Duffs GnR guitar pick from recent shows

Guest Gunns

He's not an original member so it is untrue that he's an original gunner but he is the most integral member after Axl, Slash and Izzy and was a huge cog of Appetite being cultivated after the band started getting their shit together in a historic way so either way is viable in a snake and ladders kinda abstract way depending on your approach to the word original and it's semantics.

• Like 1

He's not an original member so it is untrue that he's an original gunner but he is the most integral member after Axl, Slash and Izzy and was a huge cog of Appetite being cultivated after the band started getting their shit together in a historic way so either way is viable in a snake and ladders kinda abstract way depending on your approach to the word original and it's semantics.

I don't think anyone's denying how great Duff is and how integral he was to the success of GN'R, nor his talent both as a songwriter and musician. But acknowledging that he simply wasn't part of the very first lineup of GN'R (=original) really doesn't take anything away from that.

Okay, SoulMonster, would Old Gunner be accurate enough for you then ?

He's an old gunner for sure, but I am actually quite certain he means it in the "original gunner" meaning, because I seem to remember Duff used to call himself a founding member of GN'R over at that Reverb column of his. I might be wrong though. I hope I am.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone's denying how great Duff is and how integral he was to the success of GN'R, nor his talent both as a songwriter and musician. But acknowledging that he simply wasn't part of the very first lineup of GN'R (=original) really doesn't take anything away from that.

He's an old gunner for sure, but I am actually quite certain he means it in the "original gunner" meaning, because I seem to remember Duff used to call himself a founding member of GN'R over at that Reverb column of his. I might be wrong though. I hope I am.

I was only joking. I'm sure they meant Original Gangster. I don't know if he had these picks made himself, but I think he deserves to call himself or to be called an original. I'm not quite as nitpicky as you are ;)

So Duff is the original replacement and the bassist that replaced the replacement got replaced by the perceived 'original' replacement to rejoin the replacements before replacing the original replacement again who replaced the original member then the replacements will hire Oli to replace Tommy, that's my prediction.

So Duff is the original replacement and the bassist that replaced the replacement got replaced by the perceived 'original' replacement to rejoin the replacements before replacing the original replacement again who replaced the original member then the replacements will hire Oli to replace Tommy, that's my prediction.

Ole is no longer with us.

OG is widely known that stands for original ganster. I am waiting on your speech enlighten us about the wrong use of the word gasnter because Duff never belonged to a criminal gang. At least that we know.

You're gonna be sued.

Edited by Thin White Duke

OG is widely known that stands for original ganster. I am waiting on your speech enlighten us about the wrong use of the word gasnter because Duff never belonged to a criminal gang. At least that we know.

Nah, I consider Duff more gangster than most.

I was only joking. I'm sure they meant Original Gangster. I don't know if he had these picks made himself, but I think he deserves to call himself or to be called an original. I'm not quite as nitpicky as you are ;)

Is it really nitpicky to reserve "original" for things that were actually the earliest? I have always interpreted those members here who insist on Duff being an original member to either not know better or be on some absurd mission to elevate his position further (not that it really is needed, Duff is a legend) perhaps in an attempt to glorify the AFD lineup compared to later lineups. But perhaps the word is simply evolving into new meanings.

OG is widely known that stands for original gangster. I am waiting on your speech enlighten us about the wrong use of the word gangster because Duff never belonged to a criminal gang. At least that we know.

Nah, I consider Duff more gangster than most.

When we ignore what "gangster" actually means then only our fantasies can stop us misusing it.

The OG term is often used within the hip-hop, breakdance, poplock, new style community. Someone receives the OG nomenclature when they were there from the beginning, helped build the cause, created styles and produced music. These OGs, are respected among the new guys around who, could be better than them and could have made the dance evolve, but without the OGs who created the style, introduced the basics, they wouldn't be where they are now.

For example; In Popping, the OGS are Mr. Wiggles, Poppin' Pete, Suga Pop and Skeeter Rabbit, among others. These people are old as fuck, they don't even dance anymore, but they're the pillars of the street dance and they will always be respected for that.

So, I know this is way off-topic, but what I wanted to share is what I know, that's why Duff is being called OG. He was one of the five guys who created Appetite for Destruction, one of the best rock albums of all time.