Feelings on Creed

ShadowOfTheWave

Your feelings on Creed  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Never liked anything they did from the start. My hate for them grew from their fans in their heyday. All of their fans that I encountered were talking about them like they were the greatest band of all time.

That guitar lick after he sings "can you take me higher" (insert lick) does, and has shit me to tears since I first heard it.

I hadn't thought of or heard these guys for years, and now I see this thread and that Higher song is playing over and over in my head

FFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK

Edited by DR DOOM

Creed is one of my favorite bands. Higher and With Arms Wide Open are two of their weaker songs, but of course, those are the award winners and the most well known. (How a lot of you probably feel about SCOM and WTTJ. To real fans, they are kinda cliche).

My Own Prison was a phenomenal album. Human Clay had some real gritty songs on it as well. It turned into more of a soft rock thing when Weathered came out.

Their latest album, Full Circle, was decent.

They are probably done forever though, so you guys don't have to worry about them putting out a new album ever again. Scott is once again being a self righteous asshole, only this time it is under the guise of Christianity. His latest album, Proof of Life, is a sappy Christian record. He calls it "the most important record of [his] life." He showed a chat room some recordings of some of his new material like back in 2010. It was all heavy and really good. He did a complete 180 and released some of the worst written songs ever. Scott has always been known for his lyrics, so it was surprising to see songs like "Jesus Was a Rockstar" on his latest album.

It's a shame Scott is such a douchebag, because he and Mark Tremonti click so well together.

My feeling is, I'm glad those guys got a new band.

FYP. As for my opinions on Creed. I don't mind them. My rule of thumb is that if Mark Tremonti is the guitarist in your band, your band is not the worst band in the world. They had some decent songs. Would I want them back in the limelight when Myles is going to tour with Slash? Not really. I mean Tremonti said that he's got some ideas for another solo album and I'm excited for that rather than any new ideas that Creed has.

I'm just glad that 3/4ths of this band went on to form another band, in the form of Alter Bridge, and make music that is different from Creed that's also compelling to me (heck, I think it took a really long time before I realize that Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, and Brian Marshall were in Creed since I discovered AB before Creed.) I am sorry for those Creed fans that thought that they were going to get another Creed album in 2012 and nothing happened and that the future is a little unclear. No fans of the band they love should ever feel this way. Heck, I feel that way at times with AB.

Edited by Anguyen92

They're bad, but I never quite understood why they were hated so much more than their generic post-grunge/modern hard rock peers. They're all bad.

The Christian thing?

Totally agree though, theyre all bad.

Funny that Christian stores sell Scott Stapp after the sex tape, yet refuse to sell Showbread.