Does anyone else think Bucket should replace Dj for the Vegas sideshows?

Guest Gunns

as a musician buckethead is great but he is just not the right guy for GN'R, his appearance doesn't fit it at all, and no matter how much i like his playing i am glad he is not in GN'R anymore

I have to strongly disagree. What is he wearing? Why does he have a KFC/Funeral bucket in his head? The real question is: Should I care? No, because that's superficial.

Buckethead wrote part of the music you enjoy in Chinese Democracy. Buckethead did the old songs justice and he even added his own original style into the music. Buckethead was there to write new music and move forward with Axl's band (also known as nuGuns). Buckethead did more in four years than Axl Rose has done in the last 20 years, so sorry, but I think he did fit the band and he did a brilliant job. Yes, yes, he used to have a breakdance-nunchuck solo spot in the early 00s but who gives a shit. I personally loved it.

As long as the guy was playing guitar and not making a fool of himself by not showing up at all or behaving like a fuckin' primadonna. Nobody should care.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

as a musician buckethead is great but he is just not the right guy for GN'R, his appearance doesn't fit it at all, and no matter how much i like his playing i am glad he is not in GN'R anymore

I have to strongly disagree. What is he wearing? Why does he have a KFC/Funeral bucket in his head? The real question is: Should I care? No, because that's superficial.

Buckethead wrote part of the music you enjoy in Chinese Democracy. Buckethead did the old songs justice and he even added his own original style into the music. Buckethead was there to write new music and move forward with Axl's band (also known as nuGuns). Buckethead did more in four years than Axl Rose has done in the last 20 years, so sorry, but I think he did fit the band and he did a brilliant job. Yes, yes, he used to have a breakdance-nunchuck solo spot in the early 00s but who gives a shit. I personally loved it.

As long as the guy was playing guitar and not making a fool of himself by not showing up at all or behaving like a fuckin' primadonna. Nobody should care.

thats why i only mentioned his appearance musically he really added something to it agree on you with that and we all shouldn't forget that, and i wish someone in here now like DJ would kick axl in the nuts to make some fucking music again like bucket did!

F*ck no!!! Dj is a great performer and is a good fit for this band. They're great guitar players but it was embarrassing watching GNR with buckethead and Robin...it was a stage full of freaks. If I wanted to see that I could go to coney island. Whether you want to admit it or not, personality has a lot to do with being successful, and the current lineup performs amazing live shows and they are full of energy and interact with fans while doing it...and DJ is full of personality and interacts with the crowd more than anyone. Bucket and Robin just stand there like corpses and look ridiculous while doing it. At least with DJ, Ron and Richard you kinda feel like you somehow know them a bit because they interact with the crowd so well. Bucket and Robin are the last 2 former members I'd want to come back.

Guest Gunns

F*ck no!!! Dj is a great performer and is a good fit for this band. They're great guitar players but it was embarrassing watching GNR with buckethead and Robin...it was a stage full of freaks. If I wanted to see that I could go to coney island. Whether you want to admit it or not, personality has a lot to do with being successful, and the current lineup performs amazing live shows and they are full of energy and interact with fans while doing it...and DJ is full of personality and interacts with the crowd more than anyone. Bucket and Robin just stand there like corpses and look ridiculous while doing it. At least with DJ, Ron and Richard you kinda feel like you somehow know them a bit because they interact with the crowd so well. Bucket and Robin are the last 2 former members I'd want to come back.

Dj, you already have your own account on here, no need to make a new one.

you can't say he isn't right about what he says tho

Guest Gunns

you can't say he isn't right about what he says tho

The guy likes Dj because he interacts with the crowd more when on stage, what, by doing the running man/hulk hogan/and burning his cigarette into the guitar, even though he still can't get a lot of the gnr guitar parts right?

Yeah I think I can say he isn't right.

I can't even begin with this post full of nonsense. I can't take a guy like you seriously when you say that watching nuGuns with Buckethead and Finck was embarrassing but at the same time defend and praise DJ Ashba.

Ashba is the cancer of Axl's current line-up.

• Like 1

I can't even begin with this post full of nonsense. I can't take a guy like you seriously when you say that watching nuGuns with Buckethead and Finck was embarrassing but at the same time defend and praise DJ Ashba.

Ashba is the cancer of Axl's current line-up.

I completely disagree about Ashba being the cancer. I couldn't stand Robin...he just like bucket just didn't fit in GNR. When DJ came in he brought a huge stage presence and a fun attitude and it rubbed off on everybody. The band seems to be having a great time on stage since his arrival...I really don't think Ron being miserable lately has anything to do with DJ. He brings energy on stage, he constantly communicates with his fans on social media and he is genuinely excited to be in GNR and it shows. I think DJ is exactly what this band was missing.

Axl doesn't exactly look like your average Joe anymore either, so Bucket doesn't really stick out tbh.

The Bucket/Finck lineup had a lot of potential. It's too bad we never saw both of them with 06 Axl.

If anything, they added some more charisma/mystique/aura er whatever you want to call it. Were

they weird, yeah, but I think if we had seen a near prime raspy Axl with them it would've been a

different ballgame.

I haven't read through this thread so I'm not sure if this point has been mentioned but it's been ten f'n years since Buckethead was still in GNR.

To put that in perspective, it's the same amount of time between Axl's fax announcing Slash's departure and the Hammerstein shows in 2006.

My point: Buckethead is never coming back to GNR.

Edited by downzy

There's a possibility that bucket had something to do with GNR if Stinson is out.

We can only pray, but I highly doubt that's the case.

It's a shame. Bucket really fit in with the vision Axl, at least one time, had (my guess is that he still has the vision, but no desire to put up with the bullshit he’ll have to endure to push it forward). I actually bet Ron could do a hell of a job with new material, if he wasn’t so underused.

But had it not been for the ludicrous shit that seems to go with the GN’R name, we’d probably still have Bucket hanging around.

Ashba brings the hogan ears though. He's got good stage charisma and his playing is not atrocious nor is it brilliant, I don't agree with his whole business and him using GNR as a constant beacon flashing his countless endorsements and 's either but the guy is allowed to earn money. Just bizarre that Axl lets that go on. He hasn't encourage Axl to get in the studio either nor improve his vocal condition. If it was between Bucket and Ashba there's not even a competition for who I'd want to see in the band.