It's like they've lost sight of how good the song once sounded..

When I hear Slash and his band play (for example) Civil War, I can't help but be reminded of what we are missing out on.

I think Myles sounds like a dying cat on Civil War. IMO, he really butchers most of the GnR material.

But as for the original stuff they do together, I think he does a really great job. Anastasia is as good as any rock song that I've heard in the last couple of years. And I can't even imagine what Axl would sound like trying to sing that song.

Point being that each singer is one of the best at doing their own styles.

Have you been watching the youtube videos that Slash has been releasing during the recording of their new album? That's one of the things I think that his band and management team is WAY ahead of the game as compared to Axl and Beta. They treat every song like it's a top secret military affair....meanwhile, Slash is letting people watch him and his band record an album.

Well that's boredom. These employees are bored to death with covering the actual band's music note for note, so they "improve" upon them by adding bongos or shredding tunelessly. And Axl doesn't care, so whatever.

I think Myles sounds like a dying cat on Civil War. IMO, he really butchers most of the GnR material.

But as for the original stuff they do together, I think he does a really great job. Anastasia is as good as any rock song that I've heard in the last couple of years. And I can't even imagine what Axl would sound like trying to sing that song.

Point being that each singer is one of the best at doing their own styles.

Have you been watching the youtube videos that Slash has been releasing during the recording of their new album? That's one of the things I think that his band and management team is WAY ahead of the game as compared to Axl and Beta. They treat every song like it's a top secret military affair....meanwhile, Slash is letting people watch him and his band record an album.

Or Metallica's interaction with their fanbase, which is to be applauded.

I must clarify that I'm not a Myles fan at all (didn't enjoy VR either)...what I was getting at is that nobody plays the material like the originals, and I was in this case lamenting Slash's absence.

edit: not sure if it's just the shitty recording, but Frank lets the ass fall out of YCBM a few times there...

Edited by DR DOOM

And yet, the Slash section remains dead. Curious.

Lol where is the correlation? Not everyone putting Axl down over his voice is a Slashite man. Some of us are just very disappointed and frustrated that Axl sounds like utter garbage. If he isn't going to put out a new record and isn't going to play new songs live, fine. But at least sound good for your fans who see or want to see you live. I know I won't be going to see Guns again unless there are significant changes in his voice...

• Like 1

Lol where is the correlation? Not everyone putting Axl down over his voice is a Slashite man. Some of us are just very disappointed and frustrated that Axl sounds like utter garbage. If he isn't going to put out a new record and isn't going to play new songs live, fine. But at least sound good for your fans who see or want to see you live. I know I won't be going to see Guns again unless there are significant changes in his voice...

Way to take what I said out of context. I was responding to what ProstituteComa said, which was the post directly preceding mine. That's the correlation, slick. Nice try though. You do realize people can click on that little thing on the right side of quotes and be taken directly to the quoted post itself, right?

Praytell, where did I say "everyone putting Axl down over his voice is a Slashite"? Show me. Because y'know, gee whillakers I'll be goshdarned, I can't seem to find it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Axl needs to be held accountable for the mr. hanky/helium/mickey voice. There are people paying to see the show, and I don't fault Axl if he can't do rasp all the time, but he needs to find a different vocal timbre if that's the case. See there? I might have just agreed or sympathized with some of what you just said. Imagine that.

Edited by saber_

Way to take what I said out of context. I was responding to what ProstituteComa said, which was the post directly preceding mine. That's the correlation, slick. Nice try though. You do realize people can click on that little thing on the right side of quotes and be taken directly to the quoted post itself, right?

Praytell, where did I say "everyone putting Axl down over his voice is a Slashite"? Show me. Because y'know, gee whillakers I'll be goshdarned, I can't seem to find it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Axl needs to be held accountable for the mr. hanky/helium/mickey voice. There are people paying to see the show, and I don't fault Axl if he can't do rasp all the time, but he needs to find a different vocal timbre if that's the case. See there? I might have just agreed or sympathized with some of what you just said. Imagine that.

Hold on there little boy. This is not the first time you have brought Slash into a thread that is negative to Axl or pro-old band. See here:

It makes me wonder "Why did Slash sign the name over like a pussy?"

In the thread, the OP posted a picture of the old band and asked what our feelings were. You replied with that. Don't condescend me when we ALL know exactly what it is you do. You do the very thing that you complain about others doing.

Also, just to rub salt in the wounds, YOU were replying to Dr DOOM, not ProstituteComa. You even fucked that up. You expect us to know who you were replying to when you yourself did not even know who you were replying to.

Edited by Young_Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm4EKHlAfd0

thought he showed a few signs of life in that video. voice still isn't that good but sounds stronger than earlier in the show. maybe a little bit of a positive sign

I didn't see any signs of life lol. It's Mickey Mouse voice without any power. I wish he can somehow get better, but he has been in a steady decline.

looking at vids from the shows - the few moments where he sings properly, and the screams to interact with the crowd - I'm almost certain that he could sustain a lower pitched but much better, raspier voice. I mean, look at him singing, it sounds lazy as fuck.

I agree with you that it sounds bad. However, this doesn't sound worse than previous tours after 2010, I think.

I take it back. Just watched this :facepalm:

Holy fucking shit. That may be the single worst performance i've seen from him.

To anyone who says it's no worse now than 2011-2013: it really is.

He literally sings the entire song stood at the monitor and just walks to the back once during the solo.

And the vocal during 'While you're breakin down my back.....' is absolutely cringeworthy. I feel bad for the band and the guys at the mixing desk having to listen to that straight up: it sounds bad enough pumped through the PA.

YCBM is the new Axl Rose Disaster.

Axl should really stop doing those Awwwww screams. It was cheesy in the 90s. Now he sounds like he is in pain.

I know. They used to be these fierce, anguished/angry howls and growls. Now when he does it in YCBM and Estranged especially it's just......what's the point? It's like a mouse squeaking instead of a lion roaring.