March 25th, 2014 - Brasilia, Brazil

Black Sabbath

What was he trying to prove? That he wasn't going to release shit for another 6 years? He did a great job if that was his intention, and failed at anything else. Also disagree with this power thing people are hung up on. Maybe you haven't listened to an average show from then in quite some time? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

He was proving that he didn't Slash and the old band. Are you mental?

And no, there was more power. He's not gasping for breath in 2002. He may have a very high Mickey voice, but he could sustain notes longer and ran around like a crazy man. There was a hint of old Axl there. All of that is gone now.

He was, huh? How did that work out. I think you're making things up because you simply aren't smart enough to grasp how shitty things were. There was absolutely no hint of Axl until 2006. Unless you weren't alive when Axl was Axl, then you probably shouldn't speak of it. You probably shouldn't speak of things you obviously don't know about even if you were alive.

I was alive. I fucking saw Guns N fucking Roses when they were a band. Why are you against that there was something in 2002. Are you denying he ran around? Because he did and it was the last time he did that. Are you denying he wasn't gasping for breath? Because he wasn't. He was coming back from a nearly 10 year hiatus. Do you genuinely think he didn't care when he was performing then? I don't get exactly what you don't agree with. Cite things from 2002 you believe are true, because what you seem to be implying very clearly isn't.

Because there was nothing in '02. His voice sucked worse than ever along with the band. I don't care if he ran the Boston marathon when his performance was that shitty. His performances didn't show that he cared any more than they do now, except for on new material. That was the only saving grace of the whole shitty time period. If they had played nothing new it would have been 10 times worse than it is now.

See, I personally don't see that. But then again, I always feel they have the same energy every night. Because they are hired guns and its part of their contract. They have to pretend like they're into it whether they really feel that way or not. I never actually see expressions on their face. I always just see them walk up to the front of the stage and thrust their guitars out into the air. To me, that doesn't mean they're really into it, but its more a show. And I don't see how they've changed doing that in the last 3 years.

well i do see a difference between now and 2011, 12 and 13 in the band members and even Axl is more demotivated than ever, i mean i still loved to watch them till 2013 even dispite Axl's weight there, but now it just makes me kinda sad to watch them

We'll have to agree to disagree. Largely, if you showed me a video from the last 3 years without a date, it all looks the same to me.

Damn_Smooth, I just can't anymore. You're making my head hurt from stupidity. So congrats.

Axl running on stage, not hiding his face, playing new songs, giving classic Axl rants, cracking jokes, singing like Mickey > Axl struggling to move, covering his whole face, not playing new songs, looking sedated and unmotivated. Too bad the 2002 tour got cancelled, the band was great and Axl was not so bad. Of course it's all a matter of opinion but some people try too hard to make a point, ignoring clear facts.

You're ignoring the fact that he's 12 years older and can't run anymore, yet still sounds mildly better. Not much, mind you, but better is better. He cracks just as many jokes now as he did then, and if he ranted about anything You'd whine about how bitter he is. Rant = bitter and no rant = sad and mopy.

He doesn't crack as many jokes now. He wouldn't play the Asshole song nowadays, he would then. Game, set and match. He was still normal and behaving the same as he used to in 2002. And no, his voice sucks nowadays, and even if his voice sucked in 2002 also, he at least could hold notes and that means a lot more than you're giving it credit.

He sings way more songs now than he did then and all of them are better than the asshole song. Holding notes when they sound as godawful is they did then doesn't mean shit. The only impressive things he did were the intro to Jungle and the screams in LALD. That's it. He has way more moments where the rasp kicks in now.

