Fargo, FX Original Series [SPOILERS]

Ace Nova

Finished watching the series...very good show all around. And I was surprised to see that it was self contained, with closure.

What are they planning to do for next season? I mean, how much can happen in a little town/city in North Dakota/Minnesota? :lol:

Finished watching the series...very good show all around. And I was surprised to see that it was self contained, with closure.

What are they planning to do for next season? I mean, how much can happen in a little town/city in North Dakota/Minnesota? :lol:

There's talks about another season but writers are uncertain at this point. Hawley had said it would be an anthology if anything, like True Detective but set in a Fargo surrounding. New characters, cast, and storyline, set years apart.

There's talks about another season but writers are uncertain at this point. Hawley had said it would be an anthology if anything, like True Detective but set in a Fargo surrounding. New characters, cast, and storyline, set years apart.

That would make sense. In a way, it was like a 10 hour, action packed movie. Very well made...and one of the best roles of Billy Bob's Thornton's career, imo.

They could have easily extended this season into two seasons, had they done some filler episodes. There were at least 2 or 3 episodes of climaxes that could have been season ending cliff hangers.....but they stayed sincere to quality and ended up making one of the better series in modern television. Good for them.

Edited by Kasanova King

That would make sense. In a way, it was like a 10 hour, action packed movie. Very well made...and one of the best roles of Billy Bob's Thornton's career, imo.

They could have easily extended this season into two seasons, had they done some filler episodes. There were at least 2 or 3 episodes of climaxes that could have been season ending cliff hangers.....but they stayed sincere to quality and ended up making one of the better series in modern television. Good for them.

Yeah if they wanted to they could of ended the season with Lester seeing Malvo in Vegas

• Like 1

I gave up on this after the first episode. I didn't hate it or anything, it just didn't intrigue me enough to remember to set the dvr. I guess I made a mistake?

Most people here who have watched it would say so. But to each their own.

I gave up on this after the first episode. I didn't hate it or anything, it just didn't intrigue me enough to remember to set the dvr. I guess I made a mistake?

Like Downzy said, to each their own but this show got better with every episode, imo. Excellent character development, directing, writing, acting....you name it, it had it all.

I introduced it to my friend, we watched the first episode together and I think he got hooked as well.

Just watched the movie. Hadn't seen it for probably 8-10 years or so. Figured I'd like it more now than when I firsted watched it but I'm not sure. It was nice to see all the references but it's not more than an OK movie for me. The TV series is so much better IMO.

I urge you to give it another shot.

Yep. The first episode was good, but the show really picks up shortly after. It's only 10 episodes, but I started watching it again last week and I've only got 3 episodes left now. Very good show.

Apparently the storyline for the second season with focus on a young Lou and take place in the 1970s. We'll get to see Molly's mother and find out what happened to her.

Kind of a cool idea, as it will provide some familiarity for the viewers.

This article also reveals that Fargo, the movie, wasn't the only Cohen movie that provided inspiration for the television show. No Country for Old Men and A Serious Man were both used as sources of inspiration for the first season of Fargo. Looking back at the show, I can definitely see how those movies influenced the show. Malvo definitely has a strong association with Anton, Javier Bardem's character in No Country for Old Man.

Had a bad feeling they'd renew the show. I was really keen on the artistic implications behind doing a one-off series, but given its critical and commercial success I knew they couldn't let it go that easily. I'd like to have faith and maybe it will end up being just as great, but I can see it easily outstaying its welcome as they try to force more and more quirky stories/characters. Also, I thought David Carradine's characters was one of the less memorable from the first season (one of the bigger cliches in the show, I guess) so I'm not exactly stoked by the concept of an entire season revolving around him as a younger man.

Had a bad feeling they'd renew the show. I was really keen on the artistic implications behind doing a one-off series, but given its critical and commercial success I knew they couldn't let it go that easily. I'd like to have faith and maybe it will end up being just as great, but I can see it easily outstaying its welcome as they try to force more and more quirky stories/characters. Also, I thought David Carradine's characters was one of the less memorable from the first season (one of the bigger cliches in the show, I guess) so I'm not exactly stoked by the concept of an entire season revolving around him as a younger man.

I suppose it may be an either/or proposition, but I don't have a problem with a second season that may not live up to the standards of the first season. The first run was so fantastic that even if the producers were to come up a little short with their efforts next year it would still be worthwhile venture. The fourth season of Arrested Development was no where near as great as the first three, but as a fan, I was still happy to have the fourth season. And who knows, the Fargo team might put together another great season.

It should also be noted that FX is giving the creators/producers more time for production than they received for the first season. Apparently the production for the first season was given half the time than what the production team for True Detective was given. With the extra production time I have faith that something great will get produced for fall 2015.

Edited by downzy

Fargo is more of a cult masterpiece. Kingpin is the greatest bowling movie of all time.

Big Lwebowski to Fargo is like the Lost Highway to Blue Velvet. The formers are like the big blockbusters compared to early ones.

Dusk til Dawn kind of made sense cos the original is kind of schlocky.

I don't have a problem raping The Dude for a TV series.

Well, the McGuffin is the missing rug. Keep that just expand each part. Spend more time in The Dudes abode.

I mean the movie Fargo you don't see as many killings as in the show.

So maybe interweave more of the bowling into it, more encounters on the way to finding the rug.

Episodic basically. I mean the dude talking about meeting his buddies could be 4 eps. Them the Rug Heist. So each scene becomes an episode.

The Nihilists. Who they are, wtf is going on there. The Dude could recount an earlier encounter etc. etc.

I don't think it's impossible,

the further Adventures of The Dude continues...

• 2 months later...