BREAKING NEWS: Malcolm Young on leave from AC/DC due to health

highvoltage

as a die hard ACDC fan yeah this is insane news, both beginning with sad rumors followed by sad yet comforting news. Its my belief that they will record in studio with Mal then have Sevie out on tour duties... thats what ive been readin n discussin prior :) still epic n sad news on Mals behalf. BUT the new cd has been written n hopefully all done next month wilth a shitload of brand new ACDC classics. to be this will be the bands Back In Black 2.

God I hope he'll be okay, By today's standards, 61 is not old.

Whatever the reason, I hope he and his family are doing okay.

AC/DC is one hell of a rock band and they still have a lot of life in them, but if they loss Malcolm, it might be a reason to retire.

Sad, Mal isn't that old is he? I think he's 61. I'm curious what the health issue is, there's been talk for a few months of someone in the band being ill, wasn't there? I've heard a variety of things, from a stroke to cancer, whatever it is hopefully he is able to overcome it.

I have a feeling they'll try to go on without Malcolm. AC/DC is such a big well known name, I'm sure at the least they'll do a goodbye tour with someone filling in for him.

This makes me laugh, you saying he 'isn't that old is he"? He is 61 yet so many call Axl old at 52!!!

Axl is not that old.

I've never called Axl "Old".

The fact is, in todays society, I've met a ton of people still going strong into their 70s. Many people are living into their 80's and 90's while still maintaining a normal lifestyle. 60 isn't what it used to be.

NuAC/DC.

God if they get some guy with a lame stage name and a braided beard who starts noodling like an angry bumblebee over the classics, I'm gonna go postal.

I like bumblefoot, I'd be more upset if they got a goth guy with a top hat who makes poses like Hulk Hogan.

Joking aside though, hopefully everything works out and Malcolm is able to make a full recovery.

No you haven't said Axl is old, but others on the forum have. Someone's name is even Axlisold.

I should have clarified that Liers - sorry.

Yep, he is.

i really dont know how i feel with ac/dc going on without malcolm.

For a farewell tour I will accept it.

It would be a chance for the fans to acknowledge their love of the songs, which it's really all about.

A tip of the hat to the lads, and you know?...I think Malcolm would be cool with that.

Plus one last chance to see Angus fucking Young. :devilshades:

i really dont know how i feel with ac/dc going on without malcolm.

For a farewell tour I will accept it.

It would be a chance for the fans to acknowledge their love of the songs, which it's really all about.

A tip of the hat to the lads, and you know?...I think Malcolm would be cool with that.

Plus one last chance to see Angus fucking Young. :devilshades:

yeah i would agree with that.

I presumed it would be without him, I just think that, you know, in spirit, Malcom would be cool with the idea of a final tour for the fans to show their appreciation for the legacy and to be able to dig the tunes live one last time.

Even if he couldn't participate.

If Malcom is cool with it, they defiantly need to do at least one more tour or at least show. I don't like the idea of AC/DC without him, and that will never exist. He will always be "in the band," but if he is unable to do this then his kid would be fine. A band this legandary and important really needs a proper goodbye. I am greatful bands like Zeppelin and Floyd had those final, awesome moments (the O2 and Live 8). Bands like AC/DC, The Stones, Rush, etc really need a farewell or goodbye. It is sad The Beatles never got one.

Seriously though, can you imagine if Black Ice and the Tour were it? That doesn't sit right with me

Very sad. :( Hopefully they can do a Farewell type tour to give the fans one last chance to see them, as well as a last "tip of the hat" like Zint said to everyone.

You better not bitch about how they do seated floors when it comes tour time for AC/DC :P

Very sad news as a diehard AC/DC fan. I've only seen them twice, would have loved more opportunities. Was a great show every time. Seeing Angus in person was like seeing Slash in person. Surreal. These guys are larger than life. Here's hoping it all works out for the best.

So true. There aren't many bands that I can say it actually felt surreal to see in person for the first time, I wouldn't even call the first time I saw The Rolling Stones surreal, but AC/DC is one of them. I spent weeks after the first time I saw them thinking to myself literally every day "Holy shit, did I really see AC/DC live the other day?" :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

AC/DC's last paycheck. Expect Bareilles face value tickets at $200+.

Cardi you're such a fuckin' pussy man :lol: For all the jumping up and down and going on and crying and whining over percieved disrespect in that thread look at you and what you do constantly thats fuckin' similar or identical. Like gobbing off in this thread or the Layne Stanley one, you're so full of shit fella, seriously :lol: Just brimming with it.