See, I personally don't see that. But then again, I always feel they have the same energy every night. Because they are hired guns and its part of their contract. They have to pretend like they're into it whether they really feel that way or not. I never actually see expressions on their face. I always just see them walk up to the front of the stage and thrust their guitars out into the air. To me, that doesn't mean they're really into it, but its more a show. And I don't see how they've changed doing that in the last 3 years.

well i do see a difference between now and 2011, 12 and 13 in the band members and even Axl is more demotivated than ever, i mean i still loved to watch them till 2013 even dispite Axl's weight there, but now it just makes me kinda sad to watch them

We'll have to agree to disagree. Largely, if you showed me a video from the last 3 years without a date, it all looks the same to me.

Damn_Smooth, I just can't anymore. You're making my head hurt from stupidity. So congrats.

Your stupidity should have made your head hurt long ago. It did mine.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

While not as good as anything from 2010, this is better than anything from 2013-4.

If Bruce Springsteen can do what he does 10 years older, fucking Ax could get off his arse and work at it more.

First of all, they have an entirely different singing styles. Secondly, Springsteen has always had a consistently strong physique - whereas Axl has gone from skinny to muscular to overweight.

Bruce is an absolute exception to the realities of being relatively old - very few "rockstars" have such impeccable conditioning. It's easy to just say "Oh Axl could be like Bruce Springsteen". In reality, it would an extremely dedicated lifestyle that Axl just isn't willing to commit to.

article-2431957-1820216800000578-954_634

Edited by NGOG

For the general rock fan or the non-obsessive GNR fan, the set list last night would be pretty amazing to see live. Loaded with hits and a brief middle area of ChiDem songs that allow for a beer/piss break. As far as the solos, when I saw them in Worcester in 2011 I thought the solos segued into the other songs quite well.

As for his voice, it really depends on how inebriated you are and how it sound with 9 other instruments blasting at arena rock volume levels. Poor vocals are certainly inexcusable when Axl Rose is the only person you are going to see, but I would have to be there in person to truly judge. Generally at a rock show you aren't sitting there judging the vocals unless you're a pretty boring person. Now, if you are rocking out and the vocals are still sub-par and affecting your time, then there is a real issue. Guess we need to hear reviews from actual attendees.

well glad you don't see the things worser than me lol

Shit, outta likes. Great posts as always classicguns.

If Bruce Springsteen can do what he does 10 years older, fucking Ax could get off his arse and work at it more.

First of all, they have an entirely different singing styles. Springsteen has always had a consistently strong physique - whereas Axl has gone from skinny to muscular to overweight.

Bruce is an absolute exception to the realities of being relatively old - very few "rockstars" have such impeccable conditioning. It's easy to just say "Oh Axl could be like Bruce Springsteen".

Can you explain to me how millionaire rockstar with nothing else to do except do yoga and keep fit Axl Rose could not be more like Bruce?

Fitness and condirtioning have nothing to do with your bone/muscle mass ratio at all. Bruce just wants it more than Axl.

Bruce roars his head off for 3-4 hours per gig, with crackle and rasp in every song at sixty odd, you cannot tell me that's easy.

You're implying there are reasons beyond Axl not giving a shit. Injury and disease are the only acceptable ones and you list neither.

2002 was the worst. Fucking jerseys and athletic pants, wtf. Awful voice, wtf. The braids then, wtf. VMA performance, wtf. No sign of the Axl Rose that we knew.

I always considered it a case of too much too soon. It was in no way gradual.

And the jerseys and the long braids, it came off way forced to me.

• Like 1

First of all, they have an entirely different singing styles. Secondly, Springsteen has always had a consistently strong physique - whereas Axl has gone from skinny to muscular to overweight.

Bruce is an absolute exception to the realities of being relatively old - very few "rockstars" have such impeccable conditioning. It's easy to just say "Oh Axl could be like Bruce Springsteen". In reality, it would an extremely dedicated lifestyle that Axl just isn't willing to commit to.

article-2431957-1820216800000578-954_634

The Boss will always be the Boss….

Enjoy the show, Deb!

Thanks!

I always do ;)

Yeah, I remember you were super excited about the gigs back in 2010. That stuff that you guys did with giant flags and all back then was fucking wicked (in the finest sense of the word)! And I'll just leave this picture here for you. ;)

dsc00188copy.jpg

Fucking love that pic!

I thought the show was great. Yes I got excited with Civil War, they never played it in a show I've been to before, and also Don't Cry.

I don't think Axl's voice is the disaster y'all say it is. He was in a very good mood, but didn't say much.

The crowd was fucking insane. Loved it, will go to another one if he ever comes back and/or I have money to go elsewhere.

I'll post pics SOON.

• Like 1

2002 was the worst. Fucking jerseys and athletic pants, wtf. Awful voice, wtf. The braids then, wtf. VMA performance, wtf. No sign of the Axl Rose that we knew.

I always considered it a case of too much too soon. It was in no way gradual.

And the jerseys and the long braids, it came off way forced to me.

It was too much too soon, but in retrospect it was exactly what they needed and the best lineup. They needed to get away from the GNR image that everyone excepted, because if they did something similar to now, the response would have just been "this is ok, but its not better, so what's the point". In 2002 he was trying something new. He wen the freakshow route, and at the time I wasn't as into it but I look back on it with regret. That was an interesting show and he got my attention and not just thinking I wish the old band was back. There was enough to judge without worrying about the old band.

Like I said, it was too much too soon, but I do think it was a smart choice by Axl.

going through the motions

of what it used to be

it might matter to you

but it dont matter to me

its just another show

no theres nothing new to see

so ill parade my ass up here in the spotlight

because its you YOU..YOU..YOU!!

whose coming to see me.....

Ive learned to play it safe

no risk is involved

I dont gamble and I dont riot

i dont ramble and dont fight anymore

ive said my piece

now ive found my peace

and i dont pretend to be

what I was....once upon a time

anymore..cuz Im not your whore....

Edited by rockerman

I'm new at this forum, and sort of tried to defend Axl's performance, or, at least, give him a bit of time after the Rio show, but this is it. There's been three shows now, plenty of footage.

He sounds like shit. Many can say "it's not that bad" or "it's the decent". He certainly stills sings well for an average human, sings much better than me, but he is Axl Rose, and for Axl Rose this is shit. I don't think it's worse than the past 3 years - he's been shit in all those years. Moments of brilliance though seem to be less and less frequent with each year.

I'm not even going to rant on about new songs as I always knew better than to expect any of that. Still, 2010 somehow makes me cling to the possibility of seeing a proper GNR concert, not a fat Bee Gees outcast struggling to sing their songs. Anyway, being Brazilian I came very close to shelling out the obscene amounts charged for this show. Thankfully my gf stopped me from doing so.

c'mon boys.. don't know what is wrong with that Shackler's.. sounds the same since 2011.. you guys just want to complain.. i saw the video and I saw an Axl who gave all he got, at least on Shackler's, you can see he is pushing and trying his best.. i'll be there, at the São Paulo show, and i'm pretty sure that i'm going to enjoy the show..

He sounds like shit. Many can say "it's not that bad" or "it's the decent". He certainly stills sings well for an average human, sings much better than me, but he is Axl Rose, and for Axl Rose this is shit. I don't think it's worse than the past 3 years - he's been shit in all those years. Moments of brilliance though seem to be less and less frequent with each year.

Yep.

And how fucking stupid is "he sounds better than you would"? Seriously? That is what you are going with?

Am I charging people money to hear me sing?

c'mon boys.. don't know what is wrong with that Shackler's.. sounds the same since 2011.. you guys just want to complain.. i saw the video and I saw an Axl who gave all he got, at least on Shackler's, you can see he is pushing and trying his best.. i'll be there, at the São Paulo show, and i'm pretty sure that i'm going to enjoy the show..

Man, not looking to shit on your enjoyment of the show. Of course you'll have a good time.

Shackler is relatively Mickey Mouse friendly. Raw and agressive songs like Jungle and YCBM though were made for his powerful, screeching voice, and as of now are cringe worthy live.