March 25th, 2014 - Brasilia, Brazil

Black Sabbath

I'm trying to think of any other fan base that would put up with this shit. Can you imagine if Trent Reznor came out singing like Axl in that YCBM video?

i read a jarmo post in htgth that said that his voice in the brasil shows was excellent lol

I'm trying to think of any other fan base that would put up with this shit. Can you imagine if Trent Reznor came out singing like Axl in that YCBM video?

i read a jarmo post in htgth that said that his voice in the brasil shows was excellent lol

Yeah, I saw that. I wonder when was the last time he saw a decent band, or any band other than GNR. He should try and catch a Metallica show while he's in South America. I was considering catching the show on the 29th March in Buenos Aires but it sold out, so I booked my flight to get there on the 1st April. As soon as I did, they announced a show on the 30th March, really wished I waited a day or 2 to book so at least I could catch a great show after travelling for 20 hours.

Edited by Amir

i read a jarmo post in htgth that said that his voice in the brasil shows was excellent lol </blockquote> Yeah, I saw that. I wonder when was the last time he saw a decent band, or any band other than GNR. He should try and catch a Metallica show while he's in South America. I was considering catching the show on the 29th March in Buenos Aires but it sold out, so I booked my flight to get there on the 1st April. As soon as I did, they announced a show on the 30th March, really wished I waited a day or 2 to book so at least I could catch a great show after travelling for 20 hours.

Today im going to Metallica By Request haha

:fuckyou: Have fun :lol:

Watching that SCOM video is like stepping into some bizarro universe. It's 2014, and we're watching a grown man imitate Slash (badly), wearing a NightmareBeforeChristmasified top hat like it's 1993, led by a man who clearly isn't putting any effort into a song he wrote more than 25 years ago, going through the motions, collecting a pay cheque to support a growing adopted family. Most bizarre of all, this is being cheered by a stadium full of people.

Who could have ever predicted this is what would become of Guns N' Roses?

Watching that SCOM video is like stepping into some bizarro universe. It's 2014, and we're watching a grown man imitate Slash (badly), wearing a NightmareBeforeChristmasified top hat like it's 1993, led by a man who clearly isn't putting any effort into a song he wrote more than 25 years ago, going through the motions, collecting a pay cheque to support a growing adopted family. Most bizarre of all, this is being cheered by a stadium full of people.

Anybody paying attention for the last 4 years.

I don't think I've ever seen him so lifeless and lacking energy on stage before, especially for Jungle.

It's like as soon as he hit 52 he aged 10 years.

I really hope he gets it together though, especially for that Golden Gods show.

His voice sounds ok on that one, though. To me at least.

Edited by jekylhyde

2010 tour he sounded great and was doing about 7-9 ChiDem songs a show. Don't think it was naive to hope that in 2011-12 he would release an album and tour new music. Even after the end of the Greatest hits 2011-12 tour, I wouldn't say it was expected that 2013 onwards would be a continuation with diminishing returns.

Edited by Amir

Yeah, I saw that. I wonder when was the last time he saw a decent band, or any band other than GNR. He should try and catch a Metallica show while he's in South America. I was considering catching the show on the 29th March in Buenos Aires but it sold out, so I booked my flight to get there on the 1st April. As soon as I did, they announced a show on the 30th March, really wished I waited a day or 2 to book so at least I could catch a great show after travelling for 20 hours.

You can catch Soundgarden and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Both bands play the Lollapalooza Festival on April 2

2010 tour he sounded great and was doing about 7-9 ChiDem songs a show. Don't think it was naive to hope that in 2011-12 he would release an album and tour new music. Even after the end of the Greatest hits 2011-12 tour, I wouldn't say it was expected that 2013 onwards would be a continuation with diminishing returns.

I expected it.

I expected it.

Well then I'll give you the cookie I was saving for Axl, because he sure as Hell doesn't need it.

Nah, give it to him. What's one more going to hurt now?

If he does this in Buenos Aires I will go Full Jarmo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L25U0hU9b4#t=155 comparing that to the other night... even with Axl being a complete tool and almost ruining it entirely for me by being pissed off for the rest of the night he still performed 100% better. That's a sad fact, when Axl doesn't perfrom at all in 2010 he is still 100% better than he is today... just let that sink in for a minute... :shrugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L25U0hU9b4#t=155 comparing that to the other night... even with Axl being a complete tool and almost ruining it entirely for me by being pissed off for the rest of the night he still performed 100% better. That's a sad fact, when Axl doesn't perfrom at all in 2010 he is still 100% better than he is today... just let that sink in for a minute... :shrugs:

Yeah, good show vocally. Takes a special kind of person to stand there like a statue for 2+ hrs. But just listen to that powerful voice and those beautiful raspy screams.

Edited by AppetiteForGnR

Walks off stage in Dublin:

I guess I never realized just how pathetic this was. I mean if it happened once or twice w.e but the whole "Here's the deal" would piss me off too. I mean if the bottle actually hit him or hurt him it would make sense. But he doesn't need to threaten the crowed like hes too good to be there.

Edited by darknightfan

That Sweet child is no worse that anything wrong from 2011, 2012 on the plus side :) I really hope for a miracle before the golden gods, I'm sick of magazines like classic rock, & metalhammer taking the piss out of Axl for every little thing, but he really has it coming this time. He goes and performs in front of all those famous musicians and press at the golden gods and he doesn't sing well he is going to be crucified publicly... Rio was bad, but having another Rio like performance? on camera? my god it's a train wreck waiting to happen... Has he not realized that fare weather fans go by what popular music magazines say, if they say Axl is on top form and go se him, people will be like "fuck yeah, GnR are back" if they say he looks like shit, and he sounds like shit that really cuts the feet from under him... he's getting away with this now but when he plays at the golden gods I don't think he'll be so lucky.

the outside hope, besides a miracle is that Guns pull out of the show, exhaustion, strep throat, montezuma's revenge whatever!

Walks off stage in Dublin:

I guess I never realized just how pathetic this was. I mean if it happened once or twice w.e but the whole "Here's the deal" would piss me off too. I mean if the bottle actually hit him or hurt him it would make sense. But he doesn't need to threaten the crowed like hes too good to be there.

I was there (front row, near riot!) 2 bottles hit him, another flew passed him as well. He could have ignored it but... lets be realistic here :D and to be honest If someone threw a drink all over me when I was gigging i'd stop playing especially if it went over my gear... fuck that! but this is a whole other discussion

I just read this under the comments from the recent facebook jungle video "And after all those years mr. Rose sounds awesome, what a legend!

Whole line-up is just perfect and they totally fit to each-other!

Gn'R live forever, motherfuckers!!" with morons like that out there, there really is little to no hope that Axl will improve unless he does it of his own accord. Guess bombarding the other guys with messages about this is out...

Edited by Tom2112

I just worked up the courage to watch Jungle.

1:50 - Funniest serpentine ever. I'm talking sight and sound. Check it out. :rofl-lol: Sure, he's thinner. Sure.

Honestly, overall, I don't think it's that much worse that most of what we saw 2011-2013. He was really bad during those years. I think some of you are just starting to realize that.

This is awful!! I don't understand how people can watch these videos and think that its not that bad! I will be so embarrassed if they perform this bad at the Golden Gods show. Kinda makes me sad. I don't want to hate on Axl but there is nothing good about the concert.

Havent watched NR but the first 2 seem alright to me. Obviously not as good as before, but still pretty decent. I love rasp, but just because there isn't much, doesn't make it 'awful.' It's still very impressive how he can hit those notes, nevermind doing it at 51 or however old he is.