March 25th, 2014 - Brasilia, Brazil

Black Sabbath

Shackler's is the best performance we've seen from the tour so far imo. That's not saying much, but there ya go.

I can't see it due to restricted access, is it really?

Realize that what I'm saying is that every other video I've seen has been godawful and this one is just not good.

don't cry ain't bad, i think don't cry is always good also cuz it's easy to sing for him probably but with this voice he does justice to it

It's just the start of the tour, I really don't see the "awfulness" a lot of you are referring to. It's not 2010 inspiring, but it's certainly not bad either. This is highlighted by the fact that Amir is declaring Shackler's the lowest point yet, whereas Mags is describing it as Axl's best vocal display of 2014. Until we start hearing unanimous negativity by the concert-goers, it's very difficult to credibly label the shows as being "bad".

Edited by NGOG

Shows are fine, Axl is the one consistently sucking. If you are ok with Axl using the clean helium voice, great. I just can't, it's not Axl. His low voice still sounds fucking cool but his high singing voice is just ridiculous. He sounds like a dying old woman.

Shows are fine, Axl is the one consistently sucking. If you are ok with Axl using the clean helium voice, great. I just can't, it's not Axl. His low voice still sounds fucking cool but his high singing voice is just ridiculous. He sounds like a dying old woman.

Plus how pathetically low energy he is. I think that's part of why I rated the Shackler's performance higher. For a few parts, he looked like he was kinda trying.

As I've said before, bar so low. :lol:

Guest cbgnr666

Why are reviews generally more positive than ever before,I'm talking since 2011 or so when he swithched to the clean high vocal.I like 2010 style myself but he was trashed hard in the media for his vocals then.Does the general public ie casual fans,media prefer the less abrasive style?

Edited by cbgnr666

Reviews in South America will always be positive. Hell I just read one from a guy who went to Brasilia and he was completely ecstatic. He said Axl was simply amazing, and while he adressed the voice issue he still said it's something he will remember for the rest of his life. Brazilians are passionate like that. I read similar reviews from Blaze Bayley (not that he's bad, but come on...) concerts, trust me.

Brazil worships and copies American culture like no other country in the world. Actually they are replacing Jesus Christ images with Starbucks and Apple's ones. The blind worship is the same. Even bands like The Calling (remember them?) have a following here :lol:

Edited by ProstituteComa

Reviews in South America will always be positive.

He's not just talking about South America though; he's talking about the media praising shows the fans are likely to ridicule i.e. Governor's Ball 2013.

As he said, maybe it's just the hardcores who insist on classic Axl.

It's just the start of the tour, I really don't see the "awfulness" a lot of you are referring to.

I really see the awfulness in Axl's voice.

Different people with different opinions. What a weird world we live in.

I never claimed my opinion was more accurate; but OK.

can you believe that Guns posted that on their facebook? The intro scream kinda reminded me of a plane spiraling down and then the firework came in... fitting. So, so shit. hard to watch, even harder to listen to.

Fucking awful.

I can't really see it getting any better either.

Reviews in South America will always be positive.

He's not just talking about South America though; he's talking about the media praising shows the fans are likely to ridicule i.e. Governor's Ball 2013.

As he said, maybe it's just the hardcores who insist on classic Axl.

It's just the start of the tour, I really don't see the "awfulness" a lot of you are referring to.

I really see the awfulness in Axl's voice.

Different people with different opinions. What a weird world we live in.

I never claimed my opinion was more accurate; but OK.

Come on man! the awfulness is his obvious lack of preparation. Even if Axl had taken all the time off up to the announcement of the SA shows he still had well over 2 months to get ready for these shows. He didn't, the awfulness is Axl not even being able to pull off the intro to Jungle as he runs out of breath. He's breathless, very! pitchy and as excited as he said he is a bout touring again it does not come across on stage. When you can't comfortably play your hits anymore you are in trouble, he can sometimes handle jungle, he is terrible at sweet child, Paradise city is usually pretty horrible, November rain is weak and same goes for YCBM. I might be able to find a few more recent videos where he doesn't butcher them but or the most part it is more hit than miss. I'm not saying classic axl was on every night, he has always been hit and miss, some days he would sound amazing others his voice would be wrecked and it was just pure rasp with little to no control.

I'm not trying to have a go at you but, tell me what you find good about these recent performances - not including the shit hot band obviously, just Axl.

:confused: - the solo

lol what happened to the Patience solo? Another "not good for live setting" change by entrepreneur DJ Ashba? :lol: Fuckin' awful.

I was actually expecting that to be a lot worse based on both of your comments. I mean, some of those bends are pretty bad, but I've heard much worse from Ashba. This is more or the less the same solo he's played for Patience since he joined the band but with a couple of flubs. If that was his worst of the night I'd say he did pretty decently.

And then there's Axl...

lol what happened to the Patience solo? Another "not good for live setting" change by entrepreneur DJ Ashba? :lol: Fuckin' awful.

I was actually expecting that to be a lot worse based on both of your comments. I mean, some of those bends are pretty bad, but I've heard much worse from Ashba. This is more or the less the same solo he's played for Patience since he joined the band but with a couple of flubs. If that was his worst of the night I'd say he did pretty decently.

And then there's Axl...

I can't honestly answer that because I have never paid attention to Ashba's rendition of Slash's solos since he has joined Guns. I did this time because Zint pointed it out.

Axl sounds OK. Patience (sans the outro) is basically Axl talking and walking on stage.

Maybe I forgot how bad 2013 was.

You along with 90% of the people here, it seems. Wipe '01-'02 from the list of things you guys can remember too because as far as any classic material goes, that was worse.

I terms of just voice, I agree - 01 and 02 were just awful. But at least he still seemed to give a shit back then...

Vocally, 2002 >>>>>> 2014. Rio 01 was shit, but he wasn't as bad in 02 as people remember. Listen to The Blues from Boston, he sounded like classic Axl. He *could* still turn the rasp on seemingly at will, but didnt. I tend to believe what Axl told someone after MSG, that he was "trying something new" with the clean voice. Only now, he cant even do that anymore <_<

And then there's Axl...

I can't honestly answer that because I have never paid attention to Ashba's rendition of Slash's solos since he has joined Guns. I did this time because Zint pointed it out.

Axl sounds OK. Patience (sans the outro) is basically Axl talking and walking on stage.

DJ has literally played that solo every time since at least 2011. And fuck me, I actually quite like it. It was a highlight for me when I saw them in 2011. It is like Slash's but pretty different at the same time. Way better than Finck on the song.

And that really wasn't bad. Axl was even alright. Of course the recording is really bad so he could be terrible, its hard to tell. But it seemed fine

Edited by ZoSoRose

Reviews in South America will always be positive. Hell I just read one from a guy who went to Brasilia and he was completely ecstatic. He said Axl was simply amazing, and while he adressed the voice issue he still said it's something he will remember for the rest of his life. Brazilians are passionate like that. I read similar reviews from Blaze Bayley (not that he's bad, but come on...) concerts, trust me.

Brazil worships and copies American culture like no other country in the world. Actually they are replacing Jesus Christ images with Starbucks and Apple's ones. The blind worship is the same. Even bands like The Calling (remember them?) have a following here :lol:

For what it's worth, literally everyone I know that has seen Blaze Bayley solo absolutely loved it, even the ones that didn't like him in Maiden. So it might not be the best comparison :lol:
  • Like 1