Is this Ron's "goodbye"?

If ron leaves it's another nail in the coffin - one was Buckethead leaving, another was Finck leaving, tempted to say Ashba joining but it's more about the circus he carries around himself - he's not an atrocious guitarist just unimpressive though he could clearly do a couple solos as long as he doesn't get too involved in the songwriting since sixx:am isn't really GNR's level of ambition, another was the missed opportunity to build on the 09/10 momentum after a successful CD tour and use 2011 for a record, another was Axl's voice seeming to have had a final swansong for THAT rasp... we'd be getting to the point where the GNR fast decaying corpse would need a straw sticking up to breathe the air of possibility lol.

Ashba's "we have tons of material recorded" shit, while yes, complete bullshit, is just him being a company man. He's saying what Axl tells him to say. It's a complete yes man thing but at least he's trying to promote a positive image of Guns N' Roses, like a member of the band should.

Ron on the other hand is just being difficult for some reason. What does he hope to achieve? Does he think that his passive aggressive Twitter bitching will convince Axl to put out a new album? Does he think he'll get a raise out of it? I just don't get it. I don't see the motive. All it does is make the band look bad.

It's like a WWE wrestler doing a shoot interview about "what really goes on" behind the scenes. Which is admirable, until you realize that wrestler is still on Vince's payroll and wrestling at his shows. Then it just makes no fucking sense.

I don't know if he has a motive other than venting with these tweets.

This is again merely speculation on my part from what was said during the meet and greet, but I do know that Ron isn't always able to reach management. On tour he's around them so he can there I'm assuming but when off the road his emails and phone calls can go unanswered.

Remember how he had a solo tour planned for the beginning of this year? He had to cancel that because management told him GN'R had dates scheduled. But when he had emailed them earlier on to hear if he could book a solo tour his emails went unanswered so he he went ahead and booked his solo dates. Then he was told to cancel his dates only to then later be told the GN'R tour didn't start until March anyways so he didn't have to cancel the Janauary/February dates after all but by then he had already done so because he was told he had GN'R shows to play.

This meet and greet was in October last year and he told us so much information so maybe I'm mixing some of it up so please take this with a grain of salt as I might've remembered some things incorrectly. But I believe this is what he told us.

So my guess is that if he can't get through to management with his venting then Twitter is used. Again, this is speculation on my part and not necessarily true.

Ashba's "we have tons of material recorded" shit, while yes, complete bullshit, is just him being a company man. He's saying what Axl tells him to say. It's a complete yes man thing but at least he's trying to promote a positive image of Guns N' Roses, like a member of the band should.

Ron on the other hand is just being difficult for some reason. What does he hope to achieve? Does he think that his passive aggressive Twitter bitching will convince Axl to put out a new album? Does he think he'll get a raise out of it? I just don't get it. I don't see the motive. All it does is make the band look bad.

It's like a WWE wrestler doing a shoot interview about "what really goes on" behind the scenes. Which is admirable, until you realize that wrestler is still on Vince's payroll and wrestling at his shows. Then it just makes no fucking sense.

This is again merely speculation on my part from what was said during the meet and greet, but I do know that Ron isn't always able to reach management. On tour he's around them so he can there I'm assuming but when off the road his emails and phone calls can go unanswered.

Remember how he had a solo tour planned for the beginning of this year? He had to cancel that because management told him GN'R had dates scheduled. But when he had emailed them earlier on to hear if he could book a solo tour his emails went unanswered so he he went ahead and booked his solo dates. Then he was told to cancel his dates only to then later be told the GN'R tour didn't start until March anyways so he didn't have to cancel the Janauary/February dates after all but by then he had already done so because he was told he had GN'R shows to play.

This meet and greet was in October last year and he told us so much information so maybe I'm mixing some of it up so please take this with a grain of salt as I might've remembered some things incorrectly. But I believe this is what he told us.

So my guess is that if he can't get through to management with his venting then Twitter is used. Again, this is speculation on my part and not necessarily true.

He can't "get through" to management? Then confront Beta backstage at one of the shows. She's the manager is she not?

There's absolutely no reason to make your money grievances public.

If he wants to leave, then why is he not leaving? However, these cry-for-help rants on Twitter do not make much sense when he's still playing for and with the same people he's indirectly complaining about. It's not hard to guess and even believe, that it's all about the money.

He can't "get through" to management? Then confront Beta backstage at one of the shows. She's the manager is she not?

There's absolutely no reason to make your money grievances public.

Last year they were off the road since July so he couldn't confront her there when he was booking his solo tour.

Again I don't think it's about money. It's about him wanting to do his own thing because he can't just sit at home doing nothing and not being able to get in touch with management so he can schedule his solo stuff is frustrating. Maybe he shouldn't do the venting publicly, but I don't think it's to be dramatic or to get more money that he does it. In the heat of the moment he vents.

Of course it's about the money, he'd love to hash out a couple GNR records and he'd add so much to the concoction but we know Axl is disinfatuated with a sequel to his chinese stew, he probably says to Bumble when he sees him, yeah in a few weeks we'll get together and you can come up with something to this piano part I got - then a few weeks later - then a few weeks later etc. He's hanging on cause the cheques maybe quadruple what he'd make with his own stuff now and the management are too scared to push him too far cause they know how useful he is and competent and the fans, some of them really admire him now he's an established new gunner but they keep feeding him this 'yeah we'll record something once we've stopped touring next year' and he's caught in a reward/punishment trap.

• Like 1

Are you really mentioning Ashba's lies as if they were better or made more sense than Ron's honest answers? A lie will never make sense... he's bullshitting fans and I am glad that Ron called him out in an interview saying "I'm the only one NOT bullshitting you".

I dont know if you follow Guns, but they already look pretty bad and Ron's statements will never make them look worse. He's saying that there's no album since 2010 at least... Ashba, on the other hand, promised that they were working on new songs and recorded them, not to mention that getting the album out was their number one priority. Then here we are, 4 years later and no album, no single, no rumors, etc. Now you tell me who made the band look bad - the guy that said that there was no new album yet, meaning that they shouldnt have expectations within the band or the guy that promised lots of music, made people wait, wait and wait, got people excited only to disappoint everyone and make Guns a bigger joke? The answer is a NO brainer, no matter how you look at it.

Support lies all you want, honesty will get you far and those blatant lies may be what people want to hear first, but they will always get caught.

• Like 2

Guest Gunns

Maybe there's more to it , it's been under our noses all this time. Ron covered Goodbye Yellow Brick Road a few years back for a reason..

Bumble brings a ton of crazy to the band which I respect. Come on, do you really expect a man that attempted to perform a Guns show with what looked like a giant vibrator with wings to be a well adjusted human being? He's just being himself. It's not like drama is unheard of in Gn'R land.

Edited by Rovim

Bumble brings a ton of crazy to the band which I respect. Come on, do you really expect a man that attempted to perform a Guns show with what looked like a giant vibrator with wings to be a well adjusted human being? He's just being himself. It's not like drama is unheard of in Gn'R land.

Axl acts unpredictably = ROCK N FUCKIN ROLL!

Ron acts unpredictably = drama queen booooo

GNR fans don't exactly make sense.

• Like 3

Axl acts unpredictably = ROCK N FUCKIN ROLL!

Ron acts unpredictably = drama queen booooo

GNR fans don't exactly make sense.

No, I don't think most of Axl's actions are very rock n' roll. I'm frustrated about his lack of motivation to release more then one album in 20 years. (not my only complaint)

and I don't think Ron is a drama queen. I think he's unstable, and I think he's got good reasons to be that way.

I'm past believing this band will release anything now so wouldn't give a shit if he did leave. He seems like a really nice guy from what ppl who have met him have said but anyone who posts cryptic shit where they seem to be moaning just comes across as douchey if that's what he has done.

If bbf is genuinely unhappy with GNR then leave. Would love to hear his honest thoughts as a post member.

oh, I JUST posted his tweet and you guys think he deleted it? :lol:

This is the actual tweet. Just click on it and you'll see for yourself. It is there, and yes, the countdown ends at the end of the residency. I don't know what else to suggest based on that tweet.