Who is happier, Axl or Slash?

Why do you think we would know?

None of us are friends with Axl or Slash.

I would +1 if I wasn't out. 1,000,000 times if I could.

I believe that under forum rules, 1,000,000 likes equals a $20 bill.

Would you rather Paypal it or send me the cash?

Wait... Nobody told me shit about this.

Oh crap. Not knowing forum rules? That's a $10 fine, bro.

• Like 1

That depends if you are talkin' bout a guy, let's just call him Jim, who created a character called William Bailey who created a rockstar character called Axl Rose...?

(Similar way that David Robert Haywood Jones created a character called David Bowie who created a rockstar called Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane,

similar to the way Vincent Damon Furnier created a persona called Alice Cooper who created a character called Steven and Dr Frankenstein...)

And if you are talkin' bout Slash or Saul Hudson

:suspicious:

Guest Gunns

That depends if you are talkin' bout a guy, let's just call him Jim, who created a character called William Bailey who created a rockstar character called Axl Rose...?

(Similar way that David Robert Haywood Jones created a character called David Bowie who created a rockstar called Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane,

similar to the way Vincent Damon Furnier created a persona called Alice Cooper who created a character called Steven and Dr Frankenstein...)

Aren't you the person who wrote pages of nonsense about how you were Axls inspiration for the Gnr songs?

I love it when weirdos post about weirdos, the glass house analogy is relevant here my fellow members.

Both are happy in different ways.

I'm assuming Slash is happy that he's putting on a successful solo career. He's happy working with Myles and putting out popular songs. At the same time though, he's upset that he'll never have a chance to return to the band that gave him his start. The band that transformed him from an everyday person to a guitar hero.

Axl is happy that he is finally surrounded by people he can trust. He is happy that he has full control of the band. He is also happy that he has a group of musicians who all get along and who actually feel like a band. At the same time though, he's constantly battling the old band and the expectations he must live up to.

Edited by liers
  • Like 1

Slash is thrilled that 20 years later people are still saying it isn't GNR without Slash.

Nothing Axl has done in that time period has gotten the band out from under his shadow, and I think deep down he takes more satisfaction from that than we will ever know.

• Like 1

Aren't you the person who wrote pages of nonsense about how you were Axls inspiration for the Gnr songs?

I love it when weirdos post about weirdos, the glass house analogy is relevant here my fellow members.

That's what I thought :huh:

Can somebody with authority put the OP in a basket, and blast him into some far-away galaxy?

K thanks.

So you're asking for me to be banned because you don't like my posts? Who else do you want banned?

In all fairness, you were banned once before. You just got to come back because they unbanned everyone. So maybe he just wants you re-banned. It's a subtle difference.

However, to the thread's question: I think comparing the relative happiness levels of Axl and Slash is rather puerile.

Well waddaya know?

Slash is thrilled that 20 years later people are still saying it isn't GNR without Slash.

Nothing Axl has done in that time period has gotten the band out from under his shadow, and I think deep down he takes more satisfaction from that than we will ever know.

For this fact only, Slash will always be the ''winner"....

Unless we know Slash or Axl personally, how would any of us know?

People have all sides to them and seeing Axl or Slash perform, doesn't tell us anything.

If money makes them happy, then they probably are happy.

The times I've seen Slash in interviews, he always has a smile on his face, but who knows why? he could just be a happy idiot.

As for Axl, he seemed happy the 3 times I've seen him live, but there are all different degrees of happiness.

No one is always happy. Life isn't that kind.

All we see of them is live performances, interviews and photos, if you can tell the depth of happiness and then compare them both from those then you should hire for your psychic ability and maybe Axl will have found his new Yoda or whoever he had in Sedona.

• Like 1