Dj NEEDS to be sacked

Guest Gunns

Not only does he fuck the songs up, he postures and showboats as he does it...time after time.

That infamous time Slash fucked up SCOM, he at least had the good grace to stop and try again until he got it right.

Not our DJ, he just ploughs on regardless- pulling iconic Slash poses as he goes :rofl-lol:

He has been in the band for what, 5 years...and he still cant play the songs properly, or well.

I'm glad he says he is motivated by the haters, because he must be one motivated individual after inexcusable performances like that.

Also let this be the end of all "Axl's a perfectionist" talk, because DJ has carte blanche to play as bad as he likes.

Remember guys, CASH FOR GOLD

• Like 1

I don't post a lot, because usually hatred towards a member is so strong that, whatever you say, you get flamed by the majority for not agreeing with the masses. but here... on this subject...

As far as Asha is concerned, I guess he's just not good enough for GnR... He seems to be a real fan of the band and happy to be in the band, but that's not sufficient.

He also seems to be hammered most of the time and therefore butchering his soli and intro's. I mean, wasn't it the problem with Slash? I can't stand musicians showing up drunk or high on stage. This is unprofessional and a real lack of respect for the fans.

Finck was THE man for the job. the perfect complement for Axl. On stage and songwriting-wise. I really hope Ashba gets kicked out and Finck comes back...

BBF!

On CD? might be

On the old songs?

No

Just no

Finck is awful on a lot of occasions when they played the old songs

I'd like to see him dragged into the dark night by a pack of ravenous hyenas, never to be seen or heard from again. A fake, a fraud and a shameless whore who should never have been allowed in the same room as the rest of the band.

• Like 1

Finck never fucked up on such an important moment like Dj has done on many occasions

You mean like the solo to SCOM?

From what I've heard, Finck ones up Ashba on a creative basis. But in a game of pick your poison, Ashba does more justice for the old stuff than Finck ever did (not that that's saying much).

I dont get why they can't just keep things simple. Ron does the Slash role, Fortus does the Izzy role. Back to basics and a less cluttered, more focussed sound. Played by the talented guitarists in the band

I mean, Jesus, I'm a fan since 1988 and the original band is my thing, but if a different line up is what we're going to get I'd like it to be done well

And while we're on the subject get rid of Pitman too. What band needs two keyboardists. Slash thought one was too many

• Like 2

DJ Ashba Disaster Part I

This I Love Taipei, Taiwan, 2009

DJ Ashba Disaster Part II

Sweet Child O' Mine, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2011

DJ Ashba Disaster Part III

Patience, Ferro, Argentina, 2014

DJ Ashba Disaster Part IV

Sweet Child O' Mine / Better, Golden Gods Awards, 2014

Someone should make a compilation of all of Ashba's disastrous performances. I'm sure there's more out there

I was on the fence in regards to Dj when he came into the band. In the beginning I thought he brought a much-needed link to the past with his guitar tone and bluesy style, and the appeal he seems to have with younger fans wasn't bad either. Sure, his style and persona simply abhors me, but GN'R has always been a camp band and the visuals isn't really important to me as long as you can play. So after the shows in 2009 I was vaguely supportive of the decision to bring him on - I thought he did okay and seems to be a crod-pleaser. But it is simply getting harder and harder to swallow that this scarecrow gets to butcher some of the most revered solos and guitar parts in the band's catalogue night after night with Bumblefoot and Richard left to simply watch. Based on this I have climbed to the other side of the fence: it is time to let him go and go back to a two-guitar band. Richard and Bumblefoot can easily handle this alone.

What is also a bit worrying is that is seems like to the band, Dj's looks is more important than his musical capabilities. And when you down-prioritize the music for the visuals (especially these visuals) that is a very bad sign. It's about maintaining artistic integrity.

• Like 2

I must admit when I saw them a couple years ago I was quite surprised at DJ's playing which was actually very decent, but I dunno what's happening to him lately with fucking up Patience and SCOM.

Add to it the Monster Energy tops and Slash-like hat (Which looks really lame) and he is looking like a spare prick at a wedding (As we English sometimes say) :P

There must be hundreds of just as well-known and frankly more consistent geetar players than him in the world.

The only thing I liked about him at first was his enthusiasm but that has now turned to attention seeking and clamoring to mask his basic skills on guitar (even tho his solo sections are pretty good, most players can come up with something if that's all they have to create) and his constant sales pitch and posturing and hash tags. Do BBF and Fortus need this gimmick/mask to seem bad ass?

first , he fucks up patience solo

now he fucks up the scom intro with his horrible out of tune guitar

this isn't a cupcake thread, its what I feel this band needs in order to progress forward. Dj Needs to be sacked and sacked soon!

'soon' means 10+ years in gnr terms

so lets say

DJ needs to be sacked yesterday

and hope that this one works