BREAKING NEWS: Malcolm Young on leave from AC/DC due to health

highvoltage

Jagger is still amazing, but his vocals aren't demanding. TBH, I thought Brian sounded a bit weak on the Black Ice tour.

Yeah but I was still surprised on how good he was. He was 63ish at the time and did a two year tour and as we know his style is really demanding. But the tour did wore his voice out a bit. I havent heard him in a while and was totally amazed on the Billy Joel performance, fantastic job! That was one of the best live vocal of You Shook Me All Night Long I have ever heard and in 2014! Go figure.

Also true, Jagger still does a great job but he is a different kind of singer.

All respect to Malcolm. Not so much the other guys if they do a cashgrab tour without him.

And for you here that say that AC/DC are about to do a money grabbing tour/album without Malcolm. If you really feel that way, you do not know shit about AC/DC. If there is any band in the world that does something for their fans and a band that only will perform at a level that they feel is good enough to their stantards it is AC/DC. They do not need the money. They do not need the fame. Malcolm is ill, but what they do now is with his support and who knows maybe even by his request. Malcolm and Angus have been writing new stuff for the past few years and I want to hear these new Young/Young classics. And for the tour, really sad that Mal will not be there but like Brian said, if it will happen - it will be a short tour to say goodbye to the fans. And that is class and if AC/DC say it is goodbye, it will be. They are a band that deserve our respect.

• Like 2

AC/DC's last paycheck. Expect barebones face value tickets at $200+.

They're already some of the world's richest entertainers, and their concerts have ALWAYS had awesome ticket prices in comparison to anyone else. They also put on a huge stage production. You have no idea what you're talking about.

That performance with Billy Joel was incredible! Brian has held up incredibly well for his age. It's one advantage of spacing out their huge world tours the way they do, even if he starts to get a bit weak towards the end.

• Like 2

AC/DC's last paycheck. Expect barebones face value tickets at $200+.

They're already some of the world's richest entertainers, and their concerts have ALWAYS had awesome ticket prices in comparison to anyone else. They also put on a huge stage production. You have no idea what you're talking about.

That performance with Billy Joel was incredible! Brian has held up incredibly well for his age. It's one advantage of spacing out their huge world tours the way they do, even if he starts to get a bit weak towards the end.

Exactly this. When I saw AC/DC on the Black Ice tour they had a huge production (crashing train stage, angus hat and horns, huge platform that went up from the end of the runway during Angus' solo) and they were still only 50 or 60 euro's (I think). While I've seen acts with a lot smaller stage production at the same venue for 80 to 100 euro's.
  • Like 2

Shame, because Brian is better than ever, what a voice!

Jesus. That might be Brian's best ever live vocal performance of You Shook Me All Night Long. Hard to believe that he's 67 this year. Axl should take some notes. ;)

Finally listened to this. Gotta agree - it's easily the best I've heard him sing it since the very early 80's. Love that he went for the high notes in the last chorus, don't think I've ever heard him do that besides the studio version? Only downside...holy fuck did the band play that slow. Like, painfully slow.

Jesus. That might be Brian's best ever live vocal performance of You Shook Me All Night Long. Hard to believe that he's 67 this year. Axl should take some notes. ;)

Finally listened to this. Gotta agree - it's easily the best I've heard him sing it since the very early 80's. Love that he went for the high notes in the last chorus, don't think I've ever heard him do that besides the studio version? Only downside...holy fuck did the band play that slow. Like, painfully slow.

He does the high part on the River Plate show. I'm not sure offhand if he did it regularly on the Black Ice tour or not but it's definitely a rare thing for him to do. Overall I'd say that You Shook Me All Night Long has always been hit or miss live. For some reason it's just never worked as well with Brian's voice changes over the years as most of the other material, but here he absolutely nails it. Your right though - the only downside is the retirement speed it's being played at here and I'll add the awful guitar solo.

He does the high part on the River Plate show. I'm not sure offhand if he did it regularly on the Black Ice tour or not but it's definitely a rare thing for him to do. Overall I'd say that You Shook Me All Night Long has always been hit or miss live. For some reason it's just never worked as well with Brian's voice changes over the years as most of the other material, but here he absolutely nails it. Your right though - the only downside is the retirement speed it's being played at here and I'll add the awful guitar solo.

Ah, okay - been a while since I've listened to the River Plate show. Admittedly, I'm not as up to snuff on live performances with AC/DC as I once was, or as I am with GN'R, Maiden, etc.

I'm not either. Even though AC/DC was the first band I got heavily into, I've never followed their live performances/bootlegs as religiously as I did with Guns for such a long time. I think that's mostly because AC/DC has so much great stuff readily available as far as official releases go.

• Like 1

I'm not either. Even though AC/DC was the first band I got heavily into, I've never followed their live performances/bootlegs as religiously as I did with Guns for such a long time. I think that's mostly because AC/DC has so much great stuff readily available as far as official releases go.

Speaking of AC/DC bootlegs, have you head the newly circulated one out there from 1974? It's the earliest recording available with Bon, and it was an FM broadcast. It's only 5 tracks but it's pretty much all rarities, including Show Business (Only circulating live performance, since I think the version on Family Jewels was only live vocals?), and Bon doing the Dave Evans version of Can I Sit Next To You Girl. Very cool recording for diehard AC/DC fans :popcorn:

• Like 1

Speaking of AC/DC bootlegs, have you head the newly circulated one out there from 1974? It's the earliest recording available with Bon, and it was an FM broadcast. It's only 5 tracks but it's pretty much all rarities, including Show Business (Only circulating live performance, since I think the version on Family Jewels was only live vocals?), and Bon doing the Dave Evans version of Can I Sit Next To You Girl. Very cool recording for diehard AC/DC fans :popcorn:

I haven't heard it but my head has definitely turned. Perhaps I'll look into it. ;)

Link to it on Dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=487014

Can upload tomorrow if there's enough people who aren't registered there.

If there's no mod/admin approve requirement for signing up, I'll just register there and get it. Thanks for the link.

Might not be able to register on your first try but if you keep trying you'll get in eventually. Their system caps out at 100,000 users, but they also purge inactive users so there's always new slots opening up.

Downloading it right now. I know of all those song titles but haven't heard any of them. Haven't used Dime in ages but apparently my account still works.

You know all of those songs were on the first 2 albums, right? :lol:

Yeah, I've just never gotten around to listening to them. I think I heard them all once but I only really have TNT and Long Way To The Top from that early stuff. Apparently the first time I heard them they didn't make an impact on me :lol: . But what I meant was you don't forget seeing titles like Soul Stripper and She's Got Balls.

Listening to it now and its pretty good. Classic AC/DC and I can't even imagine what the audience was thinking when they come out opening with She's Got Balls. IMO its just that they got so much better from here.

Ah, okay - been a while since I've listened to the River Plate show. Admittedly, I'm not as up to snuff on live performances with AC/DC as I once was, or as I am with GN'R, Maiden, etc.
that was cool as hell. very enjoyable.