Is this Ron's "goodbye"?

I don't get why Axl is such a puss about releasing music.

Fear and self doubt.

Well he seemingly has no fear nor doubt about continuing to use the name, so I'm not sure that's entirely the case. I think he's more just an eternal tinkerer and perfectionist.

Hopefully he'll stop wasting his talents and have some artistic integrity for once and quit. If the band you're in doesn't release music, get the fuck out.

Yes, because being in a band is all about releasing music, entertaining hundreds of thousands of fans at concerts have absolutely no value!!!

Don't you think they've toured too much by now? Oh forget it, it's SoulMonster. :lol:

If it was up to me the band would only tour two years between records, but this is completely irrelevant to my point that it is not up to "SlashisGOD" to decide when Bumblefoot should stop enjoying being in GN'R.

If I was in a band that never played any new material and only did cash grab tours once in a while, at some point I would get fed up and quit. Yeah so he's making good money (maybe) to do all of this, but at some point you have to decide if you'd rather be a nostalgia act or be a relevant band that puts out new music.

Very interesting to hear that you would not be happy going six years between records - thanks for sharing! - but your feelings are very irrelevant for Bumblefoot's decisions; no matter how hard this might be to understand he might actually feel that six years is okay, and/or he might enjoy the touring so much that all-in-all he accepts those six years. Besides, Bumblefoot has demonstrated that he is able to BOTH tour GN'R's back catalogue AND release music in other bands and as a solo artist, so think you miss the mark with many miles. But again, thanks for sharing your own beliefs regarding what you would do if you were him.

Soul, you do realize that this is a music forum and we ALL are sharing our views and opinions on all matters concerning GnR, right? Your opinion that BBF "might actually feel that six years is okay, and he might enjoy the touring so much" is - like you chided this other guy for - just YOUR opinion. He is sharing his opinion, just like you are. What's the difference?

I didn't chide "SlashisGOD" for expressing an opinion, but for assuming Bumblefoot shares "SlashisGOD"'s lack of finding any meaning in being in a band that goes six years between releases. In other words, for projecting one's own feelings/motivations/sentiments onto another human being and then criticizing that person for not acting in accordance with the projection. You get it?

Fair enough. Got it.

Fear and self doubt.

Well he seemingly has no fear nor doubt about continuing to use the name, so I'm not sure that's entirely the case. I think he's more just an eternal tinkerer and perfectionist.

He keeps the name because only a complete moron would give it up.

Your second bit is just Axl zealot spin.

Fear and self doubt.

He keeps the name because only a complete moron would give it up.

Your second bit is just Axl zealot spin.

It's "Axl zealout spin" to say I think he's an eternal tinkerer and perfectionist? That's the most moronic thing I've ever heard. But after several conversations with you here and gnfnr, you're not really good at actually processing what people write. I encourage you to listen to Chinese Democracy and then read the history of its creation.

It's "Axl zealout spin" to say I think he's an eternal tinkerer and perfectionist? That's the most moronic thing I've ever heard. But after several conversations with you here and gnfnr, you're not really good at actually processing what people write. I encourage you to listen to Chinese Democracy and then read the history of its creation.

The "eternal tinkerer and perfectionist" routine really takes a hit when you consider that the vocal tracks on songs like 'I.R.S.' and 'Catcher' were done in 1999 or so and then never touched.

And I'm not sure I know too many "perfectionists" that would release an album with a song with a skip in it (Scraped) and a booklet that is all sorts of fucked up. And spare me how that damn label double crossed him and he didn't know. A "perfectionist" finds out during the process, not after its done.

• Like 3

Hopefully he'll stop wasting his talents and have some artistic integrity for once and quit. If the band you're in doesn't release music, get the fuck out.

Yes, because being in a band is all about releasing music, entertaining hundreds of thousands of fans at concerts have absolutely no value!!!

Don't you think they've toured too much by now? Oh forget it, it's SoulMonster. :lol:

If it was up to me the band would only tour two years between records, but this is completely irrelevant to my point that it is not up to "SlashisGOD" to decide when Bumblefoot should stop enjoying being in GN'R.

If I was in a band that never played any new material and only did cash grab tours once in a while, at some point I would get fed up and quit. Yeah so he's making good money (maybe) to do all of this, but at some point you have to decide if you'd rather be a nostalgia act or be a relevant band that puts out new music.

Very interesting to hear that you would not be happy going six years between records - thanks for sharing! - but your feelings are very irrelevant for Bumblefoot's decisions; no matter how hard this might be to understand he might actually feel that six years is okay, and/or he might enjoy the touring so much that all-in-all he accepts those six years. Besides, Bumblefoot has demonstrated that he is able to BOTH tour GN'R's back catalogue AND release music in other bands and as a solo artist, so think you miss the mark with many miles. But again, thanks for sharing your own beliefs regarding what you would do if you were him.

Soul, you do realize that this is a music forum and we ALL are sharing our views and opinions on all matters concerning GnR, right? Your opinion that BBF "might actually feel that six years is okay, and he might enjoy the touring so much" is - like you chided this other guy for - just YOUR opinion. He is sharing his opinion, just like you are. What's the difference?

I didn't chide "SlashisGOD" for expressing an opinion, but for assuming Bumblefoot shares "SlashisGOD"'s lack of finding any meaning in being in a band that goes six years between releases. In other words, for projecting one's own feelings/motivations/sentiments onto another human being and then criticizing that person for not acting in accordance with the projection. You get it?

Fair enough. Got it.

In response to SoulMonster, I don't pretend to know what BBF thinks. I like plenty of bands that have gone six years in between albums. Myself, yeah I wouldn't go six years without releasing new music and we all know Axl will go waaaaaaaaaaay longer than that, if ever. I don't give a shit what BBF does, just saying that I THINK he is wasting his talents by being in a band that will NEVER release a new album, let alone new songs (unless it's a leak.) Yeah it would be awesome to play for thousands of people every night, but what's the point in being a Vegas lounge/nostalgia act?

Fear and self doubt.

I believe it's a mix of the following; the bad reception of CD at the time, the aging of the rest of the unreleased CD material (not to mention change of guard since), the perfectionism and last but not least Axl is old now. It's obvious he doesn't view himself as a song writer anymore, just a performer.

damn you ron, I knew you were reading this thread.....

his latest tweet:

It's not failure if you don't fit where you don't belong. Only if you stay there. (My 'fortune cookie' thought for today - hugs to all!) :)

he's trolling us :facepalm:

Oh, finally :) I think he's hinting at the obvious - the countdown ending at the end of the residency made it pretty clear in my books. More power to him.

He came in, tried his best to release and write music but it's not his fault that Axl is such a fkn pussy, a diva, a has been. I'm sorry for the guy, but I'm sure he tried his best.

• Like 1

Oh, finally :) I think he's hinting at the obvious - the countdown ending at the end of the residency made it pretty clear in my books. More power to him.

He came in, tried his best to release and write music but it's not his fault that Axl is such a fkn pussy, a diva, a has been. I'm sorry for the guy, but I'm sure he tried his best.

I think whatever his plans, they are far from obvious. Whatever his intentions are, tweets are pretty cryptic or confusing.

Ali

Sad thing is Bumble fits in quite well with Fortus and even Axl, it's DJ who sticks out like a sore thumb. At least when Bucket stood out he had talent to match it. You see Fortus and Bumble jamming together all the time, while DJ just does the Hogan ears to the crowd.

More food for thought on this.

I've been following dgenerations debates with jarmo on htgth from time to time simply because it's entertaining, and he posted about it on gnfnr.

Anyways, there's a thread over there about Ron potentially leaving. And although jarmo hasn't specifically addressed it, he hasn't closed down the thread. Usually, from the best of my knowledge, he's quick to shut the baseless rumors down. That's why a lot of people believed the Duff thing to be true. And lookie here, it was.

:shrugs